PDA

View Full Version : *warning to all cars with mods*

Genjuro
08-07-2005, 02:08 AM
looks like the cops are getting bored or something..

My brother ( who drives a 1995 eagle talon tsi with yes..mods ) got pulled over yesterday by an older police officer (40-50ish) for: "a modded car that has a muffler that comes out too far." lol yeah ok its a big hks exhaust but no way in hell does it come out "far".... yeah 150 bucks.
the cop also told him that he could have gave him another ticket for " Anything that is not stock that came out of the dealership" so basicly if you have anything thats not stock? a sticker even? yeah. rims? yes... etc.

so just a heads up.. dont speed or give them any reason to pull you over cause they will get you good.
now my brothers gonna fight this cause its total bullshit but yea they might as well pull over 75 percent of drivers in calgary hey?

good thing he had his windows rolled down also.. thats another 200 bucks the piggy said.

thanks for your time.

Hollywood
08-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Bah.

Nothing new, exhaust tickets have been happening 4 years.

:whocares:

djayz
08-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Bah.

Nothing new, exhaust tickets have been happening 4 years.

:whocares:

:werd:
some cops just wont like it other will let it slip by
not everyone is going to get pulled over your brother just had bad luck

illeagle
08-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Maybe he hates DSM's?:dunno:

A790
08-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Was he driving like a dick?

I've never had an issue with cops in any of my modded rides (91 Civic, 92 Talon, 99 SiR, 90 Silvia).

Hell, I even wave sometimes when they pass me and they usually smile and wave back. Maybe it's the "Back your blue" sticker I had on the car for a while :dunno:

EK 2.0
08-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
Maybe he hates DSM's?:dunno:

agreed haha...or your brother brought undue attention to himself.

old&slow
08-07-2005, 08:25 AM
You people who insist on the "brought attention to himself" are gonna get yours as well. Just a matter of time!

That is sometimes the case and but I am guessing it's just the individual cop on a given day and it dont much matter what your doing. Kinda like being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So when you get pulled over and ticketed I hope you can suck it up and not cry about being targeted unfairly.

What goes around comes around!! ;)

jdmakkord
08-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by old&slow
You people who insist on the "brought attention to himself" are gonna get yours as well. Just a matter of time!

That is sometimes the case and but I am guessing it's just the individual cop on a given day and it dont much matter what your doing. Kinda like being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So when you get pulled over and ticketed I hope you can suck it up and not cry about being targeted unfairly.

What goes around comes around!! ;)

Welcome to the world of modifying cars. If a box says for off road use only.......get a clue.

lastprodigy
08-07-2005, 09:00 AM
shitty luck but it sure aint nothing new!:repost:

Supa Dexta
08-07-2005, 09:20 AM
cjay was going on about how they are going to be targeting front tint a lot more now too.... Which they shot off about, how you can drive around with plasitc for windows but you can't have tint, which is functional, and a lot less dangerous in any way you look at it...

:rolleyes:

AcuraTl
08-07-2005, 10:01 AM

nah the cops arent bored, the donuts are sufficing them :D

gen2teggy
08-07-2005, 10:14 AM
haha had that happend to me at a check stop
some 40-50ish year old cop...stoped me
gave me a exhust ticket,
clear conner
amber lights...he stops me n there were more modded car then mine

Lo)2enz0
08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I never had problems in the 240sx. I know cops would follow me and watch me but thats as far as it went. as long as you don't speed and you obey the rules of the road you will not have problems with cps.

gen2teggy
08-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
I never had problems in the 240sx. I know cops would follow me and watch me but thats as far as it went. as long as you don't speed and you obey the rules of the road you will not have problems with cps.

hmm i wish haha

GTS Jeff
08-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
I never had problems in the 240sx. I know cops would follow me and watch me but thats as far as it went. as long as you don't speed and you obey the rules of the road you will not have problems with cps. :werd: :werd: :werd:

I often drive like a jackass and sometimes a cop might see me braking hard for a red light or something like that. The cops NEVER pull you over instantly, they'll start inconspicuously following you from a distance, waiting for you to do more shit. When I notice the cop car, I just drive PERFECT, doing exactly the speed limit, 2 second stops at stop signs, stopping right at stop lines, signalling well in advance, etc. They'll just follow me around for a few minutes then go away.

