PDA

View Full Version : Chev 1500 Problems

Pee_Sack
08-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, I realise this is a tuner forum and it's probably not the best place to post this question but any input would be greatly helpful.

I have a 1989 Chevy 1500 with 301xxxkms on it. Routine oil changes every 5000kms since day one. All fluids are always kept up and its not driven "too hard".

Anyways to my problem. About a week ago I was driving home and my oil prossure gage shot right up on meto the point where I cant even see the orange marker anymore. I wasn't far from home so as soon as I got home I checked all my oil and it was full. I waited a bit for my engine to cool down and my oil level was still in operating range. I checked my other fluids which all were fine. I changed the oil and filter and everything and the problem still is there. The truck still runs perfectly fine and doesn't seem any different at all, but its something I would like fixed. If anyone has any ideas on what can be wrong? Or what I can do to fix it I would be very happy.

Also on the same truck my fuel gage has never worked since I bought it. The old owner told me it's just the sensor fell off? I was wondering if that is possible, or if the sensor is totaly screwed? Also how hard is it to remove the gas pan and fix something like this?

I'm hoping to get these fixed asap so I can sell my truck and buy a nice car.

Any input would by muchly appreciated.

If anyone has a better idea of a place for me to post this, please tell me.

Thanks Everyone.
Dillon

anothers10
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
hey how much do you want for the truck. sell it to me and buy yourself a car

ozzman3
11-28-2005, 01:35 AM
your oil pressure sender is screwed. it's quite common on older chevy's. same with the gas gauge. the sender is also gone. the sending units are cheap, but the tank sender requires some finess and time to put in though.

Patt08
04-11-2006, 11:24 PM
also wat could be wrong, i also have a 1989 chev 1500. Your guages coudl be fucked, well the gas guage that is. Try taking apart your dash, and seeing if the plugs on the gas guage are messed( by messed i mean bent, or missing a prong liek mine was ? how the fuk that happened i dont know). Takign the gas guage off is as simple has pulling it out, and removing some screws. Everything in the dash jsut pops off. I ghad the same problem with my truck, my guages are the old style, liek most 89's have so i jsut went to a junk yard, piked up a gas guage and took my old one out, tehn replaced it. Worked fine since. Takes about 15-20 minutes to take your dash apart.

Supa Dexta
04-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah had an 88, it did the same thing.. drove it for yrs like that as it was beat anyways.... If I were I'd just print one out and tape it on, all is well again.. ha