PDA

View Full Version : Lease vs Finance

yeerj
08-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm thinking about getting a new car. Just wanted your opinions of leasing vs financing a car.

I generally drive 20,000-25,000 km/yr.

The expenses on the car are also tax deductible for me as I use the car for work.

So, what would be my best option?

benyl
08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
It all depends on how long you want to keep the car. If you are going to get rid of it in 4 years or less, leasing could be cheaper. It also eliminates the hassle of trying to sell the car when you are done.

It also depends on the interest rates.

heavyD
08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Also depends on how much you can afford monthly. If you can't afford a high payment but want a new car, leasing is easier.

Sharpie
08-02-2005, 12:20 PM
If you want to keep the car, Finance, if it is just for company use, lease it.

RUQUIKR
08-02-2005, 12:20 PM
The advantage to a lease is you get lower payments, your under warranty for your term and you do not own a depreciating vehicle. At the end of your term you can sell the car and reap the profit if there is any and if there is not just hand the keys back and walk away.

Nalgene
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM
You cant mod a car if you lease it right?

2002civic
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
^^ you can but have to return it to stock when you give it back, ive seen tons of modded leased cars

Altezza
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
If you are writing the expenses off, lease it. Otherwise, I don't believe in leasing cars at all.

frostyda9
08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
If you are writing the expenses off, lease it. Otherwise, I don't believe in leasing cars at all.

:thumbsup: Leasing is a waste of $ IMO, with the exception of company vehicles. The only other exceptions of note would be certain cars like Jaguars, STi's, etc. You've gotta be nuts to buy a Jag or any other car that takes such a massive depreciation hit in a short amount of time.

Nalgene
08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

:thumbsup: Leasing is a waste of $ IMO, with the exception of company vehicles. The only other exceptions of note would be certain cars like Jaguars, STi's, etc. You've gotta be nuts to buy a Jag or any other car that takes such a massive depreciation hit in a short amount of time.
Like a Landrover...