PDA

View Full Version : madden 06

d-UNiT
08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
OH SNAP

out on tuesday

anyone hyped to pick this one up.. looks to be very promising cant wait to see reviews.. ill post one after i get a good long day of playing it on tuesday!

DelSoln
08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I'll be picking it up as well. :clap:

theken
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
almost obtained, have like 2 hours left on bittorrent

iceburns288
08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I'll be waiting till this comes out for Xbox 360 to get the full upgrade that's actually worth my money:thumbsup:

CKY
08-09-2005, 12:58 AM
yes, I'm looking forward to getting it, perhaps not tomorrow because I work all day. Maybe Wednesday, someone please let me know if they fixed the screwy draft rookies stats. And can you actually run down the middle. Also, is special teams actually playable?

Even if those aren't fixed I'd probably still get it because it's the only football title left on the market, but I'd like to know before I buy it so I know what to expect

sexualbanana
08-09-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm looking forward to Superstar Mode. That will be a lot of fun. Me and my buddies here have been playing NCAA for awhile now and we just won the Heisman, so we're interested to see how he'll do in Madden.

A funny thing about the Race for the Heisman feature in NCAA is that you get a girlfriend as a freshman, but because you haven't proven yourself she's fat and ugly. But as you get better, you not only get a much better looking gf, but you get a new gf more often. :rofl:

d-UNiT
08-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by CKY
yes, I'm looking forward to getting it, perhaps not tomorrow because I work all day. Maybe Wednesday, someone please let me know if they fixed the screwy draft rookies stats. And can you actually run down the middle. Also, is special teams actually playable?

Even if those aren't fixed I'd probably still get it because it's the only football title left on the market, but I'd like to know before I buy it so I know what to expect

LOL!

you need to do the training camp minigames.. they'll teach you all of the above.. how to run up the middle, and how to kick a fieldgoal from 54yards ;)

on my way now to westbrook walmart to pick it up.. wish me luck :)

CKY
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT

LOL!

you need to do the training camp minigames.. they'll teach you all of the above.. how to run up the middle, and how to kick a fieldgoal from 54yards ;)

on my way now to westbrook walmart to pick it up.. wish me luck :)

Oh no u got me wrong. I meant that the game was designed so its not very effective running up the gut in 2005, when it should be more effective than running outside. And special teams as I returning kicks and punts, cuz I find it challenging to average over 25 yards on kicks and 15 on punt returns. I'm wondering if they made improvements over those.

DelSoln
08-10-2005, 12:26 AM
I hate the qb vision control already. It's like shining a flashlight on certain areas of the field. Looks horrible and unnatural. The precision passing is great though.

97IntegraRS
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
:werd: But so far it seems just like 05. Then again I've only been playing exhibition games. The "truck stick" feature is pretty cool lol.

d-UNiT
08-10-2005, 04:56 PM
truck stick doesnt work at all.. i think its the worst ad on this year.. the qb vision can be shut off.. but i find it to be pretty affective.. for anyone thinking about getting the game.. the review at gamespot is very good.. they gave it an 8.2 which i believe is a very fair score for this year of madden 06 due to lack of expansion and lack of overall improvement to features that should have and could have easily been improved.. i think it feels a lot like 05 in a nutshell

theken
08-11-2005, 12:59 AM
truck stick works like a dream my superstar is a pretty big RB so he plows over every db or safety i love it