PDA

View Full Version : UC course dropping

Impreza
01-29-2003, 12:27 AM
i accidently forgot to drop this one course!! and now i wont get credit or anything! is there ANYTHING i can do to get my money back? or credit?

speedracer
01-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Not likely. Might as well follow through unless you want a W.

eur0
01-29-2003, 12:30 AM
nope, i withdrew two days after the cutoff, it was a full year course too :banghead:

Impreza
01-29-2003, 12:31 AM
is a W a really really bad thing??

Davetronz
01-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Ahhhhh my suggestion, drop U of C :D

max_boost
01-29-2003, 12:33 AM
W is a neutral mark.....I've had so many of those I have lost count.....but this was back in my slacking days.....now I know better :)

Impreza
01-29-2003, 12:34 AM
does it affect ur gpa?

max_boost
01-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
does it affect ur gpa? No

I believe you can withdraw up to 10 half courses at U of C

D'z Nutz
01-29-2003, 12:38 AM
Why won't you get credit?

Impreza
01-29-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
cause the deadline was last friday, Jan. 24..
has anyone tried pleading with the dean or anything?

D'z Nutz
01-29-2003, 12:43 AM
cause the deadline was last friday, Jan. 24..
has anyone tried pleading with the dean or anything?

Oh, you mean you dropped it after the deadline?? Yeah, there's usually not a whole lot you can do, cause you did have two weeks to get your schedule together. Best thing to do is probably go talk to the faculty to see if you can get back in since you paid for it and can't get your money back. Worse comes to worse, drop it later in the semester if it gets in the way. Try talking to the registrar's office or something, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. When they smell money, they don't let go! :rofl:

Impreza
01-29-2003, 12:45 AM

Oh, you mean you dropped it after the deadline?? Yeah, there's usually not a whole lot you can do, cause you did have two weeks to get your schedule together. Best thing to do is probably go talk to the faculty to see if you can get back in since you paid for it and can't get your money back. Worse comes to worse, drop it later in the semester if it gets in the way. Try talking to the registrar's office or something, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. When they smell money, they don't let go! :rofl:
well, i havent dropped the course yet, i am thinking of doing it tomorrow when infonet opens.

speedracer
01-29-2003, 12:50 AM
What do you mean by credit? As in $? or as in the course can not be applied to your degree?

My guess would be to talk to the register (but wait and see who is the friendly one there - I've found the register folks to be unkind to students - might want to talk to your department first and ask for their advice).

speedracer
01-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Hold on to the course anyway since you've just paid for it. Might like it? If not withdraw.

D'z Nutz
01-29-2003, 12:51 AM

well, i havent dropped the course yet, i am thinking of doing it tomorrow when infonet opens.

Don't drop it through infonet just yet. I'd go talk to some people to see if there's anything you can do. Go talk to the department first, cause they should have the power to give extensions for the drop so you can get your money back. My friend got an extension on the drop date for her course after she went to go talk to the prof.

What course is it?

D'z Nutz
01-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
Hold on to the course anyway since you've just paid for it. Might like it? If not withdraw.

That's what I'd do if you can't get your money back. You might end up doing good or even liking it. If you're gonna withdraw and not get your money back, hold it out to see what my result from it anyways.

Impreza
01-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Its Math271

Weapon_R
01-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Why would you drop it? Unless it's absolutely necessary, I wouldn't do it. It's still a class, still worth some credit, so go for it if you are capable. If you think you are gonna fail it, wait till the deadline before dropping it. Who knows, you might just get it.

speedracer
01-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Its Math271
:D In that case you won't like but wait until after midterms - you never know - you could do well :)

Like D'znut said it's unlikley to get money back since UC = greedy bastards...

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 12:45 PM
the UA has 2 deadlines....one to drop a class and get a full refund with no record of the class...and another to drop a class and get 50% back..with a W on your record

RSeXy
01-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Why would you drop it? Unless it's absolutely necessary, I wouldn't do it. It's still a class, still worth some credit, so go for it if you are capable. If you think you are gonna fail it, wait till the deadline before dropping it. Who knows, you might just get it.

:werd:

might as well get your money's worth!