PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened today

CryoCarnage
07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
So im out helping one of my friends with his new Computer MFG. Company so im helping him by being a driver for him at nights for free. So today night, i am going down a road with one lane that is going to be two but it is undeconstruction. So this dodge ram 1500 is speeding like mad and tries to go on the right pass but then he realises and slows down. So i go to the light. So then the light turns green and im going along the road. i notice that he is tailgating me. We keep on going and then theres this little cat that runs along the road. I instantely brake and the cat runs off then bam the guy hits me. the van is a mess but it's not like it will be missed (its one of those old vans that is pure white, like the construction ones, good thing the deliveres were done too) i walk out normally because i can take a hit (a couple months ago i was ridin in the back seat of a venture when it got hit at like 100 km/h on the highway)this 19 year old guy comes out of his car.. then the guy starts yelling at me... I was like wtf? then i explain to him wyhat heppened and the guy was like bullshit. so then i explained to him that it was his fault for tailgating me in the first place and i obviousl didnt want to hit this little cat. So then he was like "let's see what the cops have to say" He calls the cops and then when they come, he told them i brake checked him. Then the cop goes over to me and asks me what happened. and i told him. he was like man that guys a dumbass. Then they give him a bumnch of tickets. 1 for tailgating, 1 for recless driving and the wole insurance thing that the cops took catre of. So in the end, we are gonna get 5000 bucks for the cheap van(yay!) and 1 more driver on the road is gonan think tewice about being a dumbass on the road.

david_bmx
07-31-2005, 09:13 PM
5000$$ sweet

88CRX
07-31-2005, 09:54 PM
so was there actually a cat ;)

not that it really matters, tailgaters piss me off :thumbsdow

Seanith
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Thats sweet. Justice served up hot and spicy!

A790
08-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Niiiiiiice.

Way to keep your cool too ;)

lastprodigy
08-01-2005, 10:09 AM
you can slam on your brakes in the middle of deerfoot and still be the rear enders fault, cat or no cat...

CryoCarnage
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
yeah there was a cat. Or a racoon. Were thinking of puting down a down payment on a 2000 Sienna LE for the company :D

frostyda9
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
hehe...there always seems to be a cat just when someone is tailgating you ;) Check out this pic from yesterday, Kens car getting tailgated by some dick in a van (at around 110KM/H)
People are stupid, but at least it worked out for you Cryo

http://cakonos.image.pbase.com/image/47020303/original.jpg

NickGT
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Was it a newer black 1500 Ram? I had one rip past me on the shoulder this morning, then the shoulder narrowed and he smoked the curb and went flying infront of me. Total lunatic. :nut:

/////AMG
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
^^ What a fucker!!

$5000, cha ching!!

CryoCarnage
08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
Was it a newer black 1500 Ram? I had one rip past me on the shoulder this morning, then the shoulder narrowed and he smoked the curb and went flying infront of me. Total lunatic. :nut:
heh i live in Ontario, and it was red. But then again i didnt point that out :P

Nissanaddict
08-01-2005, 09:11 PM
At first I thought by road you meant 22x...then I looked at location, and thought "ohhh ok, that's why he didn't mention where it was" but yeah. Good job. I hate tailgaters.

mx73someday
08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9
hehe...there always seems to be a cat just when someone is tailgating you ;) Check out this pic from yesterday, Kens car getting tailgated by some dick in a van (at around 110KM/H)
People are stupid, but at least it worked out for you Cryo

http://cakonos.image.pbase.com/image/47020303/original.jpg

You can't really see what's in front of your friend's car or beside it, but if you're in the left lane like that and someone comes up behind you, you should let them pass. I'd be pissed too if he was hogging the fast lane. "Slower vehicles keep right".

frostyda9
08-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Agreed :thumbsup: But look at the pic man, he's like 10 feet off the bumper, if that. If it were me, I would have brake checked...just a little ;)

TheBenzo
08-02-2005, 12:26 AM
:hijack:

IncredibleToad
08-03-2005, 01:48 AM
if u get rear ended its their fault, never heard of a case where the rear-endee is at fault, always the rear-ender..unless u put it into reverse and back into him, then thats a harder case to argue...:rofl:

TKRIS
08-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by mx73someday

You can't really see what's in front of your friend's car or beside it, but if you're in the left lane like that and someone comes up behind you, you should let them pass. I'd be pissed too if he was hogging the fast lane. "Slower vehicles keep right".

