PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1990 Nissan 240sx

dymz999
08-06-2005, 06:19 PM
After thinking about this for a good week now, i'm deciding to sell my car. The quick point here, the block will need to be replaced. The piston rings on two cylinders are messed up causing the engine to run like garbage. With all the extras and goodies here well i think its a fair deal for anyone. For the record, this 240sx for the later years models is likely one of the lowest mileage ones in canada and heck north america for that matter. there are just over 110,000 km's on the body and there was just under 30k under the motor when the disaster happened.

Pictures are below. Here are all the parts that come with the engine, all parts on the engine are less than a year old.

1992 Nissan Silvia Redtop Motorset (needs block replaced)
brand new redtop valve cover
polished stainless steel coilpack cover
Upgraded T28 turbo (support 300whp)
stainless steel braided oil feed, drain and coolant feed and drain lines.
Greddy turbo outlet
Stainless steel 3" downpipe
Magnaflow 3" stainless steel pre-muffler
Polished turbo intake piping
5 zigen rocket catback exhaust
Greddy Front mount intercooler kit
Polished hotpipe with apexi twin chamber blow off valve
Tokico blue struts
H&R lowering springs
Flexalite low profile dual 12" fans
Griffin 2 core radiator
samco silicone radiator hoses
polished signal auto radiator cooling panel (VERY RARE!!!)
Greddy profec B spec II boost controller
Greddy multi switching system (digital fan controller)
boost, air/fuel, oil pressure, oil temp and water temp gauges by autometer
B&M sport shifter
enjukuracing aluminum 1 piece driveshaft (weights 1/3 the stock piece and will lower drag on engine, kinda like a lightweight flywheel)
OBX strut tower bars (front polished, rear red)
Nismo power brace
Urathene Transmission mount (firm as hell)
Greddy aluminum oilpan (holds 1 litre more and has baffles)
Walbro 255/litre fuel pump (wired with aftermarket relay)
Sony CD deck
Sony 9" speakers
Compustart two way AM car alarm.
Many of the sensors on this engine are new, or were just replaced such as TPS, MAFS, CTS, CAS and more. All one needs to do is swap out the block. I myself would but being as we are moving to a new home soon i have no garage space nor time to do this. Ive owned this car for man nearly 6 years now.

Now then on to the body mods. the car is equipped with a OEM nissan japan urathene 180sx Type X body kit. This alone would cost you around $2,000 USD to get, extremely rare and pricey. Rear brake light has been shaved as well. the paint on the car is two months old and cost just a little under $5,000 to get done by national collision. color is BMW imola red II. Car also has type x tail lights with the rare RPS 13 middle insert piece. I've put way more into the car than i'm asking.

I'm looking to get $15,000 for the car, complete as it is with the screwd engine, well its not totally screwd i mean you can drive it but after 3,500 rpm the car has no power, icky. You could probably get a new engine from jdm source for less than $1,000 after parting out the engine on ebay!

Option B, i will sell the shell of the car for $12,000 aka no motor and stuff like that. For somebody that has the time to do the work it would be more than worth it. If the engine was normal the car would be worth closer to $20,000.

I am 100% firm on these prices as it is way less than i've put into the car and much less than it would cost you to even do half of the stuff. A couple pics are below. if interested please pm me or email me at [email protected]. I know i'm probably forgetting some of the mods to the car as there are way to many to remember.

http://www.uoweb.net/newcar.jpg

http://www.uoweb.net/car.jpg

dymz999
08-06-2005, 06:57 PM
forgot to mention this. There is uhmmm zero to little rust on the car. Well practically none under at all. Just a side note on it, never winter driven...

Idratherbsidewayz
08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Parting with anything?

teknical
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
im also interested in a few parts as well.

ninjak84
08-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
Tokico blue struts
H&R lowering springs
polished signal auto radiator cooling panel (VERY RARE!!!)
type x tail lights

I'm interested in these parts if you consider parting....
I can do OEM parts + cash for the suspension and lights.

dymz999
08-06-2005, 08:48 PM
no no i wouldn't part the car out totally. i would only be parting out the engine as it would be going. i'm either going to sell the car complete or do an RB25 swap later this year. The rest of the car the body and such would stay in tact.

I'd be willing to sell the car is less the boost controller and greddy mss for $500 less. I think the price is really fair considering how much it would cost a person to do something like this. The paint, the body, low mileage 240 and all, kinda nuts right. I mean the body kit, paint, lights and rims with new tires not to mention are worth around $9,000 not including what has to be one of the best bodied 240's around.

We'll see so far there are a couple people interested in the car as is but we'll see. If i part the engine out though, here are some prices to consider, all in CDN.

T28 turbo, greddy turbo outlet, braided steel lines, polished aluminum intake, properly welded aluminum hotpipe outlet - $825

Intercooler (which is polished) with piping and hotpipe with apexi twin chamber blow off valve - $780

Driveshaft - $420

What is funny, is that if someone went to jdm source they could buy a good block for $1,000 and swap it in and have a fully functional awesome as hell car for a good price. I mean one must really appreciate the car, the number of times i've seen people stare at the car is unreal, and i'm not just talking about guys!!! LOL.

teknical
08-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Im interested in the RPS13 garnish, and possibly the T28 setup.