I've never ever gotten mod. tickets even though I do drive like a jerk. The trick for me is to drive like an angel as long as I see a cop car and of course, to always be on the lookout for cop cars. :)

Mad$ella
08-07-2005, 11:17 AM
I rolled right past three cops yesterday and I had the car mostly jacked up with the big shinning 20s, the officers stared but none of them pulled me over. 20s are definatly not stock...

gen2teggy
08-07-2005, 11:22 AM
yesterday i rolled bye 5 cops
they quicky got in the cars...n followed me. 2 of them pulled in front of me...forcing me to pull over.
they broke my window...pulled me out...n asked for my insurince...after everything was clear...they let me go :thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
08-07-2005, 11:41 AM
wow buddy, it would take alot for a cop to have to use force like that.

crap my car only my tach works. Its not hard to stay out of trouble. Just don't go driving around like a total jackass. Its better to start before you get in a car crash, like me, when I was 16 I was powerslidding a taurus all the time until one day the tire blew and I launched into a sign.

Just take your time when your driving cause you aren't driving in the grand prix. cops only issue tickets to people with mods when they are pissed off and they want to screw you over cause they couldn't get you for speeding.

Aleks
08-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Never had issues with cops. They usually look over and smile LOL, especially the female ones :poosie: . My exhaust looks stock though so maybe that's why.

Genjuro
08-07-2005, 11:53 AM
nah guys... my bro drives like an old lady... lol i have to tell him to step on it sometimes when im in his car with him.

but yeah its probably nothing new... but it just pisses me off how the pigs are now..
i've seen so many things that they've done for No reason at all.. like turning of the lights and get through a red light... JUST to get to the next red light then he turned it off.

oh and another thing.. on 14th street last night i pulled up to a silvia with a chick driver in it with her bf i think. 3 cops pulled over 2 cars on the other side cause of an accedent i think. anyways the silvia and i started to drag a lil bit.. then floored it and i saw the cops just looking....... did nothing lol..
yeah it was stupid to do... but fun to see the faces of the cops.

rmk
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by old&slow

haha, then we'll get to read one of their threads bitching about it ;)

i pulled thru a checkstop last night by the tsuu tina reserve and the cops had to of heard us for a good 5 minutes before the car was in sight :D they took a look at everything, but didn't ticket.. it really depends on how much respect you give them, and the mood of the copper at the time.. some of them need more medication for their mad mood swings :) :poosie:

schurchill39
08-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
oh and another thing.. on 14th street last night i pulled up to a silvia with a chick driver in it with her bf i think. 3 cops pulled over 2 cars on the other side cause of an accedent i think. anyways the silvia and i started to drag a lil bit.. then floored it and i saw the cops just looking....... did nothing lol..
yeah it was stupid to do... but fun to see the faces of the cops.

Stuff like that will get you a ticket its only a matter of time. So unless you can afford the $402 stunting ticket and the demerits to go along with it I suggest you take it to the track

AllGoNoShow
08-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Both my exhaust pipes aren't stock, definatly aren't quiet, aren't the same size, aren't hung right, nothing is right on them. Have yet to get one ticket or even bugged about it. I've had cops pass me, I've followed cops, sat beside them at lights, no issues.

Genjuro
08-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

Stuff like that will get you a ticket its only a matter of time. So unless you can afford the $402 stunting ticket and the demerits to go along with it I suggest you take it to the track

yeah yeah i know.. i dont do it often enough to take it to the track anyways. plus i already said it was stupid.

JordanLotoski
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
i onced got pulled over for my exhaust, and the cop said those wheels are illegal.(19 inch).i said give me a ticket ill make sure to fight it....i pointed at a porsche with factory 19's. he was kind of stumped..let me off with a warning.

Arthur Dent
08-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh I can't wait until I have my Locost Seven (homebuilt Lotus Seven replica) on road - the cops won't know what to make of it!

Leb_Rs
08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Mad$ella lol ur lucky my friend lol if i had that car like i said no license lol ahahha but i got a dsm so :P

Phy
08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
haha had that happend to me at a check stop
some 40-50ish year old cop...stoped me
gave me a exhust ticket,
clear conner
amber lights...he stops me n there were more modded car then mine

Typical cop response to that last complaint:
"Ever go fishing, sir?"
"Yeah...?"
"Ever catch all the fish?"

