PDA

View Full Version : Which car is worse

pHaCeLeSs
01-28-2003, 11:30 PM
The Sunfire
or
The Cavalier

Id probably say sunfire just for the fact that it seems EVERYBODY drives this. My old high school i went back and visited every 2nd car (literally) was a fuckin sunfire!

Also sunfire has lowest safety rating like... hmm EVER

Lets not get me wrong, the sunfire gt and z24 cavalier are respectable cars... if i didnt see so many 70 yr old women driving them!

spyguy
01-28-2003, 11:32 PM
i hate the sunfire....dont mind the cavalier....z24's arent too bad...

-bUtTeRcUp-
01-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Definately the Sunfire

Weapon_R
01-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Same shit.

Although I usually think guys in Sunfires swing on the other side of the tree. Cav's ain't as bad.

pHaCeLeSs
01-28-2003, 11:37 PM
its sick
i was SOOOO Close to buying a jet black sunfire gt like 2 months ago... the day before i was gonna go down to the dealership and take it for a test drive.. i remebered seeing myself makin fun of a souped up sunfire... *giggles at the thought of a purple sunfire jettin around*... so yea that changed my mind :D

pHaCeLeSs
01-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Like i mean i havent even seen hondas done up like this sunfire.... thing is he didnt even remove his original sunfire spoiler... he sorta just threw on like a 10" spoiler right ontop of the other one so i think thats what made me laugh so hard... and seeing my 118 hp 89 teg keep up made me laugh even harder ;)

Ajay
01-28-2003, 11:48 PM
What's the point of this thread?

The Sunfire and Cavalier are the EXACT same car anyway, just a difference in body style.

max_boost
01-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Yah man.....what is with this domestic bashing.....Sunfires and Cavaliers are cheap economy cars.....its the drivers and stereotypical views that may give these cars a bad name but yet dealers are selling them like crazy......give me a break....

Its like saying all civic/integra drivers are ricers who think they own the road.....

veedub
01-28-2003, 11:53 PM
no way i can beleve that someone startded ...... i always wantded to but i can say much cause my car isnt the best .....

but anyhow there is a silver?.... or white with the bigest freaken wing on it .....arg!!! i hate it so much not lowered no rims in bowness .......ahhh i felll much better now

thank u for letting me got it out :thumbsup:

pHaCeLeSs
01-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Its like saying all civic/integra drivers are ricers who think they own the road.....

we do!

;) j/k

Oh i dont hate domestic cars, my friend ryan drives a z24, its pretty phat, i like it more than my car!

But i like chick cars
im lookin to buy
mx6
mx3
or even a toyota paseo... (hard to find paseo)
if anybody knows somebody sellin a paseo or any dealerships plz tell me 92+ plz :D

max_boost
01-28-2003, 11:57 PM
ARe you a girl? Or a guy who likes girl cars? lol

pHaCeLeSs
01-29-2003, 12:08 AM
my gf says their "cute" so whatever makes her happy ;)

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by pHaCeLeSs
Like i mean i havent even seen hondas done up like this sunfire.... thing is he didnt even remove his original sunfire spoiler... he sorta just threw on like a 10" spoiler right ontop of the other one so i think thats what made me laugh so hard... and seeing my 118 hp 89 teg keep up made me laugh even harder ;)

haha theres a couple of those double winged sunfires rolling around everywhere. who still remembers that sunfire that rolled up at an abcars meet like over a year ago at the ymca parking lot?

Yah man.....what is with this domestic bashing.....

i dunno, but this newbie is awesome!!! haha

RiceCake
01-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

haha theres a couple of those double winged sunfires rolling around everywhere. who still remembers that sunfire that rolled up at an abcars meet like over a year ago at the ymca parking lot?

Hahaha... I remember that, I drove you in the 6000 beast....:rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
01-29-2003, 01:49 AM

we do!

;) j/k

Oh i dont hate domestic cars, my friend ryan drives a z24, its pretty phat, i like it more than my car!

