PDA

View Full Version : Going to Radium, anything to do there?

DeathBy240
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
I'll be there for a few days with the GF. Anything I shouldnt miss? Good places to go for a romantic supper/date?

Foz
08-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Radium Hot Springs..

go check out Marble Canyon. Easy hike/walk trail but beautiful water falls and scenery.

Check out Fairmont Hot Springs or Golf course.

R-Audi
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
There are quite a few good restaurnts in Invermere...

-Black Forest : German type Cusine, little pricey, but one of the best in town

-Portabello's: Decently priced, small; fairly 'romatic' great food

-Strands: Quite expensive, very romantic, good food...

As for other things to do... there is golf, hot springs (Radium pools) , the beach in Invermere, hiking, natural hot springs,

If you really want, at the end of mainstreet (highway) in Radium, there is a visitor info center on the right hand side (coming from calgary) and they have tons of brochures and I am sure they can give you ideas..

civic_stylez
08-02-2005, 10:17 AM
white water rafting is pretty good there as well, but i find the best thing about radium is just wandering around. youll find some cool shit that way...doing nothing is also pretty nice as it is guaranteed that it is going to be hot as hell there..

urbannomad
08-02-2005, 10:40 AM
a hell of a lot of golf courses! that's all i did there. try the par 3:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
08-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I was out at Fairmont two weeks ago.

That whole area is so good just to kick back and relax. There's not a heck of a lot to do other than relax and unwind. A few suggestions I would have include renting jetski's and going on the Columbia River, checking out the hot springs pools, Graywolf Golf Course is out there but its $100.00 or more for a round.

Another thing, there's a natural pond called Lake Olive or something Olive about 2 minutes before you go into Radium. Go swimming there it's so sweet!:thumbsup: