PDA

View Full Version : wtb baby car seat 20-40lbs

phatgirl21
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Looking for car seat for child 20-40lbs. If you want to pm me or reply, much appreciated.

grock698
08-01-2005, 11:41 AM
how much are you looking to spend? i have one

phatgirl21
08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
not much if I can help it, I had to buy a stroller already, and it's my nephew, so I won't be using it alot, I just like to be able to pick him up in my car, in case of an emergency or something.

Katana13
08-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Hey,
You might want to check some of the second-hand Children's Clothing Stores/Maternity Stores....I know you can usually get one pretty cheap there (Under $40) and most of those stores make sure the car seats are up to regulation standards.
The other place you could check would be the Bargain Finder. I bought one for the very same reason and found a Dorel Eddie Bauer Booster seat (20-80lbs) for $25.00.
You can find some great deals there!
What part of the city do you live in? Maybe I could recommend a store to you.
Good Luck!

phatgirl21
08-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi there, thanks for your help, I live in SE, I've checked out a place called Kool Kidz? They have some pretty good stuff there. They just said to keep calling back. I can pretty much travel to any part of city. If I can't find one in the next few days, I'll just buy a new one. I guess I need to go to a fire station and get them to install it properly also?

Katana13
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
You can install it yourself and then get the fire station to check to make sure you've put it in okay.
You might also want to check out Over the Rainbow...it's down in South Trail Crossing near McKenzie Town...if they don't have one they also have a list that they can put you on.
How much are you wanting to spend on the car seat? How old is your nephew? I might know someone who has a spare. Let me know.

phatgirl21
08-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi again! I found one yesterday, at 36 st ne location, It's just like new, I am very happy! Thanks so much for your help. I'll try to install it myself, and still go get it checked out. In my travels I went to a place on 32 ave NE, and they had some great deals, it's a big yellow sign, it's beside a mattress place. They have golf clubs, vanities, furniture, clothing, vacuums, some appliances and lots of other stuff. Some of it is no good, but I think it's stuff from Costco, because the tags say Costco. Thanks for all your info, much appreciated!