PDA

View Full Version : Help: Turbo Timer troubles!!

topher91
08-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey all,

Just recently I have had trouble with my turbo timer. Its a Blitz Turbo timer, older model not sure if the model really matters but: for some reason it doesn't work sometimes? Sometimes, after I turn the key to the off position, it will stay on and allow the car to run for the 1-2 min I time it for. And then other times it will count just one second then shutoff??

What would cause this?? Loose wire?? What wire controls how long the timer stays on?? Isn't it programmed in the timer?? Could it be broken now??

Thanks for the help!

Chris

EK 2.0
08-01-2005, 12:37 AM
whats your turn off sequence??

most timers depending on install need the car shut off with the door closed...if the door is open is will shut right off...at least the older ones I have dealt with. Newer ones are not like this...

Do an quick expiriement. Play around, remember what your turn off sequence was.

ie. pull brake, turn and remove key, then open door and leave.

if that works try it out a couple of times, and see if its consistent. It's harder to diagnose things when they came with the car when you dont have a full history of any issues it may have had before delivery...

topher91
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I tried all that sequence stuff this weekend to find out that sequence isnt' the problem. I would try the same sequence and sometimes the timer stays on and sometimes it turns right off. I'm not sure how this one is connected if its thru my ignition or something else.

How can I trouble shoot this??

Chris

93hustler
08-09-2005, 01:40 AM
IMO I would yank that Blitz timer out and install a good remote starter ie:Autostart with turbo timer capabilities