PDA

View Full Version : 94 Toyota Supra or 91-2001 Acura Nsx?

eNeRgY
08-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Which one would you choose? Which is more rare?

A790
08-07-2005, 07:18 AM
The Supra. Twin turbo, more power, more speed... more recognition.

The NSX is an amazing machine, but doesn't come close to the cult following of the Supra.

crazyning
08-07-2005, 07:39 AM
I would choose the NSX, although I've seen more of them around than the Supra.

Hard decision to make though...lots of money.

403Gemini
08-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by crazyning
I would choose the NSX, although I've seen more of them around than the Supra.

Hard decision to make though...lots of money.

exactally, people who know enugh about cars, respect the supra when they see it (not that they dont respect the nsx, just i find those gen supras are RARE, thers a orange one in the SW with black carbon fibre i see every week or so, amazing car!)

JAYMEZ
08-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I would go for the Supra , just make sure you get a stock one.. But good luck finding one , i am still looking for a good one from the states.

MiG_Master
08-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I would take the NSX over the Supra any day. Especially the fact that in a few months you can get a RHD Honda NSX for about the same price as a nice 94 Supra, and considerably cheaper than an equivalent NSX here.

trikypenguin
08-07-2005, 12:54 PM
SUPRA TT

schurchill39
08-07-2005, 12:57 PM
If you want an NSX i suggest waiting until they can be imported for cheeper then you can get them here. Not that I dont like the super i just find the NSX very sexy.

Nalgene
08-07-2005, 01:01 PM
If its a Supra Twin Turbo... the Supra. If not the NSX. And this coming from a Honda lover ;)

SteveMo600
08-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MiG_Master
I would take the NSX over the Supra any day. Especially the fact that in a few months you can get a RHD Honda NSX for about the same price as a nice 94 Supra, and considerably cheaper than an equivalent NSX here.

I don't think that's quite correct. The NSX's in Japan are still really quality cars and hold their value extremely well. I can just about guarantee that a RHD imported NSX will run you significantly more than a 94 Supra TT when they are able to be imported.

MiG_Master
08-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Assuming that a good condition 94 Supra TT runs between 35,000 to 40,000 dollars, I know of an immaculate condition 90 Yellow NSX with 63,000 original kms that would have sold here for around 29,000 - 33,000 dollars. I say would have becuase a British buyer snapped it up before we could.

Gravy_83
08-07-2005, 01:32 PM
sorry to say but the supra not really in the same class as the nsx. the nsx is like a 120,000 car when bought new and the supra far from it even new and it needs 2 turbos to make power whereas the nsx is na. slap a supercharger on the nsx and go have fun whomping most cars on the road. Anyways I just think the supra is way over rated and it's a fat pig of a car anyways.

CryoCarnage
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra supra
then again, i can be a little biased :D

eNeRgY
08-07-2005, 02:58 PM
i want to buy an NSX but its pretty expensive for a 91 - 94 i was hoping to find one in the $30,000 range, if its more then that i rather go finance a Infiniti G35 lol.

asp integra
08-07-2005, 04:54 PM
supra, no question

Redlyne_mr2
08-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
sorry to say but the supra not really in the same class as the nsx. the nsx is like a 120,000 car when bought new and the supra far from it even new and it needs 2 turbos to make power whereas the nsx is na. slap a supercharger on the nsx and go have fun whomping most cars on the road. Anyways I just think the supra is way over rated and it's a fat pig of a car anyways.
Are you kidding me?Slap a supercharger on the NSX and thats the most hp youre going to see out of the car without doing some serious internal work. Get rid of the 2 turbos on the Supra, slap on one big one with some supporting mods and you can hit 700whp without opening up the engine. And fat pig? Have you ever driven one? A properly setup supra will destroy an nsx on the track all day long.

They are both 2 very very very different cars for different people. You want huge hp potention get the supra, you want good looks and pure na driving get the NSX.

Hollywood
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Both respectable cars, despite liking the NSX, the old ones are staring to look a tad dated. Supra...not dated yet.

Since you said you are financing, now maintenece plays a role. Supra will have cheaper parts due to the aftermarket competition. NSX will be pricy to fix and you will be stuck spending money at the stealership with thier inflated part prices.