HTN SWCHS
08-12-2005, 09:06 AM
yesterday i rolled bye 5 cops
they quicky got in the cars...n followed me. 2 of them pulled in front of me...forcing me to pull over.
they broke my window...pulled me out...n asked for my insurince...after everything was clear...they let me go :thumbsup:

are you asian by chance???

Moonracer
08-12-2005, 09:08 AM
I get cops stalking me all the time. They see the car and move up to my blind spot thinking I might not see them and do something stupid. :rolleyes:

atomic
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
hehe my exhaust is full 3" back including the mufflers . but my tip IS the pipe . so i never get haslted :)

http://atomic.speculation.org/Graphics/ZX3%20Pics/Exhaust_3_Inch/DSC03802.JPG

Toms-SC
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Cops hate ricers, what more is there to say?

heavyD
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Cops hate ricers, what more is there to say?

Exactly. Just because they are cops, doesn't mean that they can't have good taste. If I was a cop I would ticket some of the fart can ricers out there too. Really if the exhaust can wake up the neighborhood yet only yield a 5hp gain to a 127hp civic, do we really need its noise pollution? I don't think so.:closed:

Moonracer
08-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Exactly. Just because they are cops, doesn't mean that they can't have good taste. If I was a cop I would ticket some of the fart can ricers out there too. Really if the exhaust can wake up the neighborhood yet only yield a 5hp gain to a 127hp civic, do we really need its noise pollution? I don't think so.:closed:

If I were a cop and was out to give noise tickets I wouldn't be bothered with the fart cans. I'd be going after the fuckin harley's with a twice as loud exhaust. Those bastards fricken defen you and knock pictures off the walls. :guns:

heavyD
08-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

If I were a cop and was out to give noise tickets I wouldn't be bothered with the fart cans. I'd be going after the fuckin harley's with a twice as loud exhaust. Those bastards fricken defen you and knock pictures off the walls. :guns:

Yeah but those Harely's are fast and came from the factory loud.

Toma
08-12-2005, 12:34 PM
This battle over modded cars is gonna get nasty soon....

The kit car guys were losing, until they took it to court and won, and apparantly under the Canadian charter of rights a citizen of this country cannot be stopped from building his (or Her) own car or modifying it.

So, as long as it passes a provincial safety, they can go fuck themselves, but SOMEONE is gonna have to take em to court again over our "hot rods".

Bottom line is, they have given cops a blank check to write to pull anything out of their asses if they "don't like you", and no matter how some of you fucking retards justify it.... IT'S WRONG to do.

Unchecked power is always wrong. There needs to be a REASON for the rules, and you cant have double standards (like factory tint is ok, but aftermarket they can tow you for having). They need SPECIFIC guidelines, like more then x amount is illegal, or over 95 db is too loud etc.... not some "it is my opinion that its too loud.... BS" :bullshit:

Don't let your freedoms slip away cause your OPINION is that some people deserve tickets....

gen2teggy
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

are you asian by chance???

yep

Moonracer
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Yeah but those Harely's are fast and came from the factory loud.

lol does it really matter how fast they are? Those things are still twice as loud no matter the reason.

Moonracer
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Unchecked power is always wrong. There needs to be a REASON for the rules, and you cant have double standards (like factory tint is ok, but aftermarket they can tow you for having). They need SPECIFIC guidelines, like more then x amount is illegal, or over 95 db is too loud etc.... not some "it is my opinion that its too loud.... BS" :bullshit:

Don't let your freedoms slip away cause your OPINION is that some people deserve tickets.... [/B]

heavyD
08-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Don't let your freedoms slip away cause your OPINION is that some people deserve tickets....

