PDA

View Full Version : What Voids Your Warrenty

d-UNiT
08-01-2005, 04:47 PM
hi, .. i was just wondering what kind of mods would void my warrenty with honda.. the dealership told me putting a system in shouldnt be a problem.. but i was just wondering about hids and stuff of that nature...

what will modifications will void a cars warrenty.. or scenarios.. thanks in advance

benyl
08-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Nothing voids your warrantee. They can refuse to fix something if they can prove that the part you installed caused the failure.

90s_tuner
08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Intake doesn't, I know that for sure because when I brought my car in they didn't care. Unless your engine sucked up water or something because of it.

googe
08-02-2005, 02:01 AM
"you break it, you buy it"

rc2002
08-02-2005, 09:00 AM
As far as your HID question goes, I've heard some nightmare stories about people burning out their headlight switches and about electrical shortages. I know a lot of people who run HID and I haven't heard of any problems. But if you want to play it safe, read up on this article:

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/headlamp-harness.html

bigboom
08-02-2005, 10:22 AM
maybe you should use the search button...this topic has been discussed MANY times in the past.

d-UNiT
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Davetronz
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Typically...
Your warranty can not be "void" by the dealership unless the modification you have done is proved to be related to the issue encountered under warranty...

So... Take for example.

- You lower your car, 5 months after lowering your shocks are bottomed out and you upon dealer inspection your bearings are shot and your tires are wearing funny. At the same time you want the dealer to look at a high idle issue. Anything in regards to the suspension or that is affected by it (shocks, tires, bearings) are not covered. Anything that has nothing to do with the lowering (such as the high idle) the manufacturer must cover unless they can prove that a mod you have done is the cause of the failure.

d-UNiT
08-02-2005, 01:09 PM
but i can remove the modification before bringing the car in so they are unaware of why there are problems.. am i correct?

benyl
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
but i can remove the modification before bringing the car in so they are unaware of why there are problems.. am i correct?

There would only be a moral issue with that. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

infected
08-02-2005, 01:51 PM
I think not, they aren't as stupid as you think they are, they're dealing with hundreds of people everyday coming in and out complaining about their car and having them to fix it up, if they fix every car that comes in then they would have gone out of business by now. They would find out one way or another that you have done something with the car, dont risk it man :thumbsdow

Davetronz
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
They have ways of telling whether or not the modification has caused the failure.

d-UNiT
08-02-2005, 03:33 PM
oh i was just checking...

i guess ill hang tight for some of the mods for now :dunno:

90s_tuner
08-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by benyl

There would only be a moral issue with that. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Originally posted by infected
I think not, they aren't as stupid as you think they are, they're dealing with hundreds of people everyday coming in and out complaining about their car and having them to fix it up, if they fix every car that comes in then they would have gone out of business by now. They would find out one way or another that you have done something with the car, dont risk it man :thumbsdow

Originally posted by Davetronz

They have ways of telling whether or not the modification has caused the failure.

Funny how you guys defend dealerships. There is a reason why dealers have the nickname "satan", because they rip you off!

Sharpie
08-02-2005, 05:21 PM
^ Not all dealers rip you off. Also if your mod "breaks your car" that is your fault, why should the dealer spend money on your mistake?

d-UNiT
08-02-2005, 08:19 PM
^ i totally agree.. i just wasnt so sure about how it all worked.. thanks

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 11:53 AM
technically everything but in reality nothing.....only if its a direct cause....and you shouldnt be driving a car new enough for a WARRANTY if you cant even spell the word in your thread title!

d-UNiT
08-03-2005, 11:55 AM
there is no corolation between my spelling and me having a better car than you ... mouth shut :drama: :closed:

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
there is no corolation between my spelling and me having a better car than you ... mouth shut :drama: :closed:

you assume my post is a result of jealousy? :rofl: .... i aint trying to start shit but affording 300/month for a car isnt exactly grounds for you to tell someone you have a better car then them without even knowing ..... my bad i guess :closed:

Weapon_R
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
It doesn't cost a dealer anything to do warranty work. A dealer is paid to do that from the manufacturer. It amazes me when dealers give people a hard time because it makes them money to fix cars under warranty.

d-UNiT
08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

you assume my post is a result of jealousy? :rofl: .... i aint trying to start shit but affording 300/month for a car isnt exactly grounds for you to tell someone you have a better car then them without even knowing ..... my bad i guess :closed:

haha i was just tryna be witty, i guess it didnt come out very well.. anyways..

weapon it has to do with the labour, why would they do the work if they dont have to, they are jerks

lastprodigy
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
meh no worries....all i said is dont assume things of other people...:thumbsup:

rahim
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Weapon R is saying that the manufacturer pays the dealer to do the work, that would include parts and labour

Alpine Autowerks
08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
they get paid less for parts & labour than the retail rate plus they are audited. I had a tour of VW's setup. they even track each tech seperatly and allow for excess parts replacing when the guy is new or a new model comes out. fraudulent claims cost the dealer and I have even seen fraud charges laid and dealership contracts torn up.

Seanith
08-06-2005, 12:12 AM
hi, .. i was just wondering what kind of mods would void my warrenty with honda.. the dealership told me putting a system in shouldnt be a problem.. but i was just wondering about hids and stuff of that nature...

what will modifications will void a cars warrenty.. or scenarios.. thanks in advance

what are you looking into? the hids are fine. you have a harness.

88CRX
08-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Seanith
what are you looking into?

dealership didnt give too shits about the exhaust.... they mentioned the intake and valve cover though :dunno:

whatever.... its a honda.... you should be good :D :dunno: