PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!!! To bid on a skyline or not?

spanky99
08-04-2005, 11:45 AM
hii

i need your guys advice on wheter i should bid on this car

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4566689568

does anyone have a skyline here? how are these cars performance ?

how much should i bid on a car like this?????

does anyone know the price range of a GTS-t?

thanks in advance

MiG_Master
08-04-2005, 12:02 PM
There are a few skyline owners kicking around, I think most will agree it's an awesome car to drive. The performance of the GTS-T is good, about what you'd expect from a 2.0 liter turbo. The handling on the car is unreal, as it has intelligent four-wheel steering. As for the price ranges on GTS-T's, check out these importer's sites:
www.importconcern.ca
www.jns-imports.com
www.scimotors.com/intro.html

spanky99
08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
thanks Mig_Master

i checked those sites out , yeah the cars are too costly there and they dont seem to have any stock here in canada .

i will check my acounts and bid , its going really cheap it seems , and the car really really looks good in the pictures and its just in mississauga, i can drive away with it tomorow and enjoy whats left of the summer with it. :-)

does anyone else on beyond.ca owns this type of car? that would like to comment on it?

BerserkerCatSplat
08-04-2005, 12:30 PM
There's a few Skyines for sale right here on Beyond. You can see them in person before buying, which is a rather large advantage over the auction.

A quick search found this one:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92118&highlight=Skyline

69cougar
08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
****USE EXTRME CAUTION IF YOU ARE BUYING A CAR FROM EBAY****

You got more balls then I do I have heard real nightmares about Auto Purchases on eBay. I would get in touch with the seller and tell him you want an inspection done and find a garage close to his house. A reputable seller will try and accomadate you. If not walk away

You may end up :cry:

freakin
08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
It looks cheap, but it also hasn't hit it's reserve yet. Like people are saying, you'll want to inspect the car in person first. Treat it like any other used car purchase. If the owner won't let you, that should tell you that something's wrong with it. Just walk away at that point. One other factor to consider is your insurance. I can't imagine a car like this is cheap to insure. I'd look in to that at well before bidding.

CryoCarnage
08-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Just buy one from on this site or import concern it. I love those guys, great service. A+++.. Sorry, i spend too much time on ebay :D

spanky99
08-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
Just buy one from on this site or import concern it. I love those guys, great service. A+++.. Sorry, i spend too much time on ebay :D

ohh i talked to the guy today , i even test drove the car.
the car is in amazing shape , oooohhh you got to year the BOV it was awesome , the car had safetied and all . and he told me that i can take it to any mechanic i wanted to do what ever checkups.

the car had no rust and all which is really unbelievable for a 15 year old car. and its in excellent shape as he mentioned in the ebay.

IM BIDDING!!!!!! ( as soon as i can come up with the funds )

i checked import concern , too expensive !!!!

AllGoNoShow
08-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Let me guess, when you were driving and the BOV went off, you had a huge grin on your face and he looked over at you and knew u wanted it...

Basically, you love the car, he loves you cause you love his POS and will buy it, so now the price war begins.

spanky99
08-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Let me guess, when you were driving and the BOV went off, you had a huge grin on your face and he looked over at you and knew u wanted it...

Basically, you love the car, he loves you cause you love his POS and will buy it, so now the price war begins.

first of all , you dickhead!!
this is a skyline , not a regal or whatever POS you are driving .
second the car is clean , and i will take it to a certefied mechanic to have it checked out , the guy was cool with it.

calgarys13
08-05-2005, 07:27 PM
high mileage and no aerobody....kind of ugly in my opinion..also its an ebay car

MiG_Master
08-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
high mileage and no aerobody....kind of ugly in my opinion..also its an ebay car
Even for the high milage, it is in excellent condition, better than most Skyline's I've seen and brought over. Depending on what the reserve price is, this is an excellent deal. As for the aero kits, I'd perfer without anyways, as some of the kits don't look too good. Kakimoto and Do Luck make good aero kits if you are interested.

CryoCarnage
08-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by spanky99

first of all , you dickhead!!
this is a skyline , not a regal or whatever POS you are driving

Regals arent POS. They can be made faster then any skyline on the road without much money at all.

lastprodigy
08-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage

Regals arent POS. They can be made faster then any skyline on the road without much money at all.

lol comparing a skyline to a 900 dollar gramps mobile....alot of ugly ass cars can be fast, i sure doesnt make em good though :rolleyes:

spanky99
08-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by freakin
One other factor to consider is your insurance. I can't imagine a car like this is cheap to insure. I'd look in to that at well before bidding.

i checked insurance already , it seems to be okay , about 120 dollars per month i get the comprehensive insurance....

anyone know were i can get a cheaper rate????

spanky99
08-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MiG_Master

Even for the high milage, it is in excellent condition, better than most Skyline's I've seen and brought over. Depending on what the reserve price is, this is an excellent deal. As for the aero kits, I'd perfer without anyways, as some of the kits don't look too good. Kakimoto and Do Luck make good aero kits if you are interested.

oh if i buy this car , i will put a vielside body kit on it , and put in a huge intercooler. i will make it look sweeeeet.

thanks mig , i will look at those brands too.

fast95pony
08-06-2005, 12:54 AM
So you're buying a car because of the sound of the BOV and because a huge inter-cooler will make it look sweeet ??

