PDA

View Full Version : so much for NECC in red deer

dymz999
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry all I will not at all be able to make it to red deer, the 240sx is DEAD!!! I feel like killing the construction people in calgary. I went over a set of train tracks they were working on a week or so ago and guess what, today compression on all 4 cylinders was a brisk 140psi. I took all 4 plugs out to find them soaked in oil. The car runs normal until you hit boost. The crankcase is pressurizing like no tomorrow and well you can seriously feel boost coming out of the breather i have on the crankcase vent, very screwy.

anyways i will be yanking the motor this week and parting it out as well as a lot of other aftermarket stuff i had on it. I called jdmsource today and I will be buying their next RB25DET engine to come in. I've decided to stop the insanity of these 4 cylinder engines and try something new. This is my second SR motor and over the past 5 years i've noticed that the tolerance levels in the engine are either great or horrible never a happy medium. At least with a big bad 6 cylinder i can make a lot of reliable horsepower.

Well unless somebody wants to give me 14k for a nice car with a pooped motor lol.

Ack this sucks! It was running so perfect before this happened.

crazydave
08-04-2005, 01:35 PM
ka24det, parts cheap!

illeagle
08-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm very sorry you can't make it to red deer..
But how do you fuck your motor going over train tracks?

ninjak84
08-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
I've decided to stop the insanity of these 4 cylinder engines and try something new.

You're crazy..... 6 cylinders are for the weak

haha jk. Sorry to hear, sent a PM about some parts

dymz999
08-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Was running perfect before it, then hit some huge bumps over the tracks, rpm went up to 6,000 ish with my foot not on the pedal. After that fuel pump died. Made pump work and next thing you know you can hear air blowing out of the crank case. Aka rings fubard!

6 cylinders not for the weak, its for the brave if anything lol. complicated bloody swap...

86max
08-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Weird, best of luck getting an rb25:thumbsup:

I'm still trying to think of how a bump could fuck something up in the motor.......doubt it's oil deprivation.....

Lo)2enz0
08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
its wierd but ummm. I just got sick of my ca18det and i am saving up for a sr20det and putting it in, painting the car and than selling it. Being a student and living on my own I really don't have that much money for owning a s13 anymore. I am just going to put the ca18 up and its going to be a crazy deal. This cars are pissing me off. every time I walk into my garage I just want to roll it out onto the street and blow it up.

freaking money pits.

good luck with the rb25 should be nice

EK 2.0
08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I'm very sorry you can't make it to red deer..
But how do you fuck your motor going over train tracks?

Originally posted by 86max
Weird, best of luck getting an rb25:thumbsup:

I'm still trying to think of how a bump could fuck something up in the motor.......doubt it's oil deprivation.....

yeah how do you wreck a motor over train tracks??...I have bottomed out cracked my pan and STILL made it home...

topher91
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Shitty man! I was looking fwd to meeting you at the meet! Ah well.....

Let me know if you are parting out the motor then!!

Chris

dymz999
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Simple the engine over rev'd itself on its own, as i said my foot wasn't on the gas and the rpm shot right up to redline. Then the fuel died. Before that it would boost up no problem. heck you can rev the crap out of the engine in neutral and its good, put it in gear and my god you can hear the boost shooting out the vent. Its crazy. right now i'm either going to sell it as it is for a good price and buy myself a Z or do the skyline swap and have a stock engine that can make good power.

The issue here was the fuel pump fuse blew aka no fuel. while the motor over rev'd itself, i can imagination bad knock and detonation.

dymz999
08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I can tell you this much, i'll be screwing with the motor for the next two days to get it driveable just so i can go to red deer. I mean 140psi (maybe the gauge is crap) is not the worst, it just should run normal. regardless i'm still upgrading the motor.

schurchill39
08-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Oh harsh dude and the only time i got to see if was when you drove through the parking lot when i was at the meet that one time. I wanted to see the car but i guess now i will have to wait

dymz999
08-04-2005, 06:25 PM
still may see it, i can drive it limply, dunno if highway would be cool though. I can drive it normal until 3,000 rpm lol.

