PDA

View Full Version : Largest NBA Trade In History!!!

mo_virgin
08-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Huge trade involving five teams and 13 players.

Notable:

Antoine Walker to Miami
Jason Williams to Miami

News Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-five-teamtrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Man Miami is stacking up for next year

toyboy88
08-03-2005, 07:58 AM
damn miami also signed o'neal to a 5 year $100 million deal yesterday and got PG James Posey as well.... WOW:hitit:

cherpintow
08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Crazy trade!!

Antoine Walker is garbage though :barf:

San Antonio will still be the best team in the league

KleanCord
08-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Miami got one big steal. There are a few things to note here. Walker is not garbage when playing in a system with Wade and Shaq. The drive an kickout or the double team and kick out and Walker will be hitting 4-9 from the 3pt line. Also Posey is a huge addition, this is one of the better defensive players in the league and will be the one to match up against the SGs/SF in east.

I would just like to know how the GMs organize a deal like this.

cherpintow
08-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure how Walker will be hitting 4-9 from the 3 point line when last season he shot 25-73 (.342 %). He's really slow too. I guess shaq and wade, if anybody, could make him look better.

KleanCord
08-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cherpintow
I'm not sure how Walker will be hitting 4-9 from the 3 point line when last season he shot 25-73 (.342 %). He's really slow too. I guess shaq and wade, if anybody, could make him look better.

this is just what most fans forget. Walker is not a bad 3pt shooter he is a bad decision maker. The guy can hit open 3s like nothing, with Shaq and Wade he will be getting alot of open looks. So his bad decisions will turn into good ones. saying he will hit 3-10 is not that hard to do but predicting 4-9 is a nice thing to say when I look back in April. Walker is fast for a power forward, slow for a SF. That I do agree on, that could be defensive matchup problems. Walkers low post passing will be a welcome addition though.

bigboom
08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
damn miami also signed o'neal to a 5 year $100 million deal yesterday and got PG James Posey as well.... WOW:hitit:

you mean jason williams in the pg and posey as the pf.

its gonna be sick next year watching miami, they got a pure 1 in williams, wade, walker and shaq. Williams is a great addition because he likes to pass freeing up shots for wade, shaq and walker...the only bad thing is how the heck are they going to share the ball among 3 all-stars.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-03-2005, 01:55 PM
posey and williams will be good for miami and toine will be forced to be the 3rd option haha.

grizz got robbed tho

K271
08-03-2005, 05:31 PM
so many guys moved it took me forever to sort out who went where. I'd hate being the general managers sorting this out. No matter what Miami has, San Antonio will be hard to beat again. Doesn't matter how many stars you have on one team, it doesn't mean they'll suceed, look at the Lakers that one year.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
^ yea there was a lot of drama and they were dysfunctional but dont forget they went to the finals lol.

Jynx
08-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
^ yea there was a lot of drama and they were dysfunctional but dont forget they went to the finals lol.
and would have won had malone not got injured

lastprodigy
08-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Jynx

and would have won had malone not got injured

haha no way malone was the difference between a championship and not

Jynx
08-06-2005, 06:36 PM
due to malones lack of mobility beacuse of his bum knee he wasnt able to appropriately guard R.Wallace which was the difference in the series.
A healthy malone would have meant an LA championship

pinoyhero
08-07-2005, 10:11 AM
In my opinion the Heat wasteed a lot of the money shaq allowed them to free up by taking a 10.6 mil pay cut.

Walker: The guy is cancer for a team, a showboat, ball hog who whips too many treys and can't hit a free throw the heat alreay have shaq now they have walker, probably the two worst ft'ers in the leauge. Down the stretch they'll now have to sit 2 starters.

J Will: Another showboat who's fun to watch but TO bound and not a great defender or passer. The Heat didn't need an entertainer they needed someone solid to hold onto the ball like Damon Jones did last year.

Posey: A great acquisition, scores well, passes well and rebounds, this guy is a great role player and is exactly what the Heat need. They already have Shaq and Wade why force them to share the ball.

Look at the Pistons and Spurs, very little show boating, good fundamental basketball. Not fun to watch but it helps win. The key is to have a teamwith entertaining players to keep fans excited and one that can also win. This comes from balance which the Heat had last year.

Where they should have spent those bucks...

Robert Horry
Donyell Marshall
Micheal Redd
Damon Jones

Jynx
08-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
In my opinion the Heat wasteed a lot of the money shaq allowed them to free up by taking a 10.6 mil pay cut.

Walker: The guy is cancer for a team, a showboat, ball hog who whips too many treys and can't hit a free throw the heat alreay have shaq now they have walker, probably the two worst ft'ers in the leauge. Down the stretch they'll now have to sit 2 starters.

J Will: Another showboat who's fun to watch but TO bound and not a great defender or passer. The Heat didn't need an entertainer they needed someone solid to hold onto the ball like Damon Jones did last year.

Posey: A great acquisition, scores well, passes well and rebounds, this guy is a great role player and is exactly what the Heat need. They already have Shaq and Wade why force them to share the ball.

Look at the Pistons and Spurs, very little show boating, good fundamental basketball. Not fun to watch but it helps win. The key is to have a teamwith entertaining players to keep fans excited and one that can also win. This comes from balance which the Heat had last year.

Where they should have spent those bucks...

Robert Horry
Donyell Marshall
Micheal Redd
Damon Jones

Playing under SHAQ, Walker will be a completly different player. He will no longer toss up i'll advised shots as regularily as he does...
Also, how can you say that J Williams isint a great passer...he is one of the 3 best passers in the league behind J.kidd and S.Nash.

KleanCord
08-08-2005, 02:21 PM
FYI JWill is near the top of the league in Assist to turnover ratio.