PDA

View Full Version : PROSTART install help

?????
07-31-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm helping my uncle install a Prostart remote starter with door locks he purchased from Canadian Tire.
He previously had a remote starter but this one has the door locks so you can say hes upgrading. This is for a 1988 Caravan by the way.

Everything was simple just rechecking the old wires to make sure they were the right ones so i have everything hooked up.
The problem is that i can't program the remote to the unit. I can get it into the programming mode by flashing the hoodpin but after that it tells me to turn on the ignition to run and turn it off, and then hold the lock button on the remote for 5 seconds. This should cause the parking lights to flash 5 times.
Thats what it doesn't do. I've tried it many combinations and I still can't get it to program.

Maybe one of you guys have had previous experience with this situation and can help me out. Thanks.

futurecivic
07-31-2005, 06:22 PM
do you have the park lights hooked up?
is it grounded good?
if yes to all above close the hood get access to the brain of the starter and right by the led in the brain there is a little black button you can use that instead of the hood pin push it in than release and push in once more and release then turn key on then off push lock on remote till lights flash
then you need to push that little black button in again and release and push in and release then step on the brake and push lock and unlock together till lights flash then start the van wait a few seconds then hit the brake again till lights flash that will program the remote and tach
also is you antenna plugged in if not the remote wont program
hope this helps and anyother questions feel free to ask
Barry

?????
07-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks futurecivic but i found the problem after searching pretty hard.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=23858&KW=program+remote+ct%2D3300

The antenna is faulty. I uncle got 2 units so i took it from the other one and it works now.
Now i have to get him to find the receipt to get a new one.