PDA

View Full Version : Driver Training to the Rescue

YamaLube
07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Close call this morning, eastbound on crowchild, behind a minivan, lots of traffic, probably only had a few car lengths between us (my bad), then there is a siren, the van slams on his brakes at a green light to let the ambulance through the red.

(Side Note: Kudos to calgary drivers for allowing emergency vehicles through for once)

Anyways, some guy in a toyota behind me didn't notice, was following about 1 car length off my rear tire, and for some reason I looked in my mirror, saw him, scooted to the left of the van and the toyota stopped with almost exactly the length of my bike between the van and him. If I hadn't of moved he would of sardined my bike, maybe.

They told us in motorcycle training to be ready for this, and to always look in mirrors when stopping fast, anyways, heads up out there.

becks_is_back
07-28-2005, 05:09 PM
yea the worst is when people dont see you and they go blowing through yeild/stop signs, ugh i hate that

old&slow
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Try and drive like the other guy is an idiot...gets you out of a lotta scapes!

Phy
07-29-2005, 01:28 PM
:werd:
To the average dumbass, you are a hole in traffic. Drive like someone's going to fill that hole any second. (Sounds nasty when I put it like that.)

Good job escaping that though.