I agree. Unless there's a car just out of the frame that's in the right hand lane, then you're buddy needs to get the fuck out of the fast lane. One thing worse than tailgaters is people who don't get the fuck out of the way when they should.

88CRX
08-03-2005, 08:27 AM
i was in the silver teg and we had just passed the white da teg and we were going 130ish. the white teg was doing 110ish maybe.

i think after ken saw him tailing him he slowed down and made him change lanes since he was being a prick :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
brake check those damn tailgaters.......yeah its hard to tell the whole situation just by that shot

88CRX
08-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
yeah its hard to tell the whole situation just by that shot

read lol.

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

read lol.

i did, hence my comment...i only said that because you said its not like what it looks like....i was agreeing with you :nut:

bundi
08-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Hows your... ungh..... neck.... ohhhhhh.....

88CRX
08-03-2005, 12:13 PM

i did, hence my comment...i only said that because you said its not like what it looks like....i was agreeing with you :nut:

ohhhhhhhh ;)

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 12:27 PM

ohhhhhhhh ;)

:) ps nice car see it alll the time !

88CRX
08-03-2005, 12:38 PM

:) ps nice car see it alll the time !

thanks, what do you drive?:hijack: :D

dmtx
08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
This reminds me of my wife accident a month ago. She was rearended and at the scened, the guy said it was his fault and signed a note regarding that. He took the witness's information and my wife didn't bother. When we were claiming, he said, my wife was changing lane and suddenly stopped. And that my 100pound wife make him sign a blank note... it was really stupid! But my insurance was buying it.

My insurance was settling for 50-50 but we didn't. We called a goverment's office in edmontong handling cases like this. They called our insurance company (who was sooooo weak to defend us) and the other guys insurance. This office make sure that it will go to arbitration. during pre-arbitration, the other parties determined they will just lost and will end up paying more for arbtiration... just assumed claimed. It all ended up favorable to us but it was a lot of stress for more than a month. My wife and I had to stand by where the scene happened to see of we could see the witness who could help the case. The goverment's office in edmonton definitely helped a lot.

This just gives us a lesson that make sure you get your witness when accidents happen.... and if possible, have the cops check the scene.

TKRIS
08-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Brake checks are all well and good, if you're not doing something wrong.

Example: If someone is in the fast lane, for no other reason than being an ignorant asshole (and no, I'm not implying that buddy in the pictures was doing that, just illustrating a point) you'd better fucking think twice about brake checking me. If you're doing something stupid enough for me to tailgate you, you'd better believe I'm way too close for you to teach me a lesson by brake checking. If all you can see out of the rear view mirrors of your civic are two large mud-terrains, you'd best get the fuck out of the way.
I drive very aggressively. Unsafely aggressively sometimes. I have a bad temper, and I don't tolorate a lot of fucking about. If you're driving like an asshole, and you won't get out of the way, I simply present you with 2 options:
Let me go past you, or I will have to drive over you.

I should be in some sort of a support group somewhere...

Kris

88CRX
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

Example: If someone is in the fast lane, for no other reason than being an ignorant asshole (and no, I'm not implying that buddy in the pictures was doing that, just illustrating a point) you'd better fucking think twice about brake checking me. If you're doing something stupid enough for me to tailgate you, you'd better believe I'm way too close for you to teach me a lesson by brake checking. If all you can see out of the rear view mirrors of your civic are two large mud-terrains, you'd best get the fuck out of the way.
I drive very aggressively. Unsafely aggressively sometimes. I have a bad temper, and I don't tolorate a lot of fucking about. If you're driving like an asshole, and you won't get out of the way, I simply present you with 2 options:

Kris

you shouldnt be driving.

i HATE cocky drivers like you.....

"look at me.... i drive a giant SUV, i own the road, now get outta my way"

Moonracer
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Let's not forget, the left lane is not a "fast lane" it is a passing lane. It's not a lane for you to speed in and have everybody get the hell out of your way. If you want to speed that's your problem. You can go around or sit back and STFU! If I want to speed and someone is in my way doing the speed limit I may not like it either but that's my problem not theirs. :D

TKRIS
08-03-2005, 01:20 PM
First, I drive to work and back. Rarely anywhere else. So rest easy there tiger. Add to that the fact that I live in Red Deer, and I'm pretty sure it's safe for you to unbunch your panties.

