PDA

View Full Version : racing games

Hipermax_d
01-28-2003, 07:59 PM
horray initial d special stage is coming on ps2 in march 27. cant wait

also tokyo extreme racer finally has manufactuerer names like nissan, honda etc. i was getting sick of all their fake badges and stuff
the new games seems pretty cool, you get to do custom graphics like flame paint job

http://www.genki.co.jp/games/sb01/index.html

two games i want to buy in 2003

ninjak84
01-28-2003, 08:02 PM
"Hello, Electronics Boutique? I'd like to pre-order a couple things.... "

RickDaTuner
01-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
"Hello, Electronics Boutique? I'd like to pre-order a couple things.... " "hello future shop, i was wondering if you would like to donate some PS2's.."

buh_buh
01-28-2003, 08:13 PM
I posted this like 2 months ago!

Zephyr
01-28-2003, 08:44 PM
do u have hard evidence that its comming to north america... all this is in japanese sites, that doens't mean it will come here i hope u all know that

Dope Dealer
01-28-2003, 09:27 PM
I doubt it will see the light of day in North America (Initial D).

If you have a chip though, no worries. Can play JAP, PAL and NTSC Games.

Dope Dealer
01-28-2003, 09:30 PM
BTW, digged this up:

Sega of Japan has released new screenshots from Initial D Special Stage, which is currently in development for the PlayStation 2. Based on the comics and animated films of the same name, Initial D Special Stage's main feature is a story mode in which players will have to compete missions set in several different areas. In addition, the game will have a mode that lets players race for points that they can then use to upgrade their cars.

Initial D Special Stage is scheduled for release in Japan on March 27.

Hipermax_d
01-29-2003, 05:58 PM
im pretty sure the tokyo extreme will come out for US
i also think initial d might come out. considering the arcade has actually made it to our shore. if sega found out how much money the arcade makes in like a day, i think they will release a US version for the ps2 considering its becoming very popular here

Zephyr
01-29-2003, 06:09 PM
yea very popular among asians..... they look at american market first then they decide the rest..... one of my uncle's friends works for sony in the gaming department over seas.... if it doesn't stretch beyond just asians in america, then it wont come...

bart
01-30-2003, 12:57 AM
initial D is the gayest racing game ever. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
played it at the U of C, arghhhhhh, what a waste of $2.

you want a real racing game, go get colin mcrae rally 2 or 3.

btw: the game i used to play at arcades when i was a kid was 'ridge racer 2' i think it was, awesome soundtrack too. iD only has like 1 song, that i heard so far 50 times, lmfao

bol
01-30-2003, 01:00 AM
what was that one game, mission something, where it was a top down racer, and you had to avoid oil slicks that trucks would leave, and spikes and stuff

and when you crashed your new car came out of the back of a truck while it was moving

that game was pimp
heh

ninjak84
01-30-2003, 01:30 AM
I have Shutokou Battle 01 (Tokyo Extreme Racer sequel) on pre-order, and it's for sure coming out in North America. Initial D is a different story. They said they aren't taking pre-orders yet, so...

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-30-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by bol
what was that one game, mission something, where it was a top down racer, and you had to avoid oil slicks that trucks would leave, and spikes and stuff

and when you crashed your new car came out of the back of a truck while it was moving

that game was pimp
heh
SpyHunter was :bigpimp:

bol
01-30-2003, 10:18 AM
yea! spyhunter!

that game friggin rocked

kevie88
01-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Bol, Have you got your M.A.M.E.32 yet? It's an arcade emulator (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator), you can get all those old cool 80's games for it off of Kazza or another file swapping service.

http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32/

I was playing Spy Hunter last night!

On another note, I'm pissed that good games don't come out for the PC anymore. PC's have about a billion times more power than any PS2 these days.. Where are the good PC games??

<-- bitter Kevie88 :bullshit:

bol
01-30-2003, 10:57 AM
I dunno, a lot of titles come out for both PC and PS/2, while a lot of PS/2 only titles really suck ass.

I find that a lot of the titles that are PC and PS/2, are a lot better on the PC.

I mean medal of honor: allied assault is great on the PC, pretty shitty on the PS/2 due to a lack of good controllers.

Hipermax_d
01-30-2003, 01:14 PM
my very first racing game i played was top gear 2
that game was so cool back then. you get to use your naaawz button like 3 or 5 times.

after that i loved almost all racing games

Ben
01-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
my very first racing game i played was top gear 2
that game was so cool back then. you get to use your naaawz button like 3 or 5 times.

after that i loved almost all racing games

TOP GEAR 2 FOR SNES!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Man that game OWNED!

I loved going through the different countries.

and upgrading motors and shit.

ah man, I'm gonna go home and play that.:clap:

l/l/rX
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
mmm...i went to china town and asked this guy inside one of those stores by treasures of china, he said that Initial D is comming out in March for ps2 but JAPAN version only. That means everything is going to be in Japanese, and you need an updated mod chip to play the game, which will cost you 170/w installation from there or 60 and install your self. You can get a pre-order on that game or wait till December and get the N.A. version.

btw..i head the first one REALLY sucked ass

D'z Nutz
01-31-2003, 12:37 AM
What do you guys know about racing games?? RAD RACER!!!

http://www.tomheroes.com/images/rad_racer.JPG

lammer
01-31-2003, 01:00 AM
man we should have like a big beyond day to play games.
everyone bring out their systems and games, that would be sweet.

i remeber back in gr9 lunch times my math teacher would allow students to bring in gran turismo 2 memory cards to school and race him, if you beat him he gives you a little boost in your mark.
he was pretty hard to beat haha.
and then after that, during class times, the top students with higher than 90% would be allowed to play gran turismo, it was sweet.

ninjak84
01-31-2003, 02:20 AM
^^

Good idea man, I'm definitely in.
Games I play/can bring are : Tokyo Extreme Racer, Gran Turismo 1&2, MvC2.
Those are the only ones I can really play against other people....

Mikko
01-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bol

that game was pimp
heh

I remember that! Shit.. what was it. I can't remember anything really except the top down perspective and the trucks and slicks. I think I had it on my C64 or Amiga 500.

4wheeldrift
01-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Benny

TOP GEAR 2 FOR SNES!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Man that game OWNED!

I loved going through the different countries.

and upgrading motors and shit.

ah man, I'm gonna go home and play that.:clap: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! Time to fire up zSNES :D

Hipermax_d
01-31-2003, 11:48 PM
ill bring my GT3, shoutoku battle zero, automodelista and GTconcept