Say hello to Mr Toretto for me....

prodjsxb
08-06-2005, 05:27 AM
:burnout: dont forget the "NAWZ"
What about the NISMO stickers??? you gonna get any???... :poosie:

No but really, its a nice car. But I am wondering if its a repaint? Ive never seen one that colour before :dunno: but then again I've only seen a few.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I would not pay more than 9K for that. Plus its registered in Nova Scotia which mean have the pleasure of having an out of province inspection done in Ontario which is such a blast. :thumbsdow

Toms-SC
08-06-2005, 10:57 AM
gO buY ThE SkyLinE mAn! MAkE SuRe YoU GeT A HugE FMIC! OMG! WiCkeD! SkYlInE's ArE LiKe ThE bEsT cAr EvEr!@ BOV's RoCk! OmG LOL

MiG_Master
08-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by prodjsxb
No but really, its a nice car. But I am wondering if its a repaint? Ive never seen one that colour before :dunno: but then again I've only seen a few.
Skyline Paint Codes For the R32 generation:
KH2 - Gun Grey Metallic
KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic
TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl
AH3 - Red Pearl Metallic
732 - Black Pearl Metallic
326 - Cristal White
KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic
BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl (special order)
It's the Dark Blue Pearl, which is one of the nicer colors when properly maintained.

spanky99
08-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I would not pay more than 9K for that. Plus its registered in Nova Scotia which mean have the pleasure of having an out of province inspection done in Ontario which is such a blast. :thumbsdow

incpection was done both in NS and in ON . it passed safety inspection in ontario from a well known garage here in mississauga.
plus i will get it inspected by my mechanic too :-)

inline6turbo
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by MiG_Master

Skyline Paint Codes For the R32 generation:
KH2 - Gun Grey Metallic
KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic
TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl
AH3 - Red Pearl Metallic
732 - Black Pearl Metallic
326 - Cristal White
KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic
BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl (special order)
It's the Dark Blue Pearl, which is one of the nicer colors when properly maintained.

thanks for posting that lol, i was trying to figure out what mine was... 732...awesome! now i can repaint the front bumper!]

P.s. im not an expert but how safe is it to run an engine without the valve cover on? please refer to the last picture posted for it on ebay.

00DBCGT
08-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

no matter how many hp's your slow pos has, your grandmothers car and your camaro, it still wont keep up with a skyline on the street, and good luck trying to park at the dollarstore with a 3800 stahl

pr0
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

P.s. im not an expert but how safe is it to run an engine without the valve cover on? please refer to the last picture posted for it on ebay.

The valve cover is there...

inline6turbo
08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pr0

The valve cover is there...

oh ya, wanna bet?

inline6turbo
08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/engine.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/08.jpg

the second one has it, the one hes looking at doesnt (top one)

pr0
08-06-2005, 11:18 PM
The valve cover is still there.

Milk2%
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
so if thats the valve cover then the car only has what... four valves? thats a wire cover or whatever. it covers the spark plugs. you can still drive the car. its good you know so much about cars!!!:thumbsup:

inline6turbo
08-06-2005, 11:26 PM
hey, i was told its called the valve cover, and i never said i knew anything, i said 'im not an expert' and i was being serious, and it wasnt a sarcastic question, i just wanted to know if it was safe to drive without the cover.

GoChris
08-06-2005, 11:47 PM
ya its just a spark wire cover, not important at all.

spanky99
08-06-2005, 11:48 PM
hey, i was told its called the valve cover, and i never said i knew anything, i said 'im not an expert' and i was being serious, and it wasnt a sarcastic question, i just wanted to know if it was safe to drive without the cover.

ohhhh wow , nothing sexier than a chik with a skyline!!!!!
you must have guys going crazy over you !!!!!
your car is also a GTS-t
just the same one as the one which is for sale

tell me about the car ? do you find any problems with it? is the thing fast? does it get alot of attention ? and how does it feel driving on the right and side?

inline6turbo
Originally posted by GoChris
ya its just a spark wire cover, not important at all.
good to know!
so im assuming th valve covers are the ones on either side of this spark plug cover thing then?

