PDA

View Full Version : Is a 60/40 lowering job too much for year round driving in Alberta?

InfiniteJoy
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm trying to decide what I want to lower my car on, and have one question which will pretty much make the decision for me. If I get a 60mm/40mm drop on my golf, will it be driveable in the winter? I know I'll have to avoid some stuff on the road, but is it easily doable?

Because if 60/40 is still manageable in the wintertime, I will just go with a cup kit, and save money, at the sacrifice of adjustability. But if it's not possible, I'll have to go with a set of adjustable coilovers, which will cost me much more $$.

They're going on this:

http://fitter-happier.com/images/000_0274.JPG

Thanks for the tips!

nismodrifter
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
60/40 is definately driveable in winter time, all you have to worry about on your car is bumpers and shit, oil pan is tucked up pretty nicely unlike these damn MK4's.

Go 60/40....or lower.
I'll try and get some pics of one of my friends MK2's, hes freakin slammed and drives his car in winter.

GTS Jeff
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
60/40 is definately driveable in winter time, all you have to worry about on your car is bumpers and shit, oil pan is tucked up pretty nicely unlike these damn MK4's.

Go 60/40....or lower.
I'll try and get some pics of one of my friends MK2's, hes freakin slammed and drives his car in winter. :werd: Tires make all the difference.

Aleks
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
If you are carefull it's perfectly fine in the city. A set of good snow tires if you want and it won't be a problem.