PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems (92 civic dx)

eur0
08-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I figured i might aswell post here before taking it into Honda but heres my story...

I got an engine swap done at the end of last summer. When I got the car back I noticed that some of the interior lights were not working and thought nothing of it as it wasnt anything major. About a week ago my brake lights stopped working, ok so I figure something electrical. I look at the fuse panel and there is a fuse for dash/tail lights. But for some reason there is a 30A where it should be a 10A fuse. I switch it out but it didnt seem to solve anything. Seeing how both my brake and interior lights are not working it must be some kind of wiring issue? I checked the current going through the fuse panel and sure enough, there wasnt any. I take it there is a wiring issue between the battery and the fuse box? Could there be any other reasoning?

Supa Dexta
08-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes, you need to look into it before the fuse panel... Also a 30 amp won't stop it from working, it just won't protect it the way it should...

Hrmm what can I make up here:

Look at a fuse like a bridge kind of, say on the other side of the bridge it can only handle a touch over 10tons (amps for a fuse) you don't want a 30ton truck going to a parking lot that will only hold 10, so as a saftey feature you make that bridge only able to hold 10tons (amps) anything more and the bridge fails, protecting your new parking lot... Yes if there was a 30ton bridge, the trucks have no problem going over the bridge itself, but once it gets to the other side, your parking lot is fucked..

You can also look at it like water pipes:

you need water getting to your taps (interior lights in this case) if theres no water at the fuse panel (distribution center) go back to the water tower (battery) and follow it's route till you find where the pipe (wire) stops flowing, then if you get it to that spot in the fuse panel and the lights still don't work, keep following along the pipes, fixing it along the way..

People get all nervous when it comes to electricity, because they can't actually see it, they see what happens when it works... Same as your water pipes, you can't see it comming but when you turn on your taps, whoop there it is....

:poosie: