PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a silver Supra in the NW

SilverRex
01-28-2003, 03:19 AM
I was heading to work going on shaganappi when I noticed a silver supra with a nice spoiler at the top of the hill there.. so I try to catch it and see whos driving..

the guy in the supra musta spotted me coming on.. so when we hit the merging double to single lane.. (I was on the right) that bastard slowed right down intentionally.. I guess he either wanted to race me or dun want me to merge ahead of him..*shakes head

well once I was right beside him he just took off... I was thinking to myself I probablly would loose if I had try to race him down the hill onto country hills then again I still have winter tires on.. too bad.. lucky for him or me? keke

I wonder if anyone know who he is..:confused:

Dope Dealer
01-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Did it have the veilside kit?

Ben
01-28-2003, 01:38 PM
did it look like this one?

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/Beyond.CaTrackDay3/images/101-0172_IMG.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/Beyond.CaTrackDay3/images/100-0038_IMG.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/Beyond.CaTrackDay3/images/101-0178_IMG.jpg

Sky
01-28-2003, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benny
[B]did it look like this one?

hehe thats me to the far right :) white jacket and sunglasses. The supra is my friends friends car... not in the NW

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/Beyond.CaTrackDay3/images/100-0038_IMG.jpg

dj_honda
01-28-2003, 10:18 PM
the one with the veilside is in the SW i think...i have seen it around there quite often anyways

XylathaneGTR
01-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Yeah, the veilside one is downtown a lot. I see it around EauClare sometimes.
I do know the one your talking about tho.
Its an NA, Automatic :( I've seen a white guy, maybe in his 30's driving it, with oakleys on. (I served him at drivethru at my first job.) I almost died when i sawed it pulling up.
Im pretty sure its an NA, could be a single turbo tho, maybe 80% sure NA.

max_boost
01-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Its an NA, Automatic :( I've seen a white guy, maybe in his 30's driving it, with oakleys on. (I served him at drivethru at my first job.) I almost died when i sawed it pulling up.

I don't think that generation supra came in single turbo man.......:confused:

RiceCake
01-29-2003, 12:18 AM

Actually that gen never came as single turbo. It was either N/A or TT, single turbo conversion if its single turbo...

SilverRex
01-29-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Benny

ya it very much look like that one with the funky spoiler.. I never was ahead so I duno if it had a front kit or not..

the guy went on to country hills then turned onto 14st..
well next time I see him.. I wont let him go oO

l/l/rX
01-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Benny

i think its this one not too sure tho, but i always see this roaming around china town, mostly around Calgary Court, i see it parked there lots very nice car, and doenst it have altezzas of some sort too?

XylathaneGTR
01-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake

Actually that gen never came as single turbo. It was either N/A or TT, single turbo conversion if its single turbo...
Yeah, i know that.
I thought it was an NA, but someone said it had a Single Turbo, but i doubt it. Single Turbo Automatic...blargh.

jdmakkord
01-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Some of the fastest supras in the world(drag) are automatics and single turbo's.

XylathaneGTR
01-29-2003, 01:15 PM
well yeah, In drag racing, some auto trannies are so quick and accurate with shifting...
but a stock transmision is shit compared to the ones your talking about.
I know Chev made a custom Z06 with like, 10 coats of Pearl White, looks a mile deep, and it has around 450 horse 450 ftlbs or soemthing, and an auto transmission. On the forums at supercars.net, where i sawed it at, everyone was hating on its Auto, but its one of the most accurate.
A single turbo for drag tho...I cant see why, 2 turbo's spool faster then one, in most cases. Wouldn't a twin give boost quicker?

jdmakkord
01-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Seeing as one of the fastest supra turbos in North america is in Calgary, and he runs single turbo, along with saad saad, and all of the big hitters. I wonder what works eh? Do a bit more research before chucking up what you heard. Toyota stock trannies rock, I've seen stock trannie supra single turbo's dip into the 10's in the states.