I drive the speed limit. I come to a complete stop at stop signs. I always signal. I always yield to right-of-way. I turn into a dick when you're doing something stupid enough to warrant it. I turn into a dick in order to get your attention away from your goddamned cell phone long enough to pay attention to what you're doing. Is it the best way? No, probably not. But I get results. I drove the exact same way when I had my car too BTW, so it's not a penile compensation thing with the big truck.lol

Want to meader around, thinking about 1000 different things (none of which being the road you're driving down) gab on your cell, or joke around with you buddies? Fine. But don't do it in my way. I've got shit to do, I'm paying attention to what I'm doing. I expect you to do the same. If you're not, then I'm going to do what I need to do to get past you before some speed junkie, that's less attentive than I, comes along and the two of you morons cause a pile up.

Some tailgaters are just moron tailgaters (my sister comes to mind :rolleyes: ) but some are guys like me (arguably still a moron, but a more righteous one ;) ). So next time you're being tailed, instead of immediatly getting pissed off and turning into a dick, think about how your driving, and what reason the other guy might have for tailgating (not that there is a good reason). The best way to deal with either type of tailgater is to get out of the way ASAP. That's what I always do.

Cheers

theken
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
what i find funny about the whole get out of the fast lane thing, we are in the city, not the highway there is no slow lane or fast lane in the city, not anywhere on deerfoot in the city limits do i see a sign that says slower traffic keep left, if u can find that sign take a pic and show me.

i hate it too but its not like they are doing anything wrong, i do like 120-130 on deerfoot if someone wants to pass me they can go around

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM

thanks, what do you drive?:hijack: :D

silver ek coupe...could be booting around in the winter car or parents car too lol

NickGT
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage

heh i live in Ontario, and it was red. But then again i didnt point that out :P

:banghead:

My bad haha :D

forkdork
08-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Let's not forget, the left lane is not a "fast lane" it is a passing lane. It's not a lane for you to speed in and have everybody get the hell out of your way. If you want to speed that's your problem. You can go around or sit back and STFU! If I want to speed and someone is in my way doing the speed limit I may not like it either but that's my problem not theirs. :D

Yes it is a fast lane..... Slower Vehicles Keep Right. If I am going faster than you in the left lane, change your lane. :rolleyes:

Vagabond142
08-03-2005, 11:19 PM
This is what the little "headlight flash" option on japanese cars is for. Flash your brights to signal the person ahead that you are coming in at ~warp 5 and they need to move their asses out of the way as safely as possible. I personally have a problem with the people on deerfoot that will fight hard, tooth and nail, to get to the left lane...... then go 20 below the limit :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Usually big trucks, grannies in their bel-aires, or idiot kids that are like "rofl look at me I cool I drive slow"

(I know that the american cars are catching up with the headlight flash thingy (pull the signal stalk towards you to flash the highbeams), but most if not all japanese and european cars automatically have had it since around the stone age)

CalgarySupra
08-03-2005, 11:57 PM

Kris

wow. theres a lot of you. what do you do when you encounter another one like you? i could of guessed you had a dodge truck if you didnt even enter that value.

theken
08-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by forkdork

Yes it is a fast lane..... Slower Vehicles Keep Right. If I am going faster than you in the left lane, change your lane. :rolleyes:
on the highway yes in the city no, so when u are downtown and wanna drive 140 everybody should move out of your way just cause they are in the left lane, show me signs ANYWHERE in the city

Moonracer
08-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by forkdork

No it is not! Slower traffic keep right yes as in "slower than the speed limit". If the limit is 110kph on the highway then that means it is 110kph in the left lane as well. If we are talking about deerfoot and I am driving 100kph in the left lane then I don't have to get out of your way if you are going 120kph. And any cars not doing 100k should keep right. :rolleyes:

YamaLube
08-04-2005, 07:37 AM
..............big truck............

