PDA

View Full Version : my fabricated intake pipe

dymz999
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Well here is the intake i made up to connect to the turbo. Came out nice all in all. What do you guys think? The car sounds way different with this thing on you can hear the turbo spooling like mad. total cost was $55.

http://www.uoweb.net/intake.jpg

Lo)2enz0
07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I was thinking about doing something similar. post pictures of it installed, would be neat to see. but that plastic crap is well crap as I alright said. but is that welded in the middle? nice weld if it is.

dymz999
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
yes it was welded, very snakey pipe. I'll take some pics of it installed tomorrow. I've noticed that the turbo spools up faster now and the power seems to be smoother, maybe because the air coming in isn't going through that nasty pipe. I meant it has metal coil in it and is by no way smooth.

I spent a good 30 minutes sanding it down then doing a quick polish. I plan on re-doing all my intercooling piping in a similar fashion, this looks nice all in all.

schurchill39
07-27-2005, 07:14 PM
looking good man, your getting all into the metal work aren't ya?

dymz999
07-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Ya we'll see on that, im working slowly on it. Next step is to do exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds.

It is kinda neat though. when you start to boost the engine now when you literally hear the turbo spooling it is super loud, very nice stuff all in all. It is running much smoother now.

schurchill39
07-27-2005, 09:14 PM
So this means next time i come down to calgary your gunna take me for a ride.... and have that metal bezel all cut out and ready for my fiberglassing?