PDA

View Full Version : Fixing dull spots

b_t
07-28-2005, 09:08 AM
alright, my shitty repainted driver's side door is now sporting three dull spots, because the buffing compound (turtle coarse stuff, was using it to hide big scratches and door dings) that worked fine on the other panels apparently did not work on this one, and even after waxing and washing a couple times it has these fuckin dull spots. is there a product I can use to get rid of these spots? it looks almost like someone ran over the area with 1200 grit sandpaper, I am thinking some rubbing compound might work.. but I don't know where to look for something like that

calgarygts
07-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Take a picture and post it.

b_t
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I tried taking a picture but they don't show up that well. like, the picture in my sig has a dull spot, but it is not visible, and even when I walked right up to the car it looked the same on camera.
just imagine you don't wax your car for three years and wash it every day, and it looks like that.

calgarygts
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Try a cleaner wax and see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't I would try a hand rubbing compound like meguire's scratchX or something similar. Just remember if you use a polish like that to wax afterwards.

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
try a rubbing compound then a cleaner wax.........you should be able to get it looking good with some elbow grease....or you could alwyas go for one of those 300 dollar power polishes :D