PDA

View Full Version : Dutchies? Anyone?

KleanCord
08-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Has anyone tried Dutchies before? I was just at "A Taste of Calgary" and the food at Dutchies booth was great. I am wondering if the restaurant is any good. I am probably going to try it out this weekend or next.

fcuk_it
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
dutchies... MMMmmm:drool:
its good there espically their spicy patty or the ox tail or the jerk chicken...

dino_martini
08-04-2005, 03:24 PM
whats dutchies?:dunno: :confused:

EK 2.0
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
"pass the dutchie to left 'and side..."

KleanCord
08-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Dutchies is a carribean restaurant. I think it is around 33ave SW and umm.... I forget the cross street. But it is in between Macleod and Crowchild.

I think it is Trinidad and Tobago(sp) to be exact.

I am going to have to check it out because I've been dying for some good Caribbean food and I didnt think Calgary had any.

str8jkt
08-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Dutchies Bakery (used to be known as Lloyd's Caribbean Bakery) (Amazing Jamaican Meat Patties). The trick is to ask them for the cocoa bread to go with it. You wrap it on the outside of the pattie. Mmmmm.. The Jerk chicken there was always good as well.

Its located kitty corner to Olive Garden and across 16th Ave from the Walmart connected to Marlborough Mall.
http://tinyurl.com/7jh6h

I have also seen that there is a Carribean Bakery located just off Memorial trail on Edmonton Trail. Haven't tried there so don't know how it is.

http://tinyurl.com/aaq3h (Note this map points to a computer store that is in the same mini mall as the restaurant since I didn't know the name).

WhiteNikes
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
bak when me did picini lloyds did de only place fi get some patties an' ting outsidea a fi me yard. Now is a few places inna calgary but Duchies is still sweet. Dem is own by one next set a people ne 'ave no quarrel wid dem. De only ting weh dem 'ave on dem menu weh me ne tink seh you ne go like is ackee an' sal'fish.

EK 2.0
08-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes
bak when me did picini lloyds did de only place fi get some patties an' ting outsidea a fi me yard. Now is a few places inna calgary but Duchies is still sweet. Dem is own by one next set a people ne 'ave no quarrel wid dem. De only ting weh dem 'ave on dem menu weh me ne tink seh you ne go like is ackee an' sal'fish.

ahhh yes my bred-ren tell tha people bout Lloyds dem youn cats dun kno nufin bout dat...

jdmakkord
08-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Haha Lloyd had the first benz I ever saw with a gold plated grill and emblems. Looked pretty pimp for 1995 lol.

EK 2.0
08-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Haha Lloyd had the first benz I ever saw with a gold plated grill and emblems. Looked pretty pimp for 1995 lol.

holy shit you are right mang...ahhhh the memories...haha