PDA

View Full Version : accident, whose fault?

variable_x
01-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Today after school, I drove my car out of lot 10 at U of C and headed north bound on Collegiate Bv. I was driving on the right most lane and while coming up to the intersection of Collegiate Bv. and Collegiate Road, I noticed a Brown 2 door 80 Oldsmobile making a left turn from Collegiate Road onto Collegiate Bv. Instead of turning onto the left lane, the 80 Oldsmobile turned directly onto my lane, which is the right hand lane. By this time, my car is in the middle of the intersection and I tried to emergency brake. However, my wheels locked up and resulted in colliding onto the rear end of the 80 Oldsmobile. Right after the accident, my car suffered a damaged front bumper while the Oldsmobile was completely fine.

Whose fault would it be?

Weapon_R
01-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Your fault

Stratus_Power
01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
i would have to say its your fault too.. ( on paper that is..)

GingeRRRBeef
01-27-2003, 07:23 PM
was the cops there?? any witnesses?

EnRich
01-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Your fault... Sorry bro you hit his back bumper... UNLESS HE CUT YOU OFF... and you had a witness... was it a fucking woman?

Lo)2enz0
01-27-2003, 07:27 PM
its your fault because you rear ended them. when ever you hit someone from behind its your fault. this is why you should brake when someone is turning from one road onto the road your on, even if its 2 lanes.

Laurier

4wheeldrift
01-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Personally, I think that is a shared fault accident. By the letter of the law you were following too close, however the other driver made an unsafe lane change (it can be argued that it was unsafe since you had to take emergency measures to try and avoid an accident).

GTS Jeff
01-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
was it a fucking woman? why dont the shiteaters that accused me of being sexist jump all over this?

all u jizzbags that accused me of being sexist can have a fuck up your mothers anal cavities.

edit: call the cops and find out whose fault it is.

variable_x
01-27-2003, 07:52 PM
But what was I suppose to do? How can I be following too close when the car just jumped into my lane. I always thought it's against the traffic laws to turn right on to the right lane if there is a left lane.

Weapon_R
01-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
why dont the shiteaters that accused me of being sexist jump all over this?

all u jizzbags that accused me of being sexist can have a fuck up your mothers anal cavities.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:werd:

Where are they now??

Weapon_R
01-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by variable_x
But what was I suppose to do? How can I be following too close when the car just jumped into my lane. I always thought it's against the traffic laws to turn right on to the right lane if there is a left lane.

The problem isnt that anyone is accusing you of being at fault.

The problem is that you hit her from behind. Be it that it was her fault or not, the impact was from the back. Good luck trying to prove that you couldn't have done anything....she did have enough time to get into your lane without sideswiping you, so you should have had time to stop.

Btw - is she going to claim insurance for the damages, or are you just trying to get your bumper repaired?

LUDELVR
01-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Holy shit! I thought this was about me! I just got into an accidnet today too! Some chick in lot 10 was backing out of her stall and rammed right into my front quarter pannel!!! hahaha, man, this was wierd, I thought she was on here too, anyway, sorry for high jacking your thread, I'll post up another one! :thumbsup:

rx7_turbo2
01-27-2003, 08:04 PM

Hahaha, I have a job and go to school I don't surf this board all day long everyday. Yes it was sexist but I used all my good material on that other thread so I don't have much else to say, other than it was not appropriate.

RiceCake
01-27-2003, 11:38 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd: Jeff you're my hero! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the-240sx-guy
01-28-2003, 10:19 AM
i dont think its your fault. doesnt the law state that it is illegal to lane change in an intersection? at most maybe shared fault since u did hit her from behind

m@+CH
01-28-2003, 10:27 AM
your fault man
u reared him !! u lose!
any accident where u rear a guy ..u take the blame
so i recomment u to...
next tym some one tailgates u really close..pull the e brake like u did b4!!! haha u'll get paid no questions asked!!! haha
i'm not kiddin man

Horatio
01-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Actually if they make an unsignalled lane change or jump out from say a line of cars waiting for a light, they CAN be at fault (this happened to a buddy of mine). Not every time someone gets rearended is the person in back at fault.

Greg

Stratus_Power
01-28-2003, 12:18 PM
but thats pretty damn hard for him to prove that the other person made an illegal lane change. Unless he has witness or the accidnet occured rite in the middle of the intersection.. but then it would still be risky

Phats
01-28-2003, 01:31 PM
It should be his fault, he was at fault by turning into the rightmost lane when he should have turned into the inner lane, however, the cop may be a dick because you hit him from behind, so it really is at the discretion of your insurance company and his. It depends how hard your insurance agent is willing to fight for you. Best idea would be to talk to your insurance agent about it and get thier advice, they will know better than the rest of us

Nix87
01-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Although you may not think its ur fault...insurance companies usually dont care. If you hit em from behind its ALWAYS ur fault.

Nick

missblondie
01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
was it a fucking woman?

Ok, I will start the bashing of the sexist... First of all, I have been in 2 accidents in my life, and both of them were caused by males...and if it were a women, she would have turned into the correct lane, and then taken forever doing the lane change and held up traffic for a block...so get your facts straight.:banghead:

MerfBall
01-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Rear ending is 100% always your fault.

Even if they cut you off or slammed on the brakes. Yes it sucks.

Melinda
01-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx

Ok, I will start the bashing of the sexist... First of all, I have been in 2 accidents in my life, and both of them were caused by males...and if it were a women, she would have turned into the correct lane, and then taken forever doing the lane change and held up traffic for a block...so get your facts straight.:banghead:
Hahaha good reply girl. Yeah, as I said in the other thread, I'm not offended. I personally dont think a lot of females that drive should be on the road (but then again, neither should a lot of guys) Jeff, it's wrong to make those judgements, look who's insurance is still cheaper...I have yet to be in an accident of any kind with my car...

Like the rest of them said, I think it's your fault man...what's your insurance company saying or is there any insurance involved at all?

Melinda

GTS Jeff
01-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Jeff, it's wrong to make those judgements, look who's insurance is still cheaper...I have yet to be in an accident of any kind with my car... what are you talking about? please quote whatever statement ure referring to so that your post makes more sense.