PDA

View Full Version : Beware Edmonton Drivers!

GTS Jeff
08-05-2005, 12:45 AM
I nearly died tonight! I nearly totaled my car tonight! I was seriously half a second away from a head-on collision going 90km/h!!

So I went for a drive about an hour ago because I haven't driven all day, you know, just to keep in touch with the car. I'm driving in the left lane of Mayfield Rd., a one-way, 3-4 lane road. I come around a bend AND HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THERE'S A CAR HEADED STRAIGHT FOR ME GOING THE WRONG WAY DOWN A FREAKIN ONE WAY STREET AND I'M GONNA DIE!! But thankfully suspension and a bit of autocrossing this season pulled me right through it. I swerved pretty hard but smoothly, and swerved right back into my lane, just like a slalom. :)

When I stopped at the next red light, the dude in the car next to me gave me a :thumbsup: haha.

I think this is the second closest time I've ever been to dying.

Ben
08-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Fuckin Crazy!

WTF was that person thinking?!

EK 2.0
08-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
and swerved right back into my lane, just like a slalom. :)

When I stopped at the next red light, the dude in the car next to me gave me a :thumbsup: haha.

Showoff...haha...

Glad to hear that you ARE ok Jeff...

tapout
08-05-2005, 02:41 AM
7 lives left:rofl:

nismodrifter
08-05-2005, 02:48 AM
The google ad under your post says Global Moto Outlet....at first glance I thought it said Global Mofo Outlet

BubbaSTi
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Jeeez, damn Mofos!!!

rc2002
08-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Holy hell. What kind of car was it?

Phy
08-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by tapout
7 lives left:rofl:

Up up down down left right left right B A select start

Good job not dying, dude. That's fuggin' hair-raising. You've got something to tell your eventual grandkids...

Ben
08-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Phy

Up up down down left right left right B A select start

Good job not dying, dude. That's fuggin' hair-raising. You've got something to tell your eventual grandkids...

I want to play Contra now. :(

GTS Jeff
08-05-2005, 10:38 AM
I *think* it may have been some 80s Chrysler, but I didn't exactly have time for a good look.

I think the other dude was drunk...but I wasn't about to follow him down a one-way going the wrong way to get his plate.

B17a
08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Jeez, nice moves to get away, good luck cleaning the shit stain off your seat now!

I saw similar a few years ago in Calgary. I was coming down Bow Trail by the Chev GSL dealership just before the Greyhound station. This old lady in a land yacht came out of the bus station driving up Bow Trail the wrong way. People were swerving and honking but she didn't seem to notice as she kept going!:nut:

k_dawg
08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear your ok man. 2:thumbsup: for autocross, it should be now taught in defensive driving ahahha;)

2000_SI
08-05-2005, 11:44 AM
That happened to me on the Highway comming back from Van City.... I saw him of in the distance but it took a coule seconds to realize he was on my side of the road in my lane :eek:

I swerved over to the other lane, and honked at him, and he jsut drove past totaly oblivious to what was going on around him... some 80 year old dude in an old ford truck :nut:

schurchill39
08-05-2005, 03:13 PM
there was some moron driving down the wrong side of the road here in the hat.. on a sextion of the transcanada that runs through the city.

EK 2.0
08-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
on a sextion of the transcanada

get your mind out of the gutter about our hi-way system.

CRXguy
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Shit like that happens quite a bit actually in Calgary too. Always down by 4th and 5 ave in downtown. :nut:

Thaco
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
i hate downtown for this reason.

Chiggles
08-23-2005, 01:35 AM
:werd: I've had a lot near-misses in the downtown area. Once, I was actually contacted but thankfully I was driving a rental at the time. Coming off Memorial Dr going west into downtown core via the overpass, I'm in the 2nd-most left lane where you can turn left or go straight. This black F150 is in the 1st left where it's left only at the light. Green comes on and I make my left while she keeps on going straight and pretty much side-swiped my rental and took the trim piece off the driver's side door. I don't know what made her think she was in the right when you could clearly see that within the lane she was riding in, if she had kept on going straight, she would've gone into the curb at least or rear-ended a parked vehicle since it was a parking lane on the next block. Retards.

Glad to hear you're ok, Jeff. ....Anil would cry if he couldn't get anymore company freebies from you anymore. :rolleyes: J/k.

littledan
08-23-2005, 02:35 AM
you are a fcuking pussy geff. you act like that isn't a normal day jeez

DelSoln
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I hate our drivers. We may just have Calgary beat on this one.

MiG_Master
08-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln
I hate our drivers. We may just have Calgary beat on this one.
Not may. We have the world's worst drivers, all concentrated into one city. My favorite time to drive is at night, when the idiot density goes down.

asp integra
08-23-2005, 05:48 PM
shit, thats crazy

GTS Jeff
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Chiggles
Glad to hear you're ok, Jeff. ....Anil would cry if he couldn't get anymore company freebies from you anymore. :rolleyes: J/k.

You fucking guys have the lowest sales in the city, which is odd because to my knowledge your computer dept. isn't that slow. No more swag for you guys! I'm gonna pay you guys a visit this weekend to straighten you bastards out! :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
08-24-2005, 10:21 AM
The only people who drive 80s chryslers are senior citizens, they probably had no idea they almost hit you.

benyl
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The only people who drive 80s chryslers are senior citizens, they probably had no idea they almost hit you.

haha, so true, so true

PGTze
08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I almost had a head on collision with a senior the other day as well, only difference was she was going the wrong way in the wendy's drive-thru.

dANK
08-24-2005, 02:25 PM
thats wack the person was probably retarded cuz they just give anyone licenses lately

Seanith
08-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
I almost had a head on collision with a senior the other day as well, only difference was she was going the wrong way in the wendy's drive-thru.

Speachless :rofl:

Kobe
08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I remember there was a guy gong down Deerfoot the wrong way, I think he was suicidal... it was pretty crazy

It was a few years ago.. anyone remember this???

ryder_23
08-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
I remember there was a guy gong down Deerfoot the wrong way, I think he was suicidal... it was pretty crazy

It was a few years ago.. anyone remember this???

happens usually atleast once a year, and usually ends up in a fatal collision

Chiggles
08-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

You fucking guys have the lowest sales in the city, which is odd because to my knowledge your computer dept. isn't that slow. No more swag for you guys! I'm gonna pay you guys a visit this weekend to straighten you bastards out! :rofl:

What do you expect from a ghetto neighbourhood like ours where every 3rd customer that walks in hasn't even picked out an item yet and the first words out of their mouth is "What's my discount?". It's POS celeron unit that's on sale already for $300 when it usually goes for $430, and it kills my margin ranking so badly every time I have to sell one of these that most of the time I just put the sale on someone else's number just so I don't have to hurt my qualities. Trust me, the $3.60 I make off that garbage isn't worth keeping under my number and these bastards are asking me slut it out even more? I don't think so. Mr. Customer needs a bitchslap. It's not us that needs to be straightened out, Jeff. It's the clientel (sp?). I'd transfer to North at least if it wasn't for the fact that I'm pretty tight with some of the staff there still. Shit, I've been there 5+ years now, yo.