PDA

View Full Version : FUCK! Ticket...

Davetronz
01-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Hey guys.
Got a 66-2 (Disobey Sign) ticket for doing a left hand turn turning into Brentwood Station today on a no left hand turn sign.
I got a ticket for $69.00

The officer said something about no demerits, but I am not sure about this. It doesnt say anything about demerits on the ticket...

Does anyone know if this is a demerit offence. I dont want my insurance to be fucked.

What should I do about it.

Dave.

G
01-29-2003, 10:20 AM
7 Points
Failing to remain at the scene of accident

6 Points
Careless driving
Racing
Exceeding speed limit by more than 50 km/hr

5 Points
Failure to stop for Police Officer, for School Bus, for vehicle carrying explosives, gas or flammable liquids or at railroad crossing

4 Points
Following too closely
Failure to stop for school bus
Speeding - unreasonable rate
Exceeding limit by 31-50 km/hr

3 Points
Driving on wrong side of road...wrong way on one-way highway
Improper passing...impeding passing vehicle
Stunting
Exceeding speed limit by 16-30 km/hr.
Failure to:

Report accident
To yield right-of-way to vehicle or pedestrian
To stop as directed by traffic control devices or as otherwise required

2 Points

Improper turns...backing up
Traffic lane violation
Exceeding speed limit by up to 15 km/hr
Failure to:

Obey instructions of traffic control device
To signal

I think it is 2 points for you.

szw
01-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Was this the one that used to be a no-left turn sign between the hours of X and Y...but after construction is just no left turns at all?

I got caught there after the construction. I went to fight it. 5 seconds after I walked into the office, he says "Okay, pay the fine, i'll take off the demerits". I was all ready to go into my speech but I got scared of him so I just paid it and left! bastards!

DSM Power
01-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Quota time?? :dunno: :banghead:

kevie88
01-29-2003, 10:38 AM
They ALWAYS watch that intersection. It's a po-po "favorite fishing spot"..

350hp_or_Bust
01-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Damn .. that sucks for you. I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance though .. they'll usually let one or two tix slide. Unless of course you already have one or two. ha ha

I make that turn all the time ... I guess I should start watching myself too.

hinggu
01-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Just talk to the crown and he will usually make you pay the fine and take off the demerits by letting you plead guilty as a registered owner

RiceCake
01-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Hmm last time I talked to pointts, they say insurance companies won't jack you unless you have more than 2 tix in a 3 year span. Best of luck, think you might be able to get off if you talk to the prosecutor. You'll pay a fine but I think that will be the end of the ticket. :)

RSeXy
01-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Hmm last time I talked to pointts, they say insurance companies won't jack you unless you have more than 2 tix in a 3 year span. Best of luck, think you might be able to get off if you talk to the prosecutor. You'll pay a fine but I think that will be the end of the ticket. :)

speaking of which...how did your tickets work out for you? have you talked to the prosecutor yet?

GTS Jeff
01-29-2003, 12:47 PM
hey dave...just go talk to the pros. he will fix it all up for u. and if he doesnt, then flip him the bird and get pointts.

fuck am i ever bombed right now...

4G63Power
01-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Quota time?? :dunno: :banghead:

:werd: I got hit yesterday too

Dope Dealer
01-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
Hey guys.
Got a 66-2 (Disobey Sign) ticket for doing a left hand turn turning into Brentwood Station today on a no left hand turn sign.
I got a ticket for $69.00

The officer said something about no demerits, but I am not sure about this. It doesnt say anything about demerits on the ticket...

Does anyone know if this is a demerit offence. I dont want my insurance to be fucked.

What should I do about it.

Dave.

Ahahah! :)

They just put that sign up last year, and the cops hang out right where you turn. He pulls over like 5 people on one light change.