Jeep TJ = Big Truck...........:rofl: :rofl:

YamaLube
08-04-2005, 07:49 AM

No it is not! Slower traffic keep right yes as in "slower than the speed limit". If the limit is 110kph on the highway then that means it is 110kph in the left lane as well. If we are talking about deerfoot and I am driving 100kph in the left lane then I don't have to get out of your way if you are going 120kph. And any cars not doing 100k should keep right. :rolleyes:

Screw all that, treat the left lane as a passing lane and all will work out. Even if I am going 130 on the highway, I will go into the left, pass and get back into the right lane, even if I know that in two minutes I will have to hit the left lane again to pass another sunday driver. Who is more dangerous, the tailgater, or the driver who, by refusing to yield, causes drivers behind them to become angry and, consequently, make erratic decisions?

Both drivers are at fault, the tailgater for not allowing an appropriate distance between the vehicles, and the tailgatee for being a highway speed monitor.

TKRIS
08-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by YamaLube

Jeep TJ = Big Truck...........:rofl: :rofl:

Haha.
First off, you drive a Pilot. All your SUV mocking priviledges are revoked.

Second: I never said stock TJ (5" lift, 33" M/T's)

But, you're probably right. It's by no means the biggest vehicle on the road. And I'm always (mistakenly) refering to it as a truck out of habit. :thumbsup:

Do you want to try to follow me with your Honda Pilot?

Also, FWIW: I couldn't agree with your last post more.

YamaLube
08-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Have I ever said anything about my Pilot, its a car man to haul my kid + kid accessories around, its based off the oddysey, which is based off the accord, I have no dilusions of it being a SUV. I just found it comical to call a TJ a big truck, lift or no lift.

MrPid
08-04-2005, 08:11 AM

Kris

No...not a support group. You should either be behind bars, have your keys taken away by mommy and daddy until you're old enough to drive, or in an anger management course at the least. Your the road rage poster child!

That aside, you'll change your tune eventually though. As soon as something bigger than you brake checks you and you smack them because you're too close and didn't react

Ever seen guys in front end accidents in TJ's. You should check it out sometime...not pretty.

And for the individuals that think brake checks are a good idea - think again. You're assuming that buddy behind you is actually paying attention to you. If he's not, you're gettin' slammed into. Let's see, two fucked up cars, at least two individuals that are likely to get fucked up (not including passengers), a ticket for one at least (and maybe the other for dangerous driving - yes they can charge). And for what? Trying to teach somebody a lesson that they likely won't learn from you anyways or sending them the message you don't like how they drive? That's a pretty stupid price to pay for it. And then think about how good you'd feel if they were tailing for a legit reason (like trying to get somebody to the hospital) and you fucked it up. Or how about if it was a car that was jacked - do you think they give a shit about rubbing bumpers with you?

Best policy is like somebody else said earlier - get out of the way when you can...even if they are fuckin' assholes.

dericer
08-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Werd,

My parents were rear-ended about 30 years ago and they still have back problems from it.

Granted it was a semi and they were in a 70's Duster, but I'd say its comparable to a civic vs. Dodge Ram.

And what the hell is it with Dodge Ram drivers? Yeah there's a lot of dumb ass truck/SUV drivers but most of them are Dodges?

Just my oservation anyways.

nismodrifter
08-04-2005, 11:10 AM

If I am going 130 and you are going 110 you are going slower than me. Slower traffic keep right, so change your lane. Yeah this is highway only. So Moonracer, you stay in the left lane when you drive on the highway while going the speed limit? :rolleyes:

MrPid
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

If I am going 130 and you are going 110 you are going slower than me. Slower traffic keep right, so change your lane. Yeah this is highway only. So Moonracer, you stay in the left lane when you drive on the highway while going the speed limit? :rolleyes:

I guess there's the law, and then there's etiquette.

Miss manners would say don't drive like a Dick!:)

nismodrifter
08-04-2005, 11:45 AM
^:werd:

MrPid
08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
^ It's a nice way to say you're both right :)

Moonracer
08-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

No on the highway if someone is going faster than me in the left lane I'll get back in the right lane and let him/her go speeding off. I try to stay there as much as possible anyway. In the city ya they can go around, I'm not making a bunch of unnecessary lane changes for everyone who wants to speed nor do I have to. But generally I'm not usually going slow, although I do have to keep a clean driving record for I do drive a limo. :D :rolleyes:

ps. you should know how I drive nismo, we drove together on the last beyond cruise. ;)

NickGT
08-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I know that the american cars are catching up with the headlight flash thingy (pull the signal stalk towards you to flash the highbeams), but most if not all japanese and european cars automatically have had it since around the stone age)

My old mustang which was older than your civic had the same capability. What you speak of is nothing new to anyone.