Seanith
Driving without a valve cover could possibly be one of the most stupid things you could do.
And yes, its an ignition wire cover.. like in this picture of a b16, the silver part is the same deal
http://www.geocities.com/aaronhume/honda2_web.jpg

inline6turbo
08-06-2005, 11:50 PM

well id like to hope that my car wouldnt be the only reason...
but its alright, my boyfriend doesnt even like my car :dunno:

spanky99
08-06-2005, 11:53 PM

well id like to hope that my car wouldnt be the only reason...
but its alright, my boyfriend doesnt even like my car :dunno:

i think i know why he doesnt like the car, its cause you are getting too much attention from other guys driving that thing, ofcourse he is gonna get jealous , probably you are even driving a better car than he is ...
i dont blame him , i would hate the car too if i was in his situation , lol

inline6turbo
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM

your car is also a GTS-t
just the same one as the one which is for sale

tell me about the car ? do you find any problems with it? is the thing fast? does it get alot of attention ? and how does it feel driving on the right and side?

Tell you about it? Lets see, its impractical, way to expensive to run cause the gas mileage is just pathetic, a new problem every week (what can u expect from a 16 year old car) but its only minor stuff, fuel filter/pumps, timing belt, battery, alternator, water pump, tires from burn outs etc etc. No major stuff yet.

Sure it's fast, but not as fast as I want it, but theres tons of room to mod these little engines, they have huge potential.

Does it get attention? Its unbelievable and gets really annoying very quickly. Every red light people are asking me about it, motorcyclylst's talk to you while youre driving, every time you fill up people come up to you, its insane.

It feels fine on the right. But as i said, its totally unpractical. Ask any person here who drives a RHD how they feel about making a left hand turn at an intersection when theres someone doing the same thing coming the other direction, you cant see anything that's oncoming! its like leapfrog getting across intersections or you have to wait until they go so you can see. You also can't pass on the highway becaue you can't see oncoming traffic.

But hey, i love my car, its a fun little toy for the summer, but only for the summer, cant drive them in the winter.

Want to know anything else?

spanky99
08-07-2005, 12:14 AM
do you have boost controller and boost guage?
i heard you can incrase the boost by 4 psi
right now its at 10psi , but i think you can up it till 14.5psi
and if you cut the cat out , you will have 50hps!!!!

then if you get bigger feul pump , pulleys , bigger injectors and reprogram your ECU , you will be driving a 400 hp skyline!!!

shit the price of that car is increaseing :-( , when will it stop? :-((

how much did you buy your skyline for?

MiG_Master
08-07-2005, 01:17 AM
You'll find that most original owners will have removed the cat already, I've only seen a few with them still in.
Right now the stock ECU on the car should be running a two-stage boost, with 0.5 bar (7 psi) until 4500rpm, and then 0.7 bar (10 psi) to the limiter at 7k. However, a common GTS-T mod is to de-limit the boost so it's a constant 0.7 bar. Anything up around 1.0 bar (14 psi), and you should start looking at upgrading/replacing some of the internals, as the RB25DET engine will expire pretty quick on that much boost.
As for mods to acheive a 400bhp GTS-T, you should take a look at this thread: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=24882&page=1&pp=15,

inline6turbo
08-07-2005, 05:53 PM
do you have boost controller and boost guage?
i heard you can incrase the boost by 4 psi
right now its at 10psi , but i think you can up it till 14.5psi
and if you cut the cat out , you will have 50hps!!!!

then if you get bigger feul pump , pulleys , bigger injectors and reprogram your ECU , you will be driving a 400 hp skyline!!!

shit the price of that car is increaseing :-( , when will it stop? :-((

how much did you buy your skyline for?

Hun you just cant go upping your boost like mad on a nearly stock car.... you'll toast ur engine! And that whole 50hp from removing the cat is total :bullshit: because i just did that last week! My car came with the cat and the muffler, with a Greddy resonator at the back, last week i made it 3" straight back from the turbo, removing the cat and muffler... and i didnt notice that much of a difference, maybe 5-10 max.

lol of course the price is raising! Its on ebay! Thats the point! It'll probably only stop when the time runs out, and expect a HUGE jump in price within the last 5 mins. Ive done ebay enough to realise never to get your hopes up until the auction is over and youre the winner, cause too many times have i lost within the last 2 secs when ive been winning the whole week!

But good luck!

TheBenzo
08-07-2005, 08:41 PM
hahahahahaha Valve Cover... too bad you werent out last night Reneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

inline6turbo
08-07-2005, 11:51 PM
why what happened last night?

calgarys13
08-08-2005, 12:46 AM
most of the things your both saying are wrong you should look into a gts-t before buying it just because its an awesome sweet killer skyline yO!!!if you have any questions feel free to ask and i can coirrect most of the previous statements...also rennnee before buying all new exhaust you should pay back some of your debts....cough suspension cough

inline6turbo
08-08-2005, 02:39 AM
*cough* dad paid for it because my old exhuast fell off while i was driving because i had backed up into a parking block and snapped all the welds holding it on and i quit my job a month ago thus no money but i got two new ones and start today (monday)*cough*
dont worry, next time i see you ill have money for you... :thumbsup:
and nothing ive been saying is wrong in my mind, please correct me on what is