Ben
01-29-2003, 01:19 PM
well yeah, In drag racing, some auto trannies are so quick and accurate with shifting...
I know Chev made a custom Z06 with like, 10 coats of Pearl White, looks a mile deep, and it has around 450 horse 450 ftlbs or soemthing, and an auto transmission. On the forums at supercars.net, where i sawed it at, everyone was hating on its Auto, but its one of the most accurate.
A single turbo for drag tho...I cant see why, 2 turbo's spool faster then one, in most cases. Wouldn't a twin give boost quicker?

Dragging isn't road racing, you are flooring your car the fastest it will go. Keep the rpm's up high enough to keep the turbo spooling at all times and one big turbo will blow the doors off 2 smaller ones.
Alot of tt,s are set up with one turbo bigger than the other, a small one for off the line and a slightly larger one for top end!
But yeah, a big turbo is often the way to go for drag speed

XylathaneGTR
01-29-2003, 01:24 PM
oh :(

dj_honda
01-29-2003, 11:42 PM

also, turbo lag can be your friend in drag racing, since you don't want 800+hp right at the wheels when you take off, as you won't get all the traction possible....a lot of all out drag cars have a low/high boost setting within the car so that they can switch to high as soon as they get a good launch

turbo lag is even better with fwd cars, since off the line, the weight is naturally shifted to the rear wheels, and you wouldn't want all your boost right away.

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

i think its this one not too sure tho, but i always see this roaming around china town, mostly around Calgary Court, i see it parked there lots very nice car, and doenst it have altezzas of some sort too? stock supra tails sort of look like altezzas...seeing as supras are toyotas!

l/l/rX
01-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
stock supra tails sort of look like altezzas...seeing as supras are toyotas!

true true...

Mikko
01-30-2003, 12:18 AM
I removed my post due to a moderator fixing what I was complaining at (feel free to delete this post).

red RX-7
01-30-2003, 12:22 AM
hey SKY

that guy 2 to the right of you in the white, is that Bryce

he has a civic w/ type R in it

Sky
01-30-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by red RX-7
hey SKY

that guy 2 to the right of you in the white, is that Bryce

he has a civic w/ type R in it

yea he owns a yellow EK civic with TypeR engine in it. I heard he sold it... too many prbs with car :dunno: its damn quick!

Sky
01-30-2003, 12:49 AM
The Civic with TypeR engine

red RX-7
01-30-2003, 09:51 AM
i rode in it before he painted it, it was so quick, the seats are prety nice. i have pics ogf the engine, ill put up tonight

do you know if he he ever raced his brothers WRX?

red RX-7
01-30-2003, 04:27 PM

chunger_11
11-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Yaa he did justin, killed him.... timmy cant drive... you know that.... switch drivers and im sure the WRX would win(this is craig not chung)

whatthe
11-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Dual turbos means that you are seperating the heat you need and now you have two turbines to spin instead of just one. Practical world... On the shops dyno for the MKIV conversions, between big twins and big singles.. the singles spool up quicker and provide better throttle response.

B69
11-04-2003, 07:50 PM
seince were talking about supras does anyone know if the passenger could be able to see a in dash dvd player? The center consol is tilted for the driver so im just curious.

red RX-7
11-04-2003, 08:48 PM
wow this is an old thread

mutsuraboshi
11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
my kinda cousin, more like family frend had a silver supra with the whole veilside works...
i heard he crashed it tho... mmmm prolly not the same one
i cant see those pix that are posted?

whatthe
11-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by red RX-7
wow this is an old thread

Just noticed the message come up today... didn't even look at the dates for the rest of the stuff. I didn't even post that long ago.

As for passenger seeing DVD playe in a Supra.. it wouldn't be the easiest spot anyway. That spot is the 'factory' spot for Supra owners to drill holes for gauges, not DVDs (assuming Toyota knew it would be raced, and they did). :) Just like the factory extra few inches of green wire for tach signal under hood is meant for the magnetic pick-up on a dyno, not for floss (assuming Toyota knew it would be dyno'd... oh, and they did. :D ).

Is your family buddies name Chris (forgetting the last name)? There was a veilside one in Calgary with some big twins on it. It's now had the factory veil-side removed to look like a normal Supra though. No crashes on it though.

mutsuraboshi
11-05-2003, 05:20 PM
haha for real i dont kno his name in english
he had a bro but they werent twins unless ur talking about turbos :p