PDA

View Full Version : NFL TIME!!! Who's your team and why?

JiggaMan
08-08-2005, 11:21 AM
It's that time again! Go buy 17 bouquets of flowers for each week you have to tell your girl she won't see you Sunday or Monday night.

So.. who's your team and why?

I gotta go with my Ravens! Ray Lewis has said he's going to be the first defensive MVP since Taylor.... Not sure about MVP but he will destory some people this year! The Corner combo of Deion and Samari Roll will be solid on the pass D. The D-Line needs a bit of work but I think this defence is going to turn some heads. As for the offence, Mark Clayton and Derrick Mason will make a wickid reciever corp. I think these are Boller's best downfield options since he arrived. Jamal will hopefully have a better year, so long as they keep giving him the ball.

Key to this year for the Ravens is health. They can't afford to lose players as they do not have the depth to stay competitive.

GO RAV'S!!
http://www.noirsports.net/images/2004/thumbnails/957415-l.jpg

5hift
08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
The Ravens are a good pick , although I think it will be Todd Heap who will be Boller's go to guy ( he has been for the past few years even with all those injuries). Sanders isnt that good of a corner, he has lost a lot of speed and as throughout his entire career cant really tackle. Last year he wasnt starting and only came out on nickle formations. Unless Chris McAlister left the Ravens or something, Deion will not be starting over him (McAlister made the pro - bowl the past few seasons, I think its been a decade since Sanders did).

Despite the T.O. saga and the fact that Pinkston is out for the year, I'm still stickin with my Eagles, as long as they have McNabb they will have a chance.

I just hope to god the Patriots dont win it again.

JiggaMan
08-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah Todd Heap is of course a key role, however I think their pass game will be even better with Clayton and Mason. As for Deion, i've been hearing he is doing amazing in preseason.. everything from picks to sacks (yeah! they said he has like 12 sacks!!!!) So I think we could see a little PrimeTime this year.. obviously not like he was with the Cowboys.. but I think he's still got the talent.

Agreed on the patriots... I can't wait to flame the first person that says the pats are their team. :guns:

GSR Zero
08-09-2005, 12:26 PM
The 49ers have always been my team and I'm sticking with them. To be honest I haven't really followed all that closely since the glory days of Montana, Rice, Craig, Taylor and Young. Can anyone update me?

5hift
08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by GSR Zero
The 49ers have always been my team and I'm sticking with them. To be honest I haven't really followed all that closely since the glory days of Montana, Rice, Craig, Taylor and Young. Can anyone update me?

You dont want to be updated man, Id say give the niners a good 5 years still before they can compete. You have no defense besides an all star linebacker in Peterson who does not want to play for them, no real recivers, and youve invested a lot of money into a unproven rookie QB and a overrated RB who has a case of the fumbles.

civic_stylez
08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
I am/always have been a patriots fan...i didnt jump on the dynasty bandwagon like alot of people.... i even have the drew bledsoe and terry glenn and curtis martin jerseys from the good ol days.. i find the pats play really well as a team and that thier defence will continue to shut down opposing teams this year. go pats!!!:clap:

DC2uned
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Any team BUT the Patriots is my team.:barf: :barf: :barf:
Dynasty my ass.

On that note Ray Lewis is the truth.:thumbsup:

gggunit
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
:eek: :eek: RAIDERS :eek: :eek:

and p.s the patriots are a Dynasty.. might be a boring dynasty but they are one.

v8killah
08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Minny, and the colts baby.

without moss even tho i love him minny is going to be a better team (in the lockeroom)ey will do very good this year.

and what doi i have to say about the colts... they are just pure offence and its not going to change this year.

hockeybronx
08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I fell in love with the Colts last year to fill in the time without the NHL.

I guess you say I'm on the Peyton Manning bandwagon, but I also like that Dwight Freeney guy as well.

I don't know, I'll learn a lot more about the NFL this year.

DC2uned
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
:eek: :eek: RAIDERS :eek: :eek:

and p.s the patriots are a Dynasty.. might be a boring dynasty but they are one.

Thanks tips, I know they are a dynasty, I just have a strong dislike towards the whole team.

P.S. GGGGGGGGGG UNIT!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kirbs17
08-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Im kansas city fan, I love how the always run the ball

wildrice
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna go with the titans even though they're down in the shits.
I've been with them for 4-5 years now.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-10-2005, 01:00 AM
miami baby!!

ricky's back hahaha jk

urbannomad
08-14-2005, 11:49 PM
My team is baltimore, but it definitely isn't gonna be the saints.
:rofl:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/NUA107081223_lower.jpg

theken
08-15-2005, 12:24 AM
i have liked the browns for a while someone has to cheer for them i figured it might as well be me

JiggaMan
08-15-2005, 09:01 AM
lol nice saints pic :rofl:

i'm surprised i havent heard any seattle yet...?

Mike09
08-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Raider's as well. Just have alway's been a raider fan.

v8killah
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
anyone want to start up a fantasy league?

hyperwhite
08-22-2005, 01:44 PM
im a buffalo fan cause they're only 45 minutes away from me.

K271
08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
There is no team that plays a better all round game than New England. They limit their mistakes, and exploit the mistakes and weaknesses of others. There's no other team that has players that are unselfish. Think about all those other teams, they have so many selfish players.
Philly - TO
Indy - Edgerrin James
Miami - Ricky Williams
Oakland - basically everyone... Moss, Sapp
Pittsburgh - Ward

New England has guys like Troy Brown who sacrifice playing time so his team can win. Learns to be a corner back cause his team is missing secondary players. No team has more clutch players than New England, Vinataire, Brady, Vrabel, Seymour.

No team has a better coach who knows the game.

Name a single team that is stronger in these areas than New England.

skyline19
08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Pittsburg fo so.
Rothlisberger is amazing.
oh and i've been w/ the steelers for a bout 4 years now.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
^ dont overrate him

steelers were sucessful because they are a run first defensive team. that kind of system places almost zero pressure on big ben. hes not bad tho.

K271
08-23-2005, 05:58 AM
big ben won't have as a succesful year this year. He's missing his #1 guy from last year who took off to NYC. He was helped out by the running backs who will be strong again this year but he'll be tested. As exploited in the playoffs, Ben is a big quarterback who has no mobility. Put a little pressure on him and he's done. Ben's second half was worse than his first half. More interceptions, fewer yards, shorter drives. That's the Ben you should expect to see. Who's he going to through to? Ward? That's it, after that it's Randel El who's a WR converted from quarter back.

AznDragon2004
08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Falcons and Eagles are my team.

itstrue
09-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Atlanta

Vick Vick Vick

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
a betting man would go with the Eagles, but I beleive as this will be Brett Favre's last year the Packer's will be the darkhorse that has a good chance as well.

BigDannyCool
09-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by JiggaMan
lol nice saints pic :rofl:

i'm surprised i havent heard any seattle yet...?

I'm a Seattle fan. It's a shame the receivers can't hold onto the ball. Alexander is one of the best RB's out there. They got rid of the bum Koren Robinson. Hopefully they can make it past the first round of the playoffs.

GirlsOnFire
09-09-2005, 02:59 AM
The Browns, they had a great pre-season and added some amazing talent this year.

KLCC
09-09-2005, 03:01 AM
Bill's fan, but they are always seem to have trouble with their quarter back and the fact they always manage to choke in super bowl. :nut: Hopefully, they will do better this year....and *ACTUALLY* win a superbowl :D

p.s. what happen to the *al'mighty * doug flutie?? :confused:

core_upt
09-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't think the Saints are gonna lose at home, so as long as their road game is strong, they're a shoe-in....

BigDannyCool