You are such an idiot.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gen2teggy
08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
ohoh i got another storie
me n the gf ate at dennys at the end of 16th ave
at the lights where u turn left onto 16th...there was a cop down down 16th to center. He was the only car there....behind me was a car full of white kids....beside me was another white man....then we turned left....i c my rear view mirror....the cop does a u-turn...the white man beside me is speeding like a mad man...so r the kids that were behind me. The cop pulls rite behind me n pulls me over
he gave me a amber tail light ticket
but he got my name worng HAHAHHAHA sucka!

heavyD
08-12-2005, 12:47 PM
ohoh i got another storie
me n the gf ate at dennys at the end of 16th ave
at the lights where u turn left onto 16th...there was a cop down down 16th to center. He was the only car there....behind me was a car full of white kids....beside me was another white man....then we turned left....i c my rear view mirror....the cop does a u-turn...the white man beside me is speeding like a mad man...so r the kids that were behind me. The cop pulls rite behind me n pulls me over
he gave me a amber tail light ticket
but he got my name worng HAHAHHAHA sucka!

You sure showed those white people.:thumbsup:

mroseneder
08-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Cops that are following you are usually running your plate and name through CPIC to see if you have a CNI or a warrant ;) If they fuck off, you ran clear.

As for mods... my bike is HELLA loud and I've only been stopped on it once -- and that was to get a warning about not wearing a leather jacket... I guess roadrash hurts and the cops in this city pride themselves on protecting my ass from roadrash.

As for the racing and the 402 dollar ticket, there is actually a racing ticket. it's the same price and the same demerits. And they can slap you with careless/wreckless driving for accelerating at an unreasonable rate AND a speeding ticket if you cross the speed limit. That would amount to anywhere from 9 to 12 demerits and a mandatory court experience... Owch.

frostyda9
08-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm a white guy that drives a car with absolutely no tint. As much as I hate to say it, I think both of those factors probably make the cops less prone to pull me over. In 4 years of owning the car I've never been hassled without good reason.

jhmed
08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I got pulled over at a checkstop in my RHD and they didn't seem to give 2 shits... he asked if I'd been drinking and I said no (I wasn't), and he laughed and he asked me if I was sure, because I'd 'gotten in the wrong side of the car'. I explained I get into whatever side the steering wheel is on, we laughed and he sent me on my way.

I've had 3 or 4 incidents like that with Calgary's cops (no matter what I've been driving), and they seem to be pretty good if you treat them with respect...

... even those times when I was doing things I shouldn't. ;)

sexualbanana
08-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Like someone stated earlier in this thread; the boxes do say "For off-road use only" for a reason. It's not like a 4' aluminum spoiler on a Civic. It does serve a purpose.

People who modify their cars know that almost any modification you do to your car is illegal. It's a simple fact of life, and you should learn to accept that. You've technically already committed an infraction, so really it's almost a matter of time before you do get caught.

This brings me to my next point. I find that this argument is often quite ironic. Afterall, why do most people modify their cars? To get attention. So why is it that people complain when they get the attention of police officers? Are they not allowed to notice your candy red paint with gold pearl? Are they to be completely oblivious to the loud farting sound coming from what should be an economy car?

I agree with Toma though in that the police's guidelines for determining what to ticket is very vague, and the decision to issue a ticket is often determined by the mood of the officer. That's very sketchy, and I think more stringent guidelines need to be developed. Afterall, an exhaust sound over 95db is excessive, but unless all officers are equipped and trained to operate a noise measuring device, it's left up to their own judgement.

Godfuader
08-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Phy

Typical cop response to that last complaint:
"Ever go fishing, sir?"
"Yeah...?"
"Ever catch all the fish?"

:werd: Thats a very typical response so I dont even bother pointing out some one else's issues.

mshaw
08-14-2005, 01:18 PM

You are such an idiot.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha:nut:

dubz240
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
stupid pigs.....they have nothing better to do than to bother kids who have a hobby of modding cars..we could be street rats smokin crack and huffin gas.. then the pigs wouldnt bother us..

sexualbanana
08-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dubz240
stupid pigs.....they have nothing better to do than to bother kids who have a hobby of modding cars..we could be street rats smokin crack and huffin gas.. then the pigs wouldnt bother us..

Stupid pigs, they have nothing better to do than to bother those of us that havea hobby of smoking crack. we should become street racers. then they won't bother us at all.

:bullshit:

Projek01
08-14-2005, 10:17 PM
it all depends on your luck and what mood the cop is in. once i crossed a yellow light and he gave me a ticket. i didnt even have space to stop.