PDA

View Full Version : Swapped in an SR turbo...

TypeS
07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
just looking for info on the wastegate actuator. The turbo i bought didnt come with one, and i thought i could use the one off my CA18 T25, but its slightly different. Before i crack out the hacksaw to modify my existing actuator, ive been trying to track down one off an S13 SR T25 to save me the trouble. Or if there is a write up or something about using the CA one...
Incase your all wondering i blew up the old one on the D-sport trip to edmonton, along with a couple other minor problems...i guess my car doesnt quite like deadmonton:angel:

anyways, y'all gots a spare one sittin around? or one at all? i will still track one down and return it to you, im running without one right now lol so i finally know what its like to drive a Q's:D

Boost Infested
07-28-2005, 09:52 PM
lol u werent the only one that was broken on the way back from edm.... i wish i had my camera out....... :rofl:

NECC has a few i think for sale..

finboy
07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
congrats on the swap tanner, now get the aero bumpers and some 17's and you will be blingin' :burnout: :thumbsup:

dymz999
07-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Or you could always upgrade to an HKS actuator. They hold boost way more efficiently. So you dont get crazy spikes more like constant boost from that lil turbo.

Lo)2enz0
07-29-2005, 01:30 PM
I have the t28 actuator, don't know if it will fit but its all yours if you want.

TypeS
07-29-2005, 10:46 PM
well i tried modifying the CA wastegate actuator, but its looking like its definetly not going to fit properly. Im gonna try lauriers T28 one tommorow, maybe all the SR turbos had the same one and the CA was different...who knows:confused:

Anyone got pics of their SR T25's and T28's? id like to see if they are visually different.

dymz999
07-29-2005, 10:56 PM
T28 will not work on the SRt25 as the T28 has a bent actuator rod and the T25 is straight. It is due to the larger compressor housing.

If you need an SR actuator I have a working one I can give you for uhmm FREE!!!

TypeS
07-29-2005, 11:00 PM
OH OH OH please!!! i want to feel boost again!!!! lol where do you live i will leave RIGHT now to get it!!
haha your a life saver, nobody has one just sitting around!
When can i come pick it up?:clap:

dymz999
07-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I can probably come drop it off for you sunday or monday if your free. I have to get my sister in law to bring it to me from her house. It is sitting on my old T25 that i messed up while having fun lol.

Pm me your phone number...

schurchill39
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Dymz to the rescue again!

finboy
07-31-2005, 07:28 PM
tanner, your sig is wrong now :thumbsup:

dymz999
07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Tanner,

Did that actuator work good for ya? let me know if it did. If not i do have another one sitting here. I think i finally found my problem today, i think my FPR took a dump on me!

TypeS
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh it worked wonders man, but im still unable to get on er' cuz there was a vac line nipple on the intake side of the CA turbo that ran to my HKS boost controller splitter, and there is no nipple on the SR turbo. so until i drill/tap/fit a nipple somewhere else its wide open boost right now!!! gotta keep my eye on the needle!
i drove it out onto my street and gave it about half throttle and it just kept boosting lol...hit about 16psi before i realized why it felt so fast:eek:

One thing i noticed was the new turbo is MUCH quieter...probobly due to the fact that the fins on my old one looked like this ever since I bought it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/kornitarium/turbo2.jpg:eek: :eek:

I'm positive it made the airflow pretty rough so not only would it heat up and become inefficient quick, it made a loud ass whirring sound as it spooled. The new turbo sounds healthy, and it boosts quick.

All I need to do is get this damn seized clutch fan out and it wont sound/feel like a semi:nut:

Thanks again Kevin, I owe you one:thumbsup:

Edit: haha Adam its still a CA....just with a little umm, help:D

dymz999
07-31-2005, 09:38 PM
On the seized clutch fan, it is possible they put the belt on way to tight causing it to not turn. besides that it would have to be the water pump messing up on ya.

your more than welcome for the help, just doing my good deeds :angel:

Put a tee into the vacuum source that is running to your fuel pressure regulator. Take the one to the fpr and then the second one to the wastegate actuator and then your done. it should work with no problems for the time being.

Inthered
08-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the ride today Tanner, it's hella quicker now than before. It'll sound alot better once you fix the fan clutch so it doesn't sound like a GM minivan.:rofl: Autovalue should have one in stock for you.:D

dymz999
08-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Its nothing to do with the fan though. either the belt is way too tight or the water pump is having issues.

pressure_ratio
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM
No the clutch fan is locked up solid,we checked it again yesterday.It's not making the belt squeal or anything it just sounds like a mack truck and is more annoying than anything.
Tanner was saying he thought it sounded funny a few months ago but I figured it was just because of the warmer weather it was engaging more often.It seemed okay then but I guess it must have been on it's way out.
Not a big deal tho,better than the sound the turbo was making last week for sure!

Lo)2enz0
08-01-2005, 09:32 PM
problem solved, now I have to get electric fans

finboy
08-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
problem solved, now I have to get electric fans

i have a spare and some 5X100 black/polished rims for your golf ;)

braden883314
08-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio
No the clutch fan is locked up solid,we checked it again yesterday.It's not making the belt squeal or anything it just sounds like a mack truck and is more annoying than anything.
Tanner was saying he thought it sounded funny a few months ago but I figured it was just because of the warmer weather it was engaging more often.It seemed okay then but I guess it must have been on it's way out.
Not a big deal tho,better than the sound the turbo was making last week for sure!

:werd: there is no way it could be a belt, we took the clutch fan off for the ride home and it didnt give us any trouble, until we slowed down that is, but i looked at the fan carefully when we removed it, there was no was that thing was breakin loose, i tryed!! and yeah a whoosh sound is alot better than that turbo sounds, haha even wif his blown turbo, it sounded alot better than Jeff's and he has been drivin wit that thing for months!

~Braden

Lo)2enz0
08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
ouch low blow on jeffs part

so how is it running, I still have to go outside and look for those bolts that fell, or hit up rona for some new ones.

crazydave
08-02-2005, 06:21 PM
tanner did you get new rims?(sig) i havent been to a meet in a long time!perhaps in a week or so.i got a surprise for everyone then!

TypeS
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
It was definetly the fan, because Lauriers fan cured the problem....and OH OH damn the new turbo feels/sounds soo sexy! I guess the old one was really messed for a while, because it sounded alot rouger than the one i just put it....it sounds so healthy and smooth now, and pulls much harder.
As for rims yea i swapped with cam, im painting the centers black this weekend...i photoshopped a quick preview:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/kornitarium/blackcenters.jpg

Thanks kevin and thanks laurier....the car feels better than it ever has:clap: now i just need to tap that line in somewhere before i get myself in trouble:devil:

crazydave
08-03-2005, 09:21 PM
pimp tanner pimp!!!!:bigpimp:
i am definitly gunna have to come up to a meet this next weds!

A790
08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Those rims look damn familiar.... ;)

Nice to here about the new turbo Tanner. Glad everything worked out for ya :)