PDA

View Full Version : Changing jobs...

fast95pony
01-29-2003, 12:50 AM
The company that I've worked at for almost 13 years started to piss me off. I found out a few things about the management that I didn't like,plus I'm getting tired and stressed out with the work load.
So 2 weeks ago I wandered over to the rival company's office.I already know most of the people who work there.
I walked out with a better salary,better benefits,and less work load !! :clap:

I'll still be working 12 hour shifts , but they start and end at 6:00 . So I can get some one to cover the last hour and still get to Solo2 .

I started working there on my days off from my present job last week. (2 paycheques at the end of the month :D ) .

My old boss wasn't at all happy . They have been trying really hard to get me to stay. But I've been though this already . They promised me better things last year when I said I was quitting.

An added bonus... The company is based in Houston.Every year all the Calgary staff are flown to Houston for the Christmas party for a few days and given a car to drive around in .

:thumbsup:

Alan

Stratus_Power
01-29-2003, 12:52 AM
curious.. may i ask wat you do?

Si_FlyGuy
01-29-2003, 01:04 AM
Yah we want your vacant job!

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 01:05 AM
sounds pimpin, good job on the step up

Ben
01-29-2003, 01:06 AM
Thats awesome man, I love hearing great news about people getting better things changing jobs, thats awesome how that worked out for you!

Cheers bud!

fast95pony
01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
I work for an aviation company. We assist airlines and Corporate flight departments by providing them with flight plans,aviation weather info,arranging fuel , catering, overflight permission over/into foreign countries etc.

I'm a licenced flight dispatcher, and sometimes I go on contracts to train other dispatchers . I recently spent 9 months in Toronto , 6 months in London , U.K , and 4 months in the Maldives .

Last week I assisted Ariana Afghan Airlines when they picked up 2 B747's and 1 B727 from the desert in Arizona and flew them to Kabul . That's a typical week .

At present we also do all the flight planning and dispatch for Canadian North . In December I spent a day flying in the cockpit of a B737 to Yellowknife , Norman Wells, Inuvik and Edmonton.
I have to do that once a year as part of my annual recurrent training .

It's a very interesting job, but also very stressfull .

Have you ever spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to get permission for a aircraft to overfly Iran ??
The government employee in Tehran was.. um an interesting fellow !!

Alan

Ben
01-29-2003, 01:17 AM
hahaha, holy damn, thats quite the job, but that really good! Definatly unique and I'm sure it has a good mix of things to keep it interesting