PDA

View Full Version : Race City August 5

Aleks
08-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Who's going tonite? Weather looks great, hopefully it cools down by the time sun goes down.

I might go see if I can hit 13s again.

CSMRX7
08-05-2005, 07:36 AM
I am going to try to shop up to auto-x

Mr_ET
08-05-2005, 08:04 AM
i'm going as a spectator i'd rather watch then run 17.5's all night long :P

do you guys usually bunch up in a specific parking area before the races? i'd like to meet you all in person

Z_Fan
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Who's going tonite? Weather looks great, hopefully it cools down by the time sun goes down.

I might go see if I can hit 13s again.

I'm going to go if my car is ready.

Well, heck, even if it is not I'll probably go in the SRT-4.

I really need to get some practice in the Z. So inconsistent it's not even funny. :(

\JCAR/
08-05-2005, 04:37 PM
i'm going tonight see you guys there good luck tonight Aleks, hopefully nothing goes wrong tonight.

Z_Fan
08-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Well, managed to pull an 11.626 @ 123.69.

Started out slow tonight and finished up with the boost fully cranked, nitrous on for the launch. Street legal radial construction tires, but hey, it's plenty fast without slicks.

I was quite happy with this time. I can hardly wait to go to Edmonton and run with the Z.

Next best run was an 11.774 @ 124.63 mph. I got absolutely *SPANKED* by Toma's Mustang. He's done something to that POS to make it fast. :poosie:

LOL :D Although, technically Toma, I beat you! This time you weren't sleeping at the light, you were sneaking out early.
:poosie:

Aleks
08-06-2005, 01:08 AM
I ran 10 passes! She held together perfectly tonite, although my ashtray fell out LOL.

I got my PB of the season 13.808 @ 104 mph! Same boost level Woo hoo! :burnout:

rage2
08-06-2005, 01:13 AM
How did corey do? He left a voicemail on my phone, frustrated with traction issues. I fell asleep tonight :banghead:.

dj_honda
08-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by rage2
How did corey do? He left a voicemail on my phone, frustrated with traction issues. I fell asleep tonight :banghead:.

mid to high 13's at 105ish mph or so was basically what i saw.

when was this run against toma? i left the drag area around 11ish. are you being sarcastic? last time i saw his car run 13's.....

i got some videos, i will try to get them uploaded eventually lol

rage2
08-06-2005, 01:19 AM
ya he didn't seem to happy. Wants to swap to a tranny with longer ratios cuz he was deep into 5th with his runs. I think his 4th gear tops out at 95mph or something at 8000rpm... WAY too short.

Aleks
08-06-2005, 01:23 AM
ya he didn't seem to happy. Wants to swap to a tranny with longer ratios cuz he was deep into 5th with his runs. I think his 4th gear tops out at 95mph or something at 8000rpm... WAY too short.

Yeah I was running him early in the nite! He was battling traction problems too 2.25 60ft was his best early on I think. Best one of his ET's I have is 13.4@ 106 mph

I'd love to see some vids of the two of us running!

dj_honda
08-06-2005, 01:25 AM

i have that run. i will try to get it uploaded tommorrow.....too lazy

Aleks
08-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda

i have that run. i will try to get it uploaded tommorrow.....too lazy

Sounds good. We ran like 4 times. I hope you don't have the one of me running a 14.5 :barf: :rofl:

JCX
08-06-2005, 01:35 AM
It was my first night ever, out in the SRT-4. 60' times were terrible, not surprisingly. I can honestly say I made every newbie mistake possible including :

- Redlight, then stop, then go :thumbsdow
- Blowing through the staging lights :whipped:
- Driving with my hood up in the staging lanes (some dude gave me shit :devil: )
- Blew off a vaccuum hose to the brake booster and lost 75% of my brakes. :banghead:
- Super bog launch :zzz:

Grabbed a few 14.8's which was ok for my first time out I guess. Gotta look at the car though, MPH is not where it should be. I think it's time for either a MAP clamp or maybe a downpipe / o2 housing. I could feel it pulling timing. :cry:

All together I had fun and learned a hell of a lot, despite looking like an idiot.

Anyone see what the Cobalt SS was running?