RiceCake
01-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

speaking of which...how did your tickets work out for you? have you talked to the prosecutor yet?

they're with pointts right now.. :)

___2PaC___
01-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 350hp_or_Bust
Damn .. that sucks for you. I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance though .. they'll usually let one or two tix slide. Unless of course you already have one or two. ha ha

I make that turn all the time ... I guess I should start watching myself too.

lol, yup...should be ok, but everyoe turns into train station and all that, but they'll catch you one day....:werd:

12V
01-29-2003, 01:54 PM
insurance companies don't care about your demerits, they care about how many "major" and "minor" tickets you've had, regardless of demerits. I did the same thing 2 yrs ago. it stays on your record for three years as a minor ticket as far as insurance is concerned.

Davetronz
01-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Ok so I shouldnt get an insurance hike over this bullshit...
Thank god...

Stratus_Power
01-29-2003, 04:07 PM
u guys been menting this many many times andi still dont get it.. so if you go and see the prosecutor as registered owner.. does that mean the car has to be under your name, cant be your parents??

szw
01-29-2003, 04:41 PM
No it can be under anyones name.

CLiVE
01-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey, my fiancee got the same ticket at the same intersection. As far as I know, no demerits...

I'll ask her.

girlRACER
01-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 12V
insurance companies don't care about your demerits, they care about how many "major" and "minor" tickets you've had, regardless of demerits. I did the same thing 2 yrs ago. it stays on your record for three years as a minor ticket as far as insurance is concerned.

While we're on the subject of demerits...I received some letter yesterday saying that I had over 8 demerits on my driving record and that that was some kind of warning telling me to drive slow and obey traffic laws. Is it a bad thing to have over 8? What's the difference between a major and minor ticket?

I've had about 3 tickets each time about 20 km/h over the speed limit. So is that a minor ticket then? Is there anyway to decrease the number of demerits or do I seriously have to wait 2 years from the time of each offence to clear the demerits from each ticket?

Davetronz
01-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
Hey, my fiancee got the same ticket at the same intersection. As far as I know, no demerits...

I'll ask her.
Thanks Rob :D

hinggu
01-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

While we're on the subject of demerits...I received some letter yesterday saying that I had over 8 demerits on my driving record and that that was some kind of warning telling me to drive slow and obey traffic laws. Is it a bad thing to have over 8? What's the difference between a major and minor ticket?

I've had about 3 tickets each time about 20 km/h over the speed limit. So is that a minor ticket then? Is there anyway to decrease the number of demerits or do I seriously have to wait 2 years from the time of each offence to clear the demerits from each ticket?

Yeah, having over 8 demerits is bad.. and most likely your insurance is going to go up, if it hasn't already. When I talked to the crown about my ticket for going 23 over, he said it was major, so I believe it is a pretty major ticket. You can take a defensive driving course to remove some if the demerits. I would take it. As soon as you have 15 demerits (is this correct?), you lose your license.

rvd
08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
so any demerits ?

Z_Fan
08-30-2004, 05:55 PM
LOL - it's been a year and a half - wonder if he even remembers!?!?!?!?

finboy
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
newbies are awsome :rofl:

Davetronz
08-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Dude... I totally forgot about this.
No demerits, no raise in insurance.

BebeAphrodite
08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by finboy
newbies are awsome :rofl:

but this could have been a newbie in the same situation who used the search button.

Had he started a new thread he would have been told it was a repost.

Poor newbies.

$tillqls
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

autoBITCH
08-30-2004, 09:46 PM
i've gotten two tix, one for my exhaust and the other for speeding 25 over the limit. i went to this ex cop [pretty low profile]..and i let him handle it for me, buddy goes to court for me and everything, i end up paying him like 30 bucks which i dont think is that bad, and the ticket itself. but i was just wondering....what do you guys end up paying as a service charge at pointts?

sometimes it doesnt seem like its worth it cause at the end i'd only be saving 10 bucks due to the service charge...
i heard if you go there yourself, the judge usually does take off the demerit points and/or lowers the fine...but regardless, something is always done...what do you guys think?

Ben
08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
:rolleyes: