PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong with my head!

iceburns288
08-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Lately, whenever I exercise or otherwise get my heart rate up, my head hurts. When it gets up high like in exercise (I can only get it real high for about 5 minutes before I have to stop), it hurts real bad and won't stop the worst pain for about an hour, and then I have minor pain for even longer after. Today I drove about 40 minutes to the lake to ski, got in the water and skied for 5 minutes before it hurt so bad I had to let go of the rope and come in. I came in just before 6, and my head still hurts a little.:eek:

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because pain in your head is obviously pretty serious. I'm fine with pain and a headache is no big deal, but it's just that it hurts when I increase my heart rate, so it makes me think there is something wrong with the blood flow in my head or neck. It's not that it's minor pain either; this is pain beyond my worst headache I've ever had before.

Anyone have any ideas what this is?

Tyler883
08-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Sorry, I haven't got an idea. But, I agree with you about seeing a doctor. In fact, if the doctor chalks it up as no big deal, go see another doctor. Don't accept a medical condition that hasn't been fully dianosed, right?

crazyning
08-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Does your jaw sort of ache, and it feels like your wisdom teeth are coming in, also?

Sorta have something similar to what you've described, but after I work out. I have lots of water, then it goes away.

1-Cent
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
wisdom teeth could be it, when mine came in it was somewhat like that for a while. could be serious or it could be nothing, no one here is going to be able to tell you so go see a doc

iceburns288
08-08-2005, 07:44 AM
The pain isn't in my jaw, it's in the rear left half of my neck and then all over the top half of my brain. I would think it's dehydration but I know exactly what happens to me when I get dehydrated, I did that on purpose so I can always tell when I need to. That's a different kind of headache. I also know I was hydrated because I had plenty of both water and Gatorade the day before and that morning. I had to load up for cross country practice, which has just started but I can't do now because of this...

Primer_Drift
08-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Hows your cholesterol and blood pressure? Had it checked recently?

bspot
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883
Sorry, I haven't got an idea. But, I agree with you about seeing a doctor. In fact, if the doctor chalks it up as no big deal, go see another doctor. Don't accept a medical condition that hasn't been fully dianosed, right?

Agreed. Don't f*ck around. Wednesday night, I went to the doctor because my heart felt funny. She said I was fine and wait it off. Thursday morning my heart stopped and I had a seizure :dunno:

:thumbsdow to the crowfoot medical clinic

Ben
08-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bspot

Agreed. Don't f*ck around. Wednesday night, I went to the doctor because my heart felt funny. She said I was fine and wait it off. Thursday morning my heart stopped and I had a seizure :dunno:

:thumbsdow to the crowfoot medical clinic

Woah, crazy, glad to see you still posting.