PDA

View Full Version : Waiter Or Waitress Positions

gonefishing
07-29-2005, 11:09 AM
hey guys,

just thought i would let you guys know that there are a couple of server positions available at the restaurant i work at. if you have past experience ( especially sushi/japanese food ) as a server the training should be quick. Even if you have no experience at all you will probably have to work as a bus person for a couple of monthes to get to know the place and menu first before you will get bumped up to a server. being a bus kinda blows but you still make around $10 per hour (with tips) and it is worth it when you become a server you average $15 - $20 per hour (mostly tips). So if your interested just go down to Sakana Grill 116 - 2ave S.W and fill out a application form.

*WARNING* the restaurant can get quite busy so if your looking for a slack job this won't be for you.

soontobeped
08-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Question. . .do servers split tips with bussers or do people tip bussers? Just asking, because I have never tipped a bussed before.

Stephen81
08-01-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by soontobeped
Thanks for letting us know. Question. . .do servers split tips with bussers or do people tip bussers? Just asking, because I have never tipped a bussed before.

Buss or support staff receive some form of "tip out" either directly from the servers or through an organized system based on the building's sales for the day (like my restaurant does) Lots of my buss-girls get tipped by customers for being really friendly and because they do takeout orders at the front desk.

Serving jobs are sweet:thumbsup: Can't beat all that cash at the end of the night! I miss it.