But i like chick cars
im lookin to buy
mx6
mx3
or even a toyota paseo... (hard to find paseo)
if anybody knows somebody sellin a paseo or any dealerships plz tell me 92+ plz :D

You can't even begin to hate on the domestic cav's and sunfires when you are in the market for a Paseo...those have to be the gayest vehicle Toyota has ever made.

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

You can't even begin to hate on the domestic cav's and sunfires when you are in the market for a Paseo...those have to be the gayest vehicle Toyota has ever made. haha yea, wtf...PASEO?!?

dogstar
01-29-2003, 03:33 AM
paseo are gutless, but whatever spins your crank.

my friends z24 is moderately moderate, but its too bad my mommys 94 intrepid can kick his ass, with 4 drunk screaming girls in the back seat :D

girlRACER
01-29-2003, 04:16 AM
I like the Cavalier better but I don't like the huge cavalier logo on the rear of the new ones.

Is it me or is the Cavalier or Sunfire the number one choice among white blonde girls?

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I like the Cavalier better but I don't like the huge cavalier logo on the rear of the new ones.

Is it me or is the Cavalier or Sunfire the number one choice among white blonde girls? white blonde girl = safeway cashier = teh poor = 0% financing on j-body

mrmattyk
01-29-2003, 04:20 AM

Is it me or is the Cavalier or Sunfire the number one choice among white blonde girls?

:werd:

When I see a cavalier or a sunfire with a billabong/roxy or any girlie sticker we make an effort to catch up and look at the hot blonde white girls. I find the sunfire coupe in white, or a black 2 door cavalier has the hottest girls ussually.

mwmhong
01-29-2003, 08:42 AM
I like the 1st gen Sunfire GT the best. Cool exhaust, nice body, neat 3-spoke wheels. Very sleek. Z24's are okay too.

Worst is all Sunfire Sedans and all Cavalier Sedans.
From the side they just look kinda ugly. :barf:

pHaCeLeSs
01-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong

From the side they just look kinda ugly. :barf:

some cars just shouldnt be 4 doors... they just seem to... i dunno... LONG this way ;)

accords are nice 4 doors same with civics :D

Protege 5's are hot 4 doors too and i dont like 4 doors :D

What car would you guys recommend getting for around 5kish then?

RSeXy
01-29-2003, 10:59 AM
what about a neon? ...mwmhong is the resident expert on neons! =)

pHaCeLeSs
01-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I dont mind sports versions of neons, the 2 doors :D

RSeXy
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
for 5K...and you want a "girliy" car? haha..go for the hyundai accent or the kia rio!

RSeXy
01-29-2003, 11:09 AM
my gf says their "cute" so whatever makes her happy ;)

that's really sweet and all..how you want to make ur gf happy...but think about if it doesn't work out between the two of you...you are the one stuck with the car! :poosie:

pHaCeLeSs
01-29-2003, 11:11 AM
.... my god your right
ill stick with an mx3 then lol
least those are half decent looking and she still thinks their cute heh

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 12:36 PM
I like the 1st gen Sunfire GT the best. Cool exhaust, nice body, neat 3-spoke wheels. Very sleek. Z24's are okay too.

From the side they just look kinda ugly. :barf: ok exhaust, ugly body, and ANY, YES ANY 3 spoke wheel is :barf:.

bleh!

mwmhong
01-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
what about a neon? ...mwmhong is the resident expert on neons! =)

No, that would be speedracer. :)
Neons are okay, they are no import though, mine is lucky.

ok exhaust, ugly body,

Infidel!!
The 2-door Sunfire body is NOT ugly! It's sleek!
4-door Sunfires mega-ugly though. :thumbsdow

and ANY, YES ANY 3 spoke wheel is :barf:.
bleh!

http://www.meguiarscanada.com/futurecar/sidedark1.jpg

These are the 1995 model year wheels that I am talking about, they look actually quite nice for 3-spoke.
The later versions look too girly-swirly.

