PDA

View Full Version : be carefull Mcleod Tr is dangerous

brett_00civic
07-30-2005, 02:03 PM
i was drivin gdown mcleod and they had tose road plates in woth out any signage, i hit it going like 70, it blew my tire and cracke dmy lip on my front rim and bent my rear one, so im currently filling a claim witht he city, hopefully that goes well!!

Godfuader
07-30-2005, 02:13 PM
The city should really put some warning signs for those metal sheets . Last night i almost swerved into an armored truck to avoid those things on Beddington Blvd. My car would have definately been damaged if i hit that thing head on. Dim street lights, no warning, 2am and giant metal plates :thumbsdow

brett_00civic
07-30-2005, 04:32 PM
ya they are brutal, the city better pay for my repairs

lsc2g
07-30-2005, 10:28 PM
yea they are all over right now.. bummer on the damage dude

ps.. don't you love how calgary roads have 2 seasons.. full of rocks/ice/crap and construction... thats all we get.. :nut:

finboy
07-30-2005, 10:30 PM
mcleod south probably won't be paved for another 2 years, just look at mcleod north :thumbsdow

88CRX
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
they were actually repaving it today i think

^SkylinE^
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
yep a section by sudance has fresh pavement!!!!:thumbsup:

Hopefully they keep it rolling tomarrow and get it all done! lol 3 years after they started.

rc2002
07-30-2005, 10:58 PM
I doubt the city'll give you anything. Last time I tried to file a claim, they went and fixed the road the next day and then told me that they had no record of construction ever happening on that section of road.

freakin
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I ripped the exhuast off my Volvo last week on Macloed Trail. The road was graded so a manhole was sticking up. My hanger just caught it and mangled up the back half of my exhaust system. Had to get it all replaced this week. $$ I didn't want to be spending on beater car.

Seanith
07-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
yep a section by sudance has fresh pavement!!!!:thumbsup:

Hopefully they keep it rolling tomarrow and get it all done! lol 3 years after they started.

That shit right by the turnoff to canyon meadows blvd better get done this time around. I remember last fall they started it but were fucking the dog to the point that they had to abandon the work :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
07-31-2005, 02:36 AM
mac trail south is death.....been going like 20 lol

Seanith
07-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
mac trail south is death.....been going like 20 lol

I thought i was the only one :dunno:
Everyone passes me :(

7thgenvic
07-31-2005, 03:02 AM
its getting paved, july 30,31, and aug 1st

saw the signs today, but ya that suckx about the car, i would claim it

n1zm0
07-31-2005, 12:15 PM
yeh, i saw a guy in his yellow Boxtser fly thru one on Glenmore near Costco, then AFTER he goes over the plates he slows down :dunno:

schurchill39
07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Man those things are harsh. Around here they dont even bother with them, they just leave big fucking trenches and dotn have signs until people complain then they have a sign RIGHT beside the trenches that you think are for something ahead... they arnt. The city is a bastard no matter which one it is.

brett_00civic
07-31-2005, 04:29 PM
IF the city doesnt pay for my shit, ill be pissed.... i toke pictures and everythjing so if they gove me something like road construction never happened there, ill freak...but ya im driving like 20 there as well, u get alot of weird looks, but hwatev... ps, thats brutal about your exgaust man

caddywanker
08-04-2005, 02:29 PM
The city wont pay for shit! Guaranteed, so don't get your hopes up. I hit my 98' CL in a pothole about a 3 foot circle and over a foot and a half deep in canyon meadows when I was 16. I had pictures, measured the hole (i hit it at about 60 km/h at midnight). They denied my claim and said that "road crews had already been notified and were dispatched to put up warning signs just after 11pm that night!!! Bull Shit! That hole nearly ripped my wheel off my car, caught my front shrouding, my cost was over $3000!! And I aint seen no fucking potthole grow that big over night. Good luck though, baybe their attitudes have changed in 5 years?!?!?:dunno:

civic_stylez
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
theres a manhole that sticks up on the off ramp from mac north to canyon meadows that resembles a ski jump... i cant believe our hard earned tax dollars go to pay for this shitty ass craftsmanship.....:thumbsdow

Seanith
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
theres a manhole that sticks up on the off ramp from mac north to canyon meadows that resembles a ski jump... i cant believe our hard earned tax dollars go to pay for this shitty ass craftsmanship.....:thumbsdow

I used to have to avoid that shit on the left everytime. I believe that section of road has been paved over so its not as bad anymore :)

TheBenzo
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Lets go knuckle some city workers? Ive almost ate shit on some unmarked road hazards on my bike.. also isnt easy on the fork seals and kidneys..