PDA

View Full Version : B16 EF axle problems

racin_jayson
08-06-2005, 04:31 PM
as stated i have an ef with a b16, i am using ENJO motor mounts and a jdm intermediate shaft, i am also using some jdm axles that were included with my swap from jdmsource.ca anyways.... the problem is for the second time i have had my drivers side axle fall apart while parking my car, with the wheels cranked all the way to lock the inner cv boot has popped off somehow (despite being held on by the steel ring) and the three tripod bearings fall out all over the road, am i using the wrong axle combination? should i just buy some teg axles and a teg int. shaft to solve this? Anyone with some background on this please help.... im fuming over this

illeagle
08-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Umm, not sure how you can fix it, But my set up..

Avid mounts
JDM intermediate shaft
USDM G2 teg axles
No problems

racin_jayson
08-06-2005, 04:43 PM
are there different intermediate axles that came on the SiR's and the xSi's? or were they all the same? thanks for the tip, from what i have heard your axle setup is the most common and trouble free, but i cant figure out why my jdm axles are doing this to me :banghead:

EFHatch
08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
we throw in the g2 integra axles and have had no problems with them so far. it might be as simple as that.

racin_jayson
08-06-2005, 05:18 PM
thanks guys, I'm gonna do just that, im sick of having to clean up my bearings off the road :rofl:

eur0
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
haha, what does a b16 ef run in the 1/4 if you have run before?

racin_jayson
08-07-2005, 05:26 PM
not sure of mine yet, i have been meaning to get out on friday nights to race city, but i havent gone yet..... soon, but i have heard that they run high 14's or low 15's on stock engines, i'd like to see what mine will do