Ben
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM

Infidel!!
The 2-door Sunfire body is NOT ugly! It's sleek!
4-door Sunfires mega-ugly though. :thumbsdow

http://www.meguiarscanada.com/futurecar/sidedark1.jpg

These are the 1995 model year wheels that I am talking about, they look actually quite nice for 3-spoke.
The later versions look too girly-swirly.

That car is NASTY!!!

Looks like a cross between a Vacuum and Claires Accessories Boutique!

My god!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bastardaization of mankind

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 02:51 PM
haha i notice that your pic conceals the "sleek" headlights. anyway, i find the sunfire a little too curvy for my tastes. almost like a coke bottle u know?

and i still think those wheels are ugly. ANY 3 spoke wheel is ugly!

Dr. Evil
01-29-2003, 03:47 PM
The Sunfire is uglier overall, but I do like the first year's "neon" name in the trunk lid & the dashboard with a red interior.

rclinedinst
01-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Sunfires suck and everyone has them.

Redlyne_mr2
01-29-2003, 07:24 PM
They can be found at any local budget rent-a-car..nuff said

5.9 R/T
01-30-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
They can be found at any local budget rent-a-car..nuff said

So what your trying to tell me is that they are cheap to buy and operate? And this is a negative thing because...?

Ben
01-30-2003, 01:34 AM
basically a throw away car...shorter than average life expectancy, inexpensive replacement parts...

SilverRex
01-30-2003, 01:39 AM

its no surprise considering how cheap they are...

Nike0302
01-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by dogstar
paseo are gutless, but whatever spins your crank.

my friends z24 is moderately moderate, but its too bad my mommys 94 intrepid can kick his ass, with 4 drunk screaming girls in the back seat :D

which brings us to the question of why your mom has 4 drunk screaming girls in the back seat.....:dunno:

m@+CH
01-31-2003, 06:05 PM
same eng
so sunfire appearance wise though
the kits 4 cav's r sooo wrong
the sunfire ones r interestin'

5.9 R/T
02-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Benny
basically a throw away car...shorter than average life expectancy, inexpensive replacement parts...

I wouldn't say shorter then average life expectancy, maybe compared to a honda, but those GM motors in the J bodies last a long time. I'm not sure what a throw away car is either, these cars will easily see 200 000k, just check the bargin finder if you don't believe me. Just because rental car companies use them does not make them crappy cars, which is the point I was trying to make.

Scott
02-01-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Just because rental car companies use them does not make them crappy cars, which is the point I was trying to make.

Its kinda funny these guys think that way, because i rented a honda civic last year:rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
02-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Scott

Its kinda funny these guys think that way, because i rented a honda civic last year:rolleyes: u can technically rent any car...

but i think the people here are referring to the fact that cavys are fleet cars. do u know what that means? the manufacturer sells the cars en masse to rental places and dont make profit on the sales. all its really for is to boost sales numbers

Glowrider
02-01-2003, 03:50 PM
I'd say their both equally crappy, seeing as how they are pretty much the same car.

Scott
02-01-2003, 03:56 PM
fact that cavys are fleet cars. do u know what that means?

I understand what a fleet car is, But now you have to look at the fact that a lot of domestics are sold as fleet cars. The obvious ones like Crown Vic's and Impalas, but also Chev trucks. How does being a fleet vehicle make it a shitty car?

boi-alien
02-01-2003, 04:03 PM
they don't?!?!?!?

GTS Jeff
02-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Scott

I understand what a fleet car is, But now you have to look at the fact that a lot of domestics are sold as fleet cars. The obvious ones like Crown Vic's and Impalas, but also Chev trucks. How does being a fleet vehicle make it a shitty car? thats right, crown vics, impalas, tauruses, and camrys are all good examples of fleet cars. the reason they are fleet cars is because its basically an easy way for the manufacturer to jack up sales numbers of their cars and therefore make the company look better without actually making a better product. the trade off is that the company makes no profit on these sales.

is it a coincidence that the honda has never relied on fleet sales to boost its sales numbers?

three.eighteen.
02-01-2003, 07:58 PM
yeah but honda's have somewhat more of a premium on their cars, institutions that require fleet vehicles look for cars that are cheap to buy and service are not looking for better or faster cars...

