PDA

View Full Version : 2 of my friends' cars caught on fire.

EstoMax
01-29-2003, 11:09 PM
yesterday was pretty interesting... in the same day 2 of my friends cars' cought on fire, both while their mom was driving them. one was an early 90's volvo 740 that had been t-boned a bit and i guess the fuel line musta bumped loose cause it sprayed fuel over the engine and lit it on fire while my friends mom drove it back from groceries, the other was a Mazda MPV which my friends mom drove over a mattress on the road and it got stuck in the engine and the engine made the mattress catch fire which made the car catch fire... yeah.

quite a coincidence eh?:nut:

max

DSM Power
01-29-2003, 11:43 PM
How do you just drive over a mattress in the road... and then continue on long enough for it catch fire...? :dunno:

EstoMax
01-29-2003, 11:45 PM
i didnt understand it either but i guess the guys mom is wacko or something haha

max

Nix87
01-29-2003, 11:50 PM
how did the matress get caught up in the motor?? mpv's usually sit pretty high..

Nick

EstoMax
01-29-2003, 11:52 PM
well somehow it did.. i think the mattresses are more then 6 inches tho so it couldve.. or it couldve been a torn up old one and it caught somehow.. i dont have all the details yet.. ill ask when the guy comes online

max

___2PaC___
01-30-2003, 12:56 PM
whoa crazy, but I would have swerved and missed the mattress on purpose, oh well, atleast they're all ok right

kevie88
01-30-2003, 12:58 PM
The mattress story is just plain old wierd.. people aren't very bright I guess!

XylathaneGTR
01-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
The mattress story is just plain old wierd.. people aren't very bright I guess!
:werd:

Glowrider
01-30-2003, 05:22 PM
I had a friend with a GSX that blew his engine and his car caught fire somehow. The car was stolen, so he just left it in the middle of the street. Serves him right.

turboMiata
01-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
How do you just drive over a mattress in the road... and then continue on long enough for it catch fire...? :dunno:

Hehe! I was merging up from 11th ave onto Crowchild north on ramp a few years ago and this truck had a mattress sitting on the bed. When he accelerated to merge onto Crowchild, the mattress slipped down and onto the road. This car couldn't stop in time and then ran over it. The pickup truck continued for another 100m before realizing he lost his load. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :nut: :nut:

aZnBlooD
01-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata

Hehe! I was merging up from 11th ave onto Crowchild north on ramp a few years ago and this truck had a mattress sitting on the bed. When he accelerated to merge onto Crowchild, the mattress slipped down and onto the road. This car couldn't stop in time and then ran over it. The pickup truck continued for another 100m before realizing he lost his load. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :nut: :nut:

damn...can you believe how stupid people can get sometimes

CanadaCivicSIR
01-30-2003, 09:23 PM
I just wondering how she could run over a mattress, what size was it?

Because a Queen/King size is hard to miss!!!

I bet she wishes it was a waterbed!!!!

CVPP
01-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Here is some wierd shit...My friend was driving his work van when a semi's load of 2 X 4 came loose one flipped hit his bumper and the other smashed his mirror right off...and The trucker didn't even notice he lost his wood. My friend was pissed