PDA

View Full Version : sub placement: upside down or vice versa?

skyline19
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
i just bought a 1000 watt 15" MTX sub and i was wondering how i should place it in my trunk. i am puting 2" MTF board around it and a friend is putting fiberglass on it afterwards. So should i place my sub the "normal" way or upside down so the coil faces out the trunk? Which way sounds better?

Mad$ella
08-01-2005, 10:39 PM
First: its MDF not MTF
Second: There is NO reason to use 2" MDF 1" will do just as well, no difference, just wasted air volume.
Thrid: It doesnt matter which way you face them, they will sound exactly the same. If the magnet side looks cool then I say mount them magnet out. If not the usual will work too. :D

Khalil
08-01-2005, 10:46 PM
sound quality will be the same either way...
I would say dont mount it inverted, as it just takes up room, but at the same time does give you a little more space in the box.

Just do which ever looks good, and suits your needs.!

skyline19
08-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
First: its MDF not MTF
Second: There is NO reason to use 2" MDF 1" will do just as well, no difference, just wasted air volume.
Thrid: It doesnt matter which way you face them, they will sound exactly the same. If the magnet side looks cool then I say mount them magnet out. If not the usual will work too. :D

lol oh ya its MDF.:D

well it is in my trunk so no difference in sound you say? okay doky i think i'll go the "ususal" route.

thx for the heads up:thumbsup:

Mad$ella
08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
All good your welcome, I think inverted is cool, looks different.