PDA

View Full Version : Changing oil in sr20, how much oil do I need?

topher91
07-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey guys,

I'm changing the oil in my car this weekend but I don't know how much oil it takes to fill. And I also have a Greddy remote oil filter, now if I remember correctly, Braden or Christian told me that it should be a Corolla oil filter? What year Carolla? or better yet, what is the part# :D

I'm not lazy, I already googled it and didn't find anything.

TIA

Chris :thumbsup:

camaro
07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Just fill it up until the dip stick is full which is about 4 litres. For exact specs, check your manual it says in there.

dymz999
07-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Chris,

oil filter, goto nissan dealership and ask for an oil filter from a 1991 2.0 LITRE nissan sentra SE-R. That is the filter you want. OEM nissan filters are good stuff.

Do you have a stock oilpan on the engine or is it upgraded? It should be 4 litres of oil, with the remote filter it might be closer to 4.5 litres. put the 4 litres in first and just check with the dipstick though. But get the sentra SE-R filter!!!

topher91
07-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
Chris,

oil filter, goto nissan dealership and ask for an oil filter from a 1991 2.0 LITRE nissan sentra SE-R. That is the filter you want. OEM nissan filters are good stuff.

Do you have a stock oilpan on the engine or is it upgraded? It should be 4 litres of oil, with the remote filter it might be closer to 4.5 litres. put the 4 litres in first and just check with the dipstick though. But get the sentra SE-R filter!!!

Will that fit on the remote oil filter?? The oil filter has been moved off of the block so that's why I'm asking. Is the SE-R filter the same size?

Oh and Mobil 1 Sythetic's is ok too right?

Chris

EK 2.0
07-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by topher91

Will that fit on the remote oil filter?? The oil filter has been moved off of the block so that's why I'm asking. Is the SE-R filter the same size?

Oh and Mobil 1 Sythetic's is ok too right?

Chris

depending in the KMS on the car already...I wouldnt switch to a full synthetic. Try a Syn-Blend for a bit and see if there are any leaks that may arise...if not then next oil change or the one after that pour in some Synthetic. And then still be prepared for any leaks. As synthetic oil has a sneaky way of finding leaks that regular dino-oil doesnt.

As for the part number on the filter...If i had in in front of I would tell you right off the bat as I used to work as a tech for Toyota. But alas, I do not. Check the GReddy website if you havent to see if they have a PH number listing for a filter for the remote mounts. And then proceed from there...

dymz999
07-30-2005, 09:11 AM
If you have the greddy relocation kit the SE-R filter should fit. Since you have a CA though i'm not 100% sure on that. Then again you'd think the CA18DE would use the same filter. It will be hard to know which filter you need to know until the filter is off. It is impossible to say what thread size and pitch is there since those kits come with an array of sizes...

chris
07-30-2005, 09:46 AM
^^^uhhh he has the black top sr with the oil filter relocation kit

dymz999
07-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Then it is 100% for sure a SE-R oil filter. I have 7 of them in my garage!!! need 1 lol. Ask for the 2.0 litre sentra filter from any nissan dealership, you'll be happy.

kirberman
07-31-2005, 03:25 AM
For a blacktop S14 SR its actually 3.5q or 3.7l not including the space the relocation kit takes up. Also for a blacktop filter its a B13 Sentra or 200SX filter but if its a redtop then its the NX2000 filter or B12 S-ER filter (parts #15208-53J00), there is a difference, after my filter flew off while the engine was running I figured out there was a difference. But the blacktop S13 SR's may be the same I'm not too sure. Heres a link to dl the blacktop sr's FSM. There are also other FSMs if others need it. Hope this helps!

http://www.zeroyon.com/TheSite/techservice.html

nosegrindR
07-31-2005, 09:47 AM
redtop is 3.8L it's so bloody hard to read the dipstick for the oil level on my redtop sr.

topher91
07-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Ok, I checked the Greddy www and the filter relocation kits say they use 1.6L Corolla GTS filters only. But you guys are all telling me to use the SR size filters, are they the same then??

EK 2.0
07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Ok, I checked the Greddy www and the filter relocation kits say they use 1.6L Corolla GTS filters only. But you guys are all telling me to use the SR size filters, are they the same then??

then just use the 4A-GE filter then...and I know it's Sunday...but I would wait till Tuesday and pick up an OEM one from Toyota...

dymz999
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Why do i get the feeling the toyota and nissan filter are probably the exact same size or something. I know greddy makes those relocation kits generically to fit various engines though which would explain the filter situation.

CelicaST-162
07-31-2005, 04:09 PM

Part Numbers

Slightly bigger filter #90915-YZZ-F1
"Corolla" Filter #90915-YZZ-F2

The F1 is a tad longer, you can use either filters...Id rather use the F1 for that tad bit more oil capacity:)