Aleks
08-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by JCX
It was my first night ever, out in the SRT-4. 60' times were terrible, not surprisingly. I can honestly say I made every newbie mistake possible including :

- Redlight, then stop, then go :thumbsdow
- Blowing through the staging lights :whipped:
- Driving with my hood up in the staging lanes (some dude gave me shit :devil: )
- Blew off a vaccuum hose to the brake booster and lost 75% of my brakes. :banghead:
- Super bog launch :zzz:

Grabbed a few 14.8's which was ok for my first time out I guess. Gotta look at the car though, MPH is not where it should be. I think it's time for either a MAP clamp or maybe a downpipe / o2 housing. I could feel it pulling timing. :cry:

All together I had fun and learned a hell of a lot, despite looking like an idiot.

Anyone see what the Cobalt SS was running?

It was nice to meet you and BS cars while we waited for the ambulance to come back. Keep practicing and you'll be a lot better!

Z_Fan
08-06-2005, 01:42 AM
I ran 10 passes! She held together perfectly tonite, although my ashtray fell out LOL.

I got my PB of the season 13.808 @ 104 mph! Same boost level Woo hoo! :burnout:

I ran 10 passes tonight too. Pretty good considering the delay we had. I hope that guy was OK.

Congrats on your fastest run! Sweet!

Originally posted by dj_honda

mid to high 13's at 105ish mph or so was basically what i saw.

when was this run against toma? i left the drag area around 11ish. are you being sarcastic? last time i saw his car run 13's.....

i got some videos, i will try to get them uploaded eventually lol

The run against Toma was at 11:37PM. That isn't the same car he had there last week. At least, it sure didn't run like it! LOL! Last week the car he had ran mid 13's. This one ran in the 10's when I raced him. It checked out on me and I ran an 11.774 against him.

But yes, there is quite a bit of sarcasm in my message anyhow. LOL. :dunno:

JCX
08-06-2005, 01:43 AM

It was nice to meet you and BS cars while we waited for the ambulance to come back. Keep practicing and you'll be a lot better!

Yes indeed, it was good to meet you. Thanks for whipping my ass by the way. :rofl:

I'm kinda peeved with the car, it'll be on the dyno in a couple weeks so I'll know what the hell the ECU is up to. Until then, practice!!

Z_Fan
08-06-2005, 01:46 AM

He introduced himself to me tonight - so I had never met him before that. (Just briefly)

But I think he needs a better tire if he is gonna hook up. Either a wider street tire or perhaps a nice drag radial. But traction couldn't have been all that bad. His times were quick from the run I saw...

OH, and I redlighted 3 times tonight. :(

Dammit! :banghead:

Moonracer
08-06-2005, 02:07 AM
:D

Toma
08-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

The run against Toma was at 11:37PM. That isn't the same car he had there last week. At least, it sure didn't run like it! LOL! Last week the car he had ran mid 13's. This one ran in the 10's when I raced him. It checked out on me and I ran an 11.774 against him.

But yes, there is quite a bit of sarcasm in my message anyhow. LOL. :dunno:
LOL.... its funny how many people mistake the Capri for the Mustang.... had I had a hood on the Mustang, everyone woulda thought it was the same car.....

This was the TT Mustang. Set on wastegates only cause I just wanted to try the ET Street Radials.... THEY ROCK!

Anyway, 10 psi, and it ran 10.6, 10.9, 10.6.... the 10.9 was against you when I turned on the second fuel pump lol. Its tuned for high boost, and it was overfueling ...

Your car rocks BTW... 11's is frikking cooking. You got enough mph to go 10's....

Toma
08-06-2005, 08:27 AM

Yeah I was running him early in the nite! He was battling traction problems too 2.25 60ft was his best early on I think. Best one of his ET's I have is 13.4@ 106 mph

He was on lowest boost setting, was trying to drive part throttle to ease traction woes, and shifts like my grandma...