5.9 R/T
02-01-2003, 09:02 PM
thats right, crown vics, impalas, tauruses, and camrys are all good examples of fleet cars. the reason they are fleet cars is because its basically an easy way for the manufacturer to jack up sales numbers of their cars and therefore make the company look better without actually making a better product. the trade off is that the company makes no profit on these sales.

is it a coincidence that the honda has never relied on fleet sales to boost its sales numbers?

Don't know where your getting your info from, but car companies sure do make profit on fleet sales. It may not be the same profit as seen from single car sales, but that goes with anything that is sold 'en masse', the more you sell the more of a deal you are willing to give. Plus the fact that while total car sales may be handed out at the end of the year or quarter it always shows the breakdown between fleet sales and general sales so as not to mislead investors.

There are many reasons why Honda or any other major import manufacturer does not do nearly as much fleet sales as the big 3. Part of the reason is that replacement parts for imports are higher, as are insurance costs. Other reasons include political connections, company history, etc. etc. Also trucks/SUV's are the number one selling type of vehicle in NA right now, how many trucks/SUV's does honda make again? 2, 3 if you include the godawful ugly element. They really don't have much to offer to the fleet market, besides the civic/accord.

izzoblitzo
02-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Im pretty sure that a domestic (not just domestics, but as in easy to get a hold of vehicles, easily replacable etc etc) in any country is considered a fleet car. Just look at what people in Germany have.. their police cars are Mercedes, their mail trucks and milk trucks are Mercedes.

I went to Hong Kong to see freight trucks and taxi's that are Mercedes! *L*

Im bettin that in Japan, Nissan or Honda is considered a fleet car, because its a domestic over there. There no trouble in replacing parts.

I emailed a Japanese owner of a Cavalier 24Z in Japan about a year ago, and he told me american cars are really hard to get, and are considered collector vehicles, although Japanese on the holiday islands own modified versions of imports... as in American cars. So go figure! *L*

My cousin's roomate at the University of Maryland is from Germany, and he told him Germans love German and American cars, its almost like nobody owns a Japanese car there.

I guess it comes down to each his own. Imports no matter what will be all the rage.. whether you live in Japan, and crave Camaros or live in Calgary and crave Skylines. Being an 'import' will always be flavorful, more exotic to the domestic counterpart anyways.

three.eighteen.
02-02-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
Im pretty sure that a domestic (not just domestics, but as in easy to get a hold of vehicles, easily replacable etc etc) in any country is considered a fleet car. Just look at what people in Germany have.. their police cars are Mercedes, their mail trucks and milk trucks are Mercedes.

I went to Hong Kong to see freight trucks and taxi's that are Mercedes! *L*

Im bettin that in Japan, Nissan or Honda is considered a fleet car, because its a domestic over there. There no trouble in replacing parts.

I emailed a Japanese owner of a Cavalier 24Z in Japan about a year ago, and he told me american cars are really hard to get, and are considered collector vehicles, although Japanese on the holiday islands own modified versions of imports... as in American cars. So go figure! *L*

My cousin's roomate at the University of Maryland is from Germany, and he told him Germans love German and American cars, its almost like nobody owns a Japanese car there.

I guess it comes down to each his own. Imports no matter what will be all the rage.. whether you live in Japan, and crave Camaros or live in Calgary and crave Skylines. Being an 'import' will always be flavorful, more exotic to the domestic counterpart anyways.

:werd: good post, seriously puts the whole import vs domestic argument in perspective for even the most ignorant :werd:

van
02-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by crxboi

they don't?!?!?!?

Nope, rex's do haha