PDA

View Full Version : In Japan...

LUDELVR
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
and all I gotta say is HOLY SHIT! This place kicks ass on Korea! No wonder they ruled Korea for so long! haha Just kidding, but seriously, it is so much cleaner here, no one honks at you when you are crossing the street and there are so many more sweet rides here, not just hyundais! haha. :rofl: I mean I have seen about 30 skylines since I got here and I have seen so many other sweet rides! Anyway, it is a hell of a lot more expensive here so that:s the downfall.

I am gonna try and hit up a scrap yard later so hopefull I can try and find some small shit that I can take home. I:m currently in Kyoto so it is a lot smaller but still so many sweet rides and shit. Can:t wait to hit up osaka, bigger and hopefully more rides. Seriously, seeing skylines, rx7s and any other high end sports car you:d see in canada is like seeing your everyday civic! It:s sweet. Anyway, I:ll post pics when I can. :thumbsup:

dj_rice
07-30-2005, 12:28 AM
:thumbsup: ...cant wait for ur pics

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2005, 12:51 AM
So jealous.

finboy
07-30-2005, 01:01 AM
leo, find me a bling jdm tach from a junkyard :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Primer_Drift
07-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes, please be our parts bitc..errr Purveyor of JDM goods:clap:

LUDELVR
07-30-2005, 04:38 AM
haha, dude, seriously, I would spend my entire trip looking for parts, but unfortunately, I have to do the whole tourist thing and go sightseeing!! :thumbsdow haha, but it`s not that bad. Man, I`m seeing skylines (all of them, r32s, r34s and 4 doors!), lancers, sti`s, rx7s and supras. You name it , Ive seen it! Most of them have just been commuter cars and really, they`re as frequent as civics...I have only seen like 3 civics!! :eek:

Anyway, my plan is to try, I repeat try to hit up the junkyard, but from the sounds of it, it may be too far from where I*m staying!:(

topher91
07-30-2005, 10:05 AM
SOOOOO JEALOUS here...... :cry:

Are the people friendly??

Chris

1-Bar
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
sounds like fun.....do you get to eat sushi off naked chicks?? Or is that not part of the tour??

EK 2.0
07-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
sounds like fun.....do you get to eat sushi off naked chicks?? Or is that not part of the tour??

Leo will make it part of the tour haha...

Hey brother...bring back some stuff I can use for the EK...remember how far back we go...haha;)

LUDELVR
07-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Haha, yah man, I`m still looking for the sushi in the raw places but so far no luck!:( Anyway, I wanted to hit up the junkyard because I was told that there is a place that is about half an hour from my hotel that is famous for its junkyards, but unfortunately I have come into two problems. First of all the cab ride down there would cost me about 130 dollars! :eek: there is no bus apparently. Secondly, it`s Sunday today and they are not open!:thumbsdow So yah,@he@@@@@D

finboy
07-30-2005, 07:04 PM
easy solution, use your macking skills to pick up someones mom, and get her to drive you there :thumbsup:

Zephyr
07-31-2005, 03:12 AM
heh all the gaijins get the women too, leo go hit up on some JDM ass!

LUDELVR
07-31-2005, 04:54 AM
Dude, eating sushi off of a naked body wasn`t as cool as I thought, nor as easy! I mean, I was able to get the sashimi off of my chest but there is no way I can get those grains of rice under my balls! No way!! The wasabi also kinda makes it feel like I have gonoreah!!:dunno: Oh so many memories!! :rofl:

Anyway, yah, the people here are way nicer than in Korea...well, not to say that they are simply nicer but they are more cultured and courteous. In Korea, people simply rush by you and try and push you out of the way, but here, so far, people have been much more polite. Same is on the roadways. In Seoul, it was always a rat race and trying to cross the street could`ve meant sudden death for me because busses, taxies, scooters and even pedestrians would try and beat you across the street! Here in Osaka...I:m in Osaka now! haha as well as in Kyoto, everything that didn`t have the right of way would politely stop and allow you to cross! It was such a change that I was ready in my crane stance (a stance that the people in Japan know well...especially those students of Mr. Miyogi) but they politely waved me by. I used to hear honking at every corner in Korea but here, I`ve literally only heard about 3 honks.

Also, the garbage was on every corner and people littered everywhere...here, it`s a hell of a lot cleaner!

One thing I hate about Asians in the as a whole however are that they are such fashion slaves! In Korea, it was all about the LV (fake or real) as well as sporting the heals no matter what they were doing, shopping, hiking or sports! In Japan here, there are more blondes than in California and about 90% of them are sporting the side pony tail!!! Like common man!!