Man, I am sure I coulda counted "one mississippi, two mississipi" between shifts

:poosie:

Aleks
08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
:D

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'm ahead at this point LOL :poosie:

b18c5 teg
08-06-2005, 11:58 AM
What tranny is that 4 th gear tops out at 95 mph?

legendboy
08-06-2005, 12:22 PM
ya i was a bit disapointed but the car is basically setup for slicks. (which i cannot afford) i had uncontrolable wheel spin 1st, 2nd and 3rd (on 7psi - 300whp)

i was trapping in 5th gear at about 5000rpm. that 5th gear shift was really hurting my times. i tried to run the trap bouncing of my rev limit in 4th and that didn't work out, i tried part throttle runs, that didn't work :( also i forgot to disable my full throttle launch before i left and that really screwed my launches. ( i never drag with FTL)

all in all it was a pretty fun night. i seriously don't feel like wrenching my car anymore so i think i'll just leave it the way it is for now. when i get the motivation i will either buy slicks or swap my diff into my ls tranny and try that :dunno:

the tranny is a JDM sir tranny. 92mph at 8000rpm in 4th gear (on the dyno)

Good job aleks :thumbsup: that picture is slightly embarassing for me tho :rofl: moonracer should have waited till my 4th gear to take the pic! hah i'd be very intrested to see a vid of my runs

rage2
08-06-2005, 12:27 PM
What was your highest mph? The other thread said they saw a 120mph run???

Aleks
08-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks Corey, I wouldn't be embarassed at all after all YOU built both cars LOL.

\JCAR/
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
i herd there was a accedent on the tracks and another one in the parking lot? anyone know what happened?

Mr_ET
08-06-2005, 12:47 PM
13.47 for corey at 107 something

we just heard shifts and bov all the way down the track and massive wheel spin pretty much all gears :P

still very nice car

was nice meeting you also aleks

btw your corner light driver side is burnt out :P

Lo)2enz0
08-06-2005, 01:11 PM
It was a good night, saw legendboy. my friend was like "now thats one fast integra"

z_fan was insane wow

If I am lucky hopefully I can get the sil40 out for a couple of runs before the end of the season.

legendboy
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks Corey, I wouldn't be embarassed at all after all YOU built both cars LOL.

haha oh ya I forgot about that! lol

What was your highest mph? The other thread said they saw a 120mph run???

Originally posted by Mr_ET
13.47 for corey at 107 something

I have no idea, I was looking at the et and crumpling up the slips hah

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
It was a good night, saw legendboy. my friend was like "now thats one fast integra"

heh ya more people need to come and talk to me, I don’t know any of u guys!

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
z_fan was insane wow

ya his car hauls ass, love barely being able to see tail lights by the end of the run

90Tegra
08-06-2005, 08:40 PM
aleks u got a boosted b18b right? and what kind of tranny do u have?

voodoo
08-06-2005, 10:09 PM
i managed to run a new PB...

[email protected]

Moonracer
08-07-2005, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'm ahead at this point LOL :poosie:

no sweat, looks like running every week has payed off cause your launches have been damn good.

Originally posted by legendboy
Good job aleks :thumbsup: that picture is slightly embarassing for me tho :rofl: moonracer should have waited till my 4th gear to take the pic! hah i'd be very intrested to see a vid of my runs

haha well considering this was your first time out with that setup and you beat him every time to the line, I wouldn't call that embarassing. But next time I will get a shot of you in the lead so maybe I'll go half track unless you're on slicks. :rofl:

Aleks
08-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra
aleks u got a boosted b18b right? and what kind of tranny do u have?

Stock B18B motor running 8-9 psi of boost. Stock Ls tranny with an ACT HDSS clutch.

Originally posted by Moonracer

no sweat, looks like running every week has payed off cause your launches have been damn good.

Yeah I think so too. But it's way easier for me to launch than Corey since I have a lot less power! Ironic I know.

Originally posted by voodoo
i managed to run a new PB...

[email protected]

Blue SRT4 right? Congrats. What was your 60ft like? How come you run so much quicker than the other Stage2 car that was there? :dunno:

Lo)2enz0
08-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

heh ya more people need to come and talk to me, I don’t know any of u guys!

so true, I know everyone by there cars. like I saw moonracer's g2 and i was like ahh this dude is on beyond.

ahh hopefully I can get my car running again in time but I highly doubt it. Next year I am hoping for low 14's.

Z24_3.1
08-07-2005, 12:19 PM
i wish i could of gone u think my 1990 2.0L fwd dsm auto no mods can win anything lol
?

voodoo
08-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Blue SRT4 right? Congrats. What was your 60ft like? How come you run so much quicker than the other Stage2 car that was there? :dunno:

yeh i got the blue one.

my best 60foot was 2.1.. however that has been the first time EVER i have had that. usually they are between 2.2-2.4.

well personally i belive my car is faster than a stage 2 anyways, and it was also his first time out.