Idratherbsidewayz
08-04-2005, 07:19 PM
still may see it, i can drive it limply, dunno if highway would be cool though. I can drive it normal until 3,000 rpm lol.

You sure its not a vacuum line come loose? I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be a vacuum line.

dymz999
08-04-2005, 07:28 PM
It could be, the vacuum has been low lately. I'm thinking of disconnected my boost controller and boost gauge from inside the car to make sure a hole or something didn't get into one of the lines. Frustrating to say the least. We did another compression test, this time engine fully warm, cas unplugged, throttle wide open and bang 150psi across the board. Something doesn't make sense. its so wierd.

topher91
08-04-2005, 07:33 PM
It could be, the vacuum has been low lately. I'm thinking of disconnected my boost controller and boost gauge from inside the car to make sure a hole or something didn't get into one of the lines. Frustrating to say the least. We did another compression test, this time engine fully warm, cas unplugged, throttle wide open and bang 150psi across the board. Something doesn't make sense. its so wierd.

So now your coming?? :thumbsup:

Chris

dymz999
08-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I dunno, i need to get the car to run, idle and most of all drive first. I'm spending most of tomorrow and all day saturday to try to get it figured out. I have some help coming saturday so we'll disect the engine!

braden883314
08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
That super shitty, i hope everything works out for u

~Braden

dymz999
08-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm hoping so too, but even if the motor is totally fubard its not the end of the world. The parts i can sell off will pay for the entire RB25 swap. Right now i'm hoping its a vacuum iacv problems because it is really erratic. dont get me wrong i want to come badly, will a killer nissan meet.

TypeS
08-04-2005, 09:01 PM
you can always ride with someone man, just cuz you dont have a car with you doesnt mean your not a nissan enthusiast!:D

Idratherbsidewayz
08-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I had identical symptoms. When it went above 3k, it would sputter and wouldn't really climb the rpm band. Also whenever I would decelerate it would stall.

Good luck finding it, hopefully it is vacuum after all. Cheap easy fix...

dymz999
08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Well if anything i'd be showing up in a supercharged H22a civic, man talk about embarassing lol. I'm down to the little things now to make it driveable.

IACV, vacuum, checking resistance on coilpacks, ignitor, etc etc etc. Little crap that it could be but who knows. If i could figure out why the vacuum took a sudden drop it would help though. Maybe the timing light i have is a piece.

well i'm going to disconnect the boost gauge and boost controller which is where i would suspect any leak would come from. Just run one line from the intake to the fpr. it has to be either vacuum, iacv, timing or something really retarded. I had two separate timing results today so i dunno whats up with that. one was at TDC and the other -15 TDC, its crazy. I wanna lick the sucker at the city in the nuts for not putting up warning signs.

dymz999
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
where did you find the vacuum leak just out of curiosity??

dymz999
08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Update: vacuum leak found, coming from PCV valve which was totally tightened. Vacuum now at -18 psi. Now to figure out the rest of the crap.

schurchill39
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Maybe you just shook some of those lines up causeing the leak make sure you check em all

dymz999
08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Oh i did, i think after i clean the iacv or remove it, whichever i'll have it running proper. The pcv not being properly hooked up also explains the oil on the plugs. Grrr retarded hoses.

SRBURG13
08-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Don't you just love finding out that it is something a lot more simple that you originally planned? Love it.

Glad to hear it's coming alright. Hope to see you on Sunday!

Aaron

Idratherbsidewayz
08-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Haha, I knew it. I knocked mine loose with a pressure washer...

Inthered
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I wanna lick the sucker at the city in the nuts for not putting up warning signs.

LOL.......I guess that bump on the tracks turned you gay too! j/k :rofl:

schurchill39
08-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh BURN!