I do have a bit of good news and I hoping that it goes to plan along with me visiting the JDM junk yards, and that is that I`m shooting to visit Signal Auto. They have two locations, one in Osaka where I am now and one in Kyoto where I was. In Osaka, it`s the body shop and stuff and in Kyoto, it`s the tuning shop. Good news for me is that I will be going back to Kyoto for the sole purpose to try and hit up that tuning store! I`m gonna try and get to the body shop regardless for some pics. Like I said, hopefully it goes to plan and I can get some decent pictures!!! :thumbsup: Can:t wait, I seriously want to move here for a year cuz it would be fucking pimp!!!:thumbsup:

pinoyhero
07-31-2005, 07:30 AM
nds like you're having a great time man, if you ever get around to posting some pics, even when you get back that would be great

mo_virgin
07-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Yo man... you're gonna get bored of seeing nice cars... its not that cool. I've been in HK for the past 3 months and ive seen EVERYTHING... skylines are plentiful, lotuses, i've seen an enzo, a zonda. When nice cars are plentiful you don't even care... its like good looking women i guess... when all the girls are beautiful, only a stunning one is gonna catch your eye.

j0m3r
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Just wondering, how much did it cost you to go there ?

LUDELVR
07-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Yo man... you're gonna get bored of seeing nice cars... its not that cool. I've been in HK for the past 3 months and ive seen EVERYTHING... skylines are plentiful, lotuses, i've seen an enzo, a zonda. When nice cars are plentiful you don't even care... its like good looking women i guess... when all the girls are beautiful, only a stunning one is gonna catch your eye.

You know what man, you`re so right, I`ve only been here 3 days and it`s like I`m getting sick of seeing these cars...did I say that!:eek: But really, it:s like every corner I take or every time I turn my head, there is a nice tuning car. So yah man, I know exactly what you are talking about. But still, it is nice to see them haha, I won`t like!

Oh yah, I wanted to add a couple more things about the culture here in comparison to Korea. I think that Japan is still evolutions ahead of Korea with some respects. Korean women still seem to be in a sheltered role. Korean women are way more whiney! Japanese women seem to be a bit stronger and brave (for lack of a better word). There are so many Japanese women who smoke in public, and I mean just as many as men, where as Korean women will almost never smoke in public for fear of how it will make them look. On top of this, I have seen so many tattoos on Japanese women (and they actually show them) where as if a Korean man has a tattoo, he may be viewed as a gangster, just imagine what a woman will be thought of! Last thing and I absolutely love it is that there is virtually no one who spits in public! I was getting so disgusted by Korean men who hock up huge lugies right in front of me.

In Korea`s defence however, I think Korean women have prettier faces...umm...that`s about it I think! haha, not to say that japanese women aren`t pretty, but I think that there seem to be more pretty Korean women. I:m surethat there are more things that Korea is better for, but nothing comes to mind!:dunno:

Yah, I`ll post up pics when I can, I just took a picture of a scooter with an aluminum wing!!!:rofl: OH man, it was super sweet!!:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
07-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by j0m3r
Just wondering, how much did it cost you to go there ?

To come here from Korea was about 350bux I believe, but from Canada, I think you can expect to pay around 1500 or so.

EK 2.0
07-31-2005, 08:05 PM
EK parts Leo...EK parts...haha

LUDELVR
08-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
EK parts Leo...EK parts...haha

haha, I`m looking man, I`m looking!! :rofl:

But yah, just got back from Signal Auto and man, it was a pretty sweet experience. All the guys (and girls) were so friendly. They get two thumbsup from me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was a pretty small shop, but they had the main office and waiting area in the middle and the body shop on the left and the tuning shop on the right. They dyno was in front of the main office. Had a couple nice rides, but no done up skylines. They had their 350z with an sr engine ...don`t ask me why, but it was pretty slick. It`ll be done some time next week. They did have 3 done up skylines at their other location about 20 minutes by drive away, but unfortunately the road going there was closed so they were closed. All the guys who worked there were so friendly, even let me help around the shop!:eek: Taught them a few tricks about ghetto tuning.:devil: :rofl: They had some extra parts laying around but they caught me when I tried to sneak it out under my shirt!:thumbsdow oh well! haha :rofl:

But yah, they were super sweet, let me take as many pics around the shop as I wanted, went into the body prep area where they were working on a civic puegot headlight conversion and body kit install. They pulled a wide body supra into the dyno room and they were working on an r32 engine swap as well as a 4 door skyline engine. As I said, they let me have pretty much free reign as I simply walked around snapping pics, poking my head into the engine bays and talking with the techs...as best I could!

Again, I:ll post up pics when I can! haha, I bet you are all sick of me saying that , but I will!:rofl: :thumbsup:

Maxt
08-01-2005, 08:52 AM
All I can think about right now is the soy/pork ramen at Hongo Tei.....:drool: .......

When you go to shops there, you have to watch for the Fucked up business hours, lots of shops are open all weekend long and like 10am-9mp everyday, but closed at wierd times like wednesday/thursday.. Mid week apparently , everyone is to tired to shop, so lots of stores close, I learned that the hard and the expensive way...maxt