PDA

View Full Version : Wheel opinion for my s2k

pinoyhero
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to sell my s2k but if i don't im gona hang on to it and turn her into more of a project car. First will be a st of rims, I was thinking about the rota slipstreams in either black or gunmetal with polished lip. Not overly expensive but a very unique look in my opinion. Any thoughts? Also any idea how much a set of 16s or 17s with rubber would cost all in?

turbo'dGSR
07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Slips are always nice, just picked up a set myself. Id say go gunmetal on your red s2k, or black, either would look nice...bronze would be hawt! Should be able to get rims/rubber for about $1100 or so. Also, slips w/ polished lip?..havent seen that one before...fill me in.

2.2vtec
07-28-2005, 10:12 PM
bizzatch!! Slut muffin hahhaa, you should ask him!

Redlyne_mr2
07-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Do Rota even make any decent sizes for RWD cars? I dont think so, youre almost better off staying with Stock.

JordanLotoski
07-28-2005, 10:32 PM
:drool:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670669_5_full.jpg

Seanith
07-28-2005, 11:34 PM
IMO I would never get Rota wheels for a S2K.. if you have a car like that you should be getting the real deal I think. Get the real spoons or get some Volks or something. It has to be comparable to the car its going on.. you don't see people putting Racing Harts on Ferraris. That being said i'm sure the Rotas will still look good, I really like Rotas. Do they even make them in sizes bigger than 16"?

88CRX
07-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
IMO I would never get Rota wheels for a S2K.. if you have a car like that you should be getting the real deal I think. Get the real spoons or get some Volks or something. It has to be comparable to the car its going on.. you don't see people putting Racing Harts on Ferraris. That being said i'm sure the Rotas will still look good, I really like Rotas. Do they even make them in sizes bigger than 16"?

haha, i was just gonna say the same thing lol.

get some real spoon dubs, volks, works, etc etc etc.

and ya, rota now makes 17" slips... i've seen them for sale, but never on an actually car :dunno:

kenny
07-28-2005, 11:38 PM

Doesn't matter what car its going on, if you want to save some cash for other modifications, get rotas. They are just as good as name brand wheels with the exception in some cases of sizing and of course weight.

An S2K (at least a used one like in this case) is a mid $20k car, its not a high end sports/luxury car so I don't see why it should require name brand wheels.

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR
Slips are always nice, just picked up a set myself. Id say go gunmetal on your red s2k, or black, either would look nice...bronze would be hawt! Should be able to get rims/rubber for about $1100 or so. Also, slips w/ polished lip?..havent seen that one before...fill me in.

The polished lip looks hawt IMO, check it out on their site they now offer both black and GM with polished lip.

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
bizzatch!! Slut muffin hahhaa, you should ask him!

I have no idea what you're saying

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Do Rota even make any decent sizes for RWD cars? I dont think so, youre almost better off staying with Stock.

They do, in the 16s they make a nice iftting staggard fitment in the sips now, very good fit i've heard for the s2

finboy
07-29-2005, 07:16 AM
get the rotas that look like ssr professors :bigpimp:

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:17 AM

I'd probably be going for 16s. The real spoons fit slightly better and weigh about 10% more oh yeah and cost 300 more. The s2k is a nice ride but i wouldn't compare it to a ferrari.

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

haha, i was just gonna say the same thing lol.

get some real spoon dubs, volks, works, etc etc etc.

and ya, rota now makes 17" slips... i've seen them for sale, but never on an actually car :dunno:

Yeah I was thinking about "spoon dubs" but then realized two things..

1. Spoon does not make 22 inch rims
2. I'm driving an s2k not a HUMMER

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by finboy
get the rotas that look like ssr professors :bigpimp:

Ah yes!! The D2s, I think they;re gonna come in hyper black aswell, That may end up being the choice if they offer a good stagered fit, but I'd go 17 in this one for sure.

88CRX
07-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

spoon dubs = spoon sw388 :dunno: :D

lastprodigy
07-29-2005, 07:58 AM

you need to learn some more before getting into the honda game after reading this comment lol ;) :rofl:

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
I know of the spoon rims that the rota slips knock off. How much more inot the honda gmae can i get other than owning the NSX? Dubs refer to 22 inch rims (hence the name dubs eg. dub meaning 2). And trust me I know enough about the "honda game" to know that "dubs" don't fit on an s2k without a lift kit.

civicsi
07-29-2005, 09:50 AM

I'd probably be going for 16s. The real spoons fit slightly better and weigh about 10% more oh yeah and cost 300 more. The s2k is a nice ride but i wouldn't compare it to a ferrari.

Actually the real spoons fit ALOT better, and weigh 10% less than the rotas not the other way around.
As for price its alot more than $300 over a set of rotas, unless you are getting a smoking deal somewhere (hook me up :D)

dj_honda
07-29-2005, 10:01 AM
if you are going to go with rotas, get the mf10 replicas (c10 i think) or the emotion replicas (torque).

Seanith
07-29-2005, 10:55 AM

The s2k is a nice ride but i wouldn't compare it to a ferrari.

Yeah I wasn't really comparing the s2k to a ferrari. I was just comparing

rotas on an s2k
to
racing harts on a ferrari heh

Have you considered a wheel thats a little more eye catching like the circut 10s? I think those would look hot in gunmetal with a polished lip on a s2k.. either that or Mugen MF10s! :D

88CRX
07-29-2005, 12:05 PM

spoon dubs = spoon sw388 :dunno: :D

get it?

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by civicsi

Actually the real spoons fit ALOT better, and weigh 10% less than the rotas not the other way around.
As for price its alot more than $300 over a set of rotas, unless you are getting a smoking deal somewhere (hook me up :D)

Meant to write 300% sorry

pinoyhero
07-29-2005, 05:58 PM

get it?

Not really, maybe I have't heard of the sw388 being referred to as dubs before, only 22s as dubs

Z24_3.1
07-29-2005, 06:03 PM
go for a nice set of 18"s man that would loooook swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeettttt

JordanEG6
07-29-2005, 06:04 PM
17" Advan RG in gold
17" Volk gramlights in gunmetal or gold w/ polished lip

s2ks loook sweet with any of these :thumbsup: