PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Ticket

kthree
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Let me first state that I have not got a traffic ticket for about 6 or 7 years now. I drive a Corolla and I hardly ever speed. Today, I wanted to mow the law but my lawnmower ran out of gas. So I went to a nearby gas station to get some gas when a cop pulled me over. I was driving on the right lane, obeying the speed limit and such, and the gas station was on the right side of the road after a busy intersection. He wrote me a ticket for disobeying a sign (it says right lane must exit but they have recently expanded the road- they have no right lane after the intersection before, hence the sign) because only buses are allowed to drive in this right lane past the intersection. He told me I should have cut out to the left then cut back into the right lane AFTER the intersection in order to enter the gas station (which apparently no one ever does for obvious reasons).

It was a sunny and clear day, and there was quite a bit of traffic around.

He also got the make of my car wrong on the ticket (stating that it is a Honda).

Any thoughts? Would there be a plea bargain if I go to court since it is not a speeding ticket?

Canmorite
08-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Explain what you just told us to the court, the first bit.

old&slow
08-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Wrong place wrong time!

FiveFreshFish
08-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by kthree
Would there be a plea bargain if I go to court since it is not a speeding ticket?
There should provision to argue your case, unless Ontario traffic court is vastly different than Alberta's.

JAYMEZ
08-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Yah explain , maybe take a picture of the road you are talking about ? This one looks like you could fight it easily.. And he made a careless mistake on the ticket..

mroseneder
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Go on your court date and argue it with the Crown. They may withdraw the charge. Also, take a drawing of the scene with you and a street map of the location. If you have a digital camera, take some distance pictures.

Double check and see if that sign is gone now too ;)