Bimmer318i
08-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Moonracer, I completely agree with you, ettiquete is one thing, the law is another, if the person in the "fast lane" is doing the speed limit you have *no* reason to be pissed off, they are doing the limit, at that point, it's ettiqutte and common sense that come into play in hoping the individual moves over. As for the person causing you to tailgate them, and yourself subsequently being pissed off, take a class as many have suggested. YOU, and only you control your emotions. The laws also differ from province to province as to passing in the right lane (as was explained to me by a former police officer but i'd have to do some more research)

and no, I don't drive in the left lane much at all even if I am speeding, and I also don't get pissed off to the point of driving stupid when someone doesn't move out of the way, If i'm late it's MY fault, so I will suffer the consequences of my actions, and trust me, I'll late far too often.

As an edit to my post, passing someone on single lane where there is opportunity to pass also does not give you the right to speed while passing, you take the risk of receiving a fine just like any other time, the speed limit is in place (whether it's truly reasonable or not) whether we like it or not.

fingirl
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I drive a minivan, and am always the one getting hit. Actually, i was the one that was rear ended by a younger man with beyond stickers on his car.. that's how i found this forum! He has a red Acura Integra. Ha, the only reason i know this, is from reading the acciden't report...

I, along with others think, that i drive well and smoothly, people never honk at me, nor do i try to squeeze my vehicle into tight stalls just to be closer to the entrance doors.

PS: my signature is just a fun joke.

JAYMEZ
08-10-2005, 02:38 AM
^^ Just a question Fingirl , any reason you joined Beyond.ca ? Or did you want to know something about the young guy who drove the red integra?

YamaLube
08-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Well she posts seven times a day, must be some interesting topics about caravans on this site???? But by the looks of her useless post in here, maybe she's on the prowl.

Phy
08-10-2005, 08:49 AM
^Which makes Fonzie even funnier than usual.

JAYMEZ
08-10-2005, 09:26 AM
^^ LOL

Yah something is up with her joining after being accidently hit by a beyonder.

fingirl
08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I just want to be friends with you guys :(

MrPid
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
^ Maybe it's the Dar picture...:rofl:

fingirl
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by MrPid
^ Maybe it's the Dar picture...:rofl:

Stu, that's not me. Mrs. Heatherington is just someone I look up to, an idol I guess you can say. She's far better looking than me too.

MrPid
08-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by fingirl

Stu, that's not me. Mrs. Heatherington is just someone I look up to, an idol I guess you can say. She's far better looking than me too.

Strange choice of an idol...

JAYMEZ
08-10-2005, 11:09 AM
^^ Terrible choice of an Idol , what a scam artist.

fingirl
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Why do you find it strange? The media made her out to be crazy, she's actually a very down-to-earth person, I've met her. I feel that she represents what a real woman is, strong, secure, attractive, and most of all honest.

MrPid
08-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Why do you find it strange? The media made her out to be crazy, she's actually a very down-to-earth person, I've met her. I feel that she represents what a real woman is, strong, secure, attractive, and most of all honest.

The facts are that Dar Heatherington was tried and convicted. She was further penalized for violating her parole. Her request for legal aid was denied unanimously because they felt her appeal had no merit. What about idolizing this person isn't strange?

Of all the women to idolize in this world, Dar would probably be pretty low on the totem pole. Not as low as Karla Homolka mind you, but definitely not first when you tell the kiddies to look up to somebody.

USED
08-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I thought this thread was about a rear ending :dunno: :hijack:

Moonracer
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
:rofl: **grabs popcorn**

YamaLube
08-10-2005, 12:24 PM

I apologize, this thread is way off topic, and I am partially to blame, but what is going through your head?

This woman makes up a stalking by writing herself letters, goes a-wol to vegas with another man, then if that is not enough she has dragged herself and husband into bankrupcy trying to stay a ruling of 20 months?

