PDA

View Full Version : iPod Photo Auction - NEED HELP

koopkoop2
07-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know how strictly enforced the "We can only sell to U of C or SAIT Student" policy is at the U Micro Store? I want to buy an iPod mini, but I'm not a student.

Are there any students here who would be able to make the purchase for me, if the policy is enforced?

Weapon_R
07-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Order from www.apple.ca and get it for cheaper and faster than the microstore.

Use your student ID (or any combination of 6-7 numbers haha) to get your discount.

koopkoop2
07-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Is it true that Minis don't even come with the cables to charge the battery and they can only be charged through a PC? What's the cheapest adapter available? My super quick hunt showed $50.

If this is the case, then I may as well just buy the 20GB.

AcuraTl
08-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
Is it true that Minis don't even come with the cables to charge the battery and they can only be charged through a PC? What's the cheapest adapter available? My super quick hunt showed $50.

If this is the case, then I may as well just buy the 20GB.

i think the new ipod photos only come with a USB charger too haha, im sure you can find one on ebay for around 20 dollars..

Weapon_R
08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Yes, the minis are charged with your PC.

toyboy88
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Order from www.apple.ca and get it for cheaper and faster than the microstore.

Use your student ID (or any combination of 6-7 numbers haha) to get your discount.

and u can also get in personalized (laser etched for free)...and i just got mine a week ago and make sure u don't pay for the extra express shipping, the free ground shipping from apple.ca i got it in 3 business days, not the 8-12 business days they advertise :thumbsup:

AcuraTl
08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

and u can also get in personalized (laser etched for free)...and i just got mine a week ago and make sure u don't pay for the extra express shipping, the free ground shipping from apple.ca i got it in 3 business days, not the 8-12 business days they advertise :thumbsup:

haha mines comming soon :p

koopkoop2
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yes, the minis are charged with your PC.

That's gotta be the sleaziest way to lower the price of your product. Something as essential as a $2 wall charger should be included. Yet, they slap on curved white plastic and rape you for $50.