PDA

View Full Version : Car care ...Kinda...!

old&slow
08-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I was wondering where I can go to find a cutting paste to remove a fair amount of incredibly stubborn tree sap.
It's been on the car for months(all over) and I have tried Methal Hydrate, which helped on the windows, Goo Gone,
WD 40, Varosol and other household cleaners.

I now want to try a cutting compound from like a body shop to cut the dam stuff off! Not too worried about the finish anymore. Just wanna beat this crap! :)

tnx for any info!

yohan4ws
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Did you try claybar already?

old&slow
08-07-2005, 09:02 PM
No I never tried claybar but considering what I have tried do u think it's worth it?

pyro
08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
claybar worked for me pretty good

calgarygts
08-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Odds are if it was on the car for that long you will not be able to get the marks out of the paint. You should be able to get your hands on 3m products through local paint supplies shops, they have a good product line for what you need. You can find meguire's scratchX at crappy tire, that would be good for spot polishing by hand. You can also find mineral spirits (I would give this a try) at crappy tire. Just use a cotton swap and hold it on the sap for a half a minute to soften it up before trying to wipe it off. Just don't go crazy, this stuff isn't the best for you paint.

old&slow
08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I used a cleaner/cutter wax from crappy tire. Meguire's!
It didnt work. I need something to cut deeper/harder

calgarygts
08-08-2005, 12:18 PM
There's a lot of crap at canadian tire, including some meguire's stuff. Anyways, use mineral spirits and cotton swabs, if that doesn't get it I don't know what you can do. You'll want to use the polish after getting the sap off, not use it to get the sap off.

yohan4ws
08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
wet sand should be the next course of action.

you should checkout Meguiar's online forums, http://www.meguiarsonline.com

they have lots of write ups and before/after pictures.

it's a great resource for anybody who wants a swirl free shine or just wants to use the proper product on their car.

as well, they have write ups that show blemishes and flaws in the paint from things that you are experiencing.

old&slow
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Thnx for that link!

freestyler
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
meguiars sells good products