So now she has discraced herself, resigned her seat, brought her household into bankrupcy etc etc etc, and she is your idol? She is weak, insecure, unattractive, and dishonest, time to look for another idol.

MrPid
08-10-2005, 12:28 PM
^That's another way of putting it... :rofl:

Seanith
08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
lmao at the owning.. that has to be a fake account.. just look at the name too :nut:

85regal
08-10-2005, 06:13 PM
hahaha..i'm one of the assholes up your ass when you doing the speed limit in the left lane...yes it is for passing, so pass and get the fuck over...and for you assholes tapping your brakes...just pisses me off more....GET THE FUCK OVER!!!

Supa Dexta
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
what say you on:

if your already doing say 120-130.. you have your cruise set and are in the fast lane passing some others, a couple here and can see theres some more, just a bit up ahead and are going to be overtaking them in a minute or so.. So then someone comes up on you and gets right on your ass, I've always felt they can wait a fuckin minute until i'm past these next few, I have no plans on staying in that lane forever, I just want to get by those next few instead of getting in and having to slow down, then get back out and resume the cruise.. etc.. If I'm already speeding I see no need of getting right out of the way for some dick that gets right on my ass...

:dunno:

85regal
08-10-2005, 06:19 PM
so what if there cruise is on too just faster then you....then they have to slow down instead of you....

Seanith
08-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 85regal
so what if there cruise is on too just faster then you....then they have to slow down instead of you....

Fuck that.. i've been in that same situation where i'm passing someone on the highway going like 120 or 130, and some dink comes behind you going 150 or some shit. If i was going to switch lanes i'd have to slow down to like 100 and be behind someone and then move back over.. you can wait.

85regal
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
so can you...SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

DannyO
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Well as far as I'm aware if your on a 3 lane highway the inside lane is the fast/passing lane (but not pass as in breaking the speedlimit), the middle lane is for people doing the speedlimit or maybe 10 under it, and then the outside lane is for cars that want to drive under the limit, or maybe your in a slow car or are towing something, but to have to have the roads treated in this way is a dream, as most of us break them all the time including myself.

Hey Fingirl I drive a Red Integra and I rear ended some woman in a minivan not long ago, I think it was you, whats up?, what you wanna talk about?

Supa Dexta
08-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 85regal
so can you...SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

I don't know if I agree.. thats like,

if I was robbing a store with a knife, then you come in with a gun and rob me... it just shouldn't be..

:rofl:

ricefarmer
08-10-2005, 07:04 PM
This thread has beautifully illustrated the reason why we have so many unnecessary highway/traffic accidents in this province.
If everyone approached highway travel with the attitude of Moonracer then we'd all get along a lot better

MrPid
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
lmao at the owning.. that has to be a fake account.. just look at the name too :nut:

lmao too - damned funny!

That's the conclusion I drew after I saw other posts from her saying somebody's ride matched her lipstick and looking for body kits for her minivan.

maybe finboy's prankin' us...

MrPid
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by YamaLube

Both drivers are at fault, the tailgater for not allowing an appropriate distance between the vehicles, and the tailgatee for being a highway speed monitor.

Definitely NOT how your insurance company nor the cops will see things...

86max
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

Fuck that.. i've been in that same situation where i'm passing someone on the highway going like 120 or 130, and some dink comes behind you going 150 or some shit. If i was going to switch lanes i'd have to slow down to like 100 and be behind someone and then move back over.. you can wait.

lol, that would probably be me on the way to BC. Why couldn't you move over for a second to let someone pass you if they're going faster? People that do that clog up all the passing lanes usually only doing 10kph more than the other lane, so by the time the lanes merge into one again, you've only passed one car.

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT....doesn't matter how fast they're going....unless of course the other lane is totally packed and you can't move in, then it would be acceptable to stay in their way and continue at what you think is a reasonable pace.

:)

DannyO
08-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by MrPid

Definitely NOT how your insurance company nor the cops will see things...

:werd:

No shit I worked for an insurance company, they don't care who is older who more mature, they have a set way of doing things, you could have a long hair young hippy driving a VW shagwagon who gets rear ended by a middle aged successful business man, insurance doesn't care, by there way of doing things, the business man would be at fault and the hippy would get off free.