90Tegra
08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
nsx not even close. if u are lookin for 93+ supras i suggest u find a stock na one than slap a big turbo onto there and u got urself a 600+ whp car without any mods done to ur engine. most people usually tak out the twin turbos and slap one big ass turbo.

theken
08-07-2005, 09:48 PM
nsx's are so overrated ons super overpriced i wouldnt buy one ever, supras are the shit

MrPid
08-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83

The only way the NSX outclassed it was in price...

The bottom line is that there wasn't enough juice there to justify the engineering hype, styling, and the fat price tag that went with it. Kind of a disappointment...

Supra was an absolute bargain in comparison. Supercharge the NSX all you want but with bolt ons and stock internals at 700hp, the Supra will run circles around it all day.

I don't know about the styling fat pig thing but I would say the Supra's styling hasn't dated nearly as badly as the NSX's. Just look at the front ends - the NSX is all angular and has popups which even Corvette abandoned which used to be a huge deal to them. The Supra's curvy and has headlight covers like most cars these days do....

BerserkerCatSplat
08-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Much as I think the NSX is a sweet car, from a value-per-dollar perspective, I'd take the Supra. It may not be as eye-catching as the NSX, but by all accounts it responds great to mods and looks great to boot.

Plus, with all the idiot Calgary drivers, I'd be afraid to drive the NSX, which has aluminum body panels. $$$$$!!

HondaRice
08-08-2005, 12:21 AM
if you want a fairly common car, but with expensive parts, with cool looks, buy nsx

if you want a smooth and very soild car that is very uncommon (we all have seen lambos, ferraris, vipers in calgary) buy a supra.

you have to keep in mind, the Supra is a Toyota, everything is Toyota about it, the reliablity and quality. if you need factory bumpers, mint leather interiors, they are on ebay next to nothing.

if another company like Dodge or whatever, made the supra, with the exact same look, but with their materials, no one would want the supra, the supra represents toyota, quality, relaiblity and safety. those m*****fu**** at toyota over engineered many of their cars, expically the supras, notice the metals they use???

http://www.seducemail.com/spaces/pics/mix.jpg

eNeRgY
08-08-2005, 12:38 AM
True, i already have a supra just wanted to know others opion.

HondaRice
08-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by eNeRgY

do a lot of people ask you questions and stare at you when you drive? does it feel cool to have the same car from the fast and furious that saved the world?

nhlfan
08-08-2005, 04:08 AM
nsx, because its a supercar compared to a powerful car.

tapout
08-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
supra, no question :werd:

Redlyne_mr2
08-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Are you driving the windless supra thats silver with a kit?

finboy
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
nsx = $6000 1/4 panel
any body work will cost a ton, and they aren't exactly fast

supra, hands down

HondaRice
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by nhlfan
nsx, because its a supercar compared to a powerful car.

what makes the nsx a supercare but not the supra?

JAYMEZ
08-08-2005, 11:59 AM
^^^ its price :rofl:

I would just stick with the supra dude.

dj_honda
08-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Are you driving the windless supra thats silver with a kit?

yep, and iirc on some bling ass volk gt-c's.

eNeRgY
08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice

do a lot of people ask you questions and stare at you when you drive? does it feel cool to have the same car from the fast and furious that saved the world?
i got alot of old people ask me what kind of car is that and no i don't feel cool, its nice to have a nice car for a change, all my life i have shitty ass cars to cruise with.

Wildcat
08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
single turbo supra > all

with overnight parts from japan of course

haku
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
nsx looks better :guns:

heavyD
08-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by HondaRice
if you want a fairly common car, but with expensive parts, with cool looks, buy nsx

Yeah NSX's outnumber Civics in my neighborhood too.:rolleyes: Obviously they are about as common as the cells that occupy your brain. Last I heard the NSX had the highest owner satisfaction of all cars on the last decade of Road & Track's owner surveys as well as least number of trips to the dealership just ahead of the Lexus LS400 series. Honda's are every bit as reliable as Toyotas.

BTW: I would probably choose the NSX but I would have to drive both extensively to make the choice as I also lust to have a Supra TT.

Wildcat
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Last I heard the NSX had the highest owner satisfaction of all cars on the last decade of Road & Track's owner surveys as well as least number of trips to the dealership just ahead of the Lexus LS400 series.

its called denial. if i spent that much on a car, id pretend to like it too.

heavyD
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
its called denial. if i spent that much on a car, id pretend to like it too.

Well until you purchase something a bit more pricey than a 95 Camaro you'll never know what denial is.:poosie:

asp integra
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
supra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FiveFreshFish
08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Which one would you choose?

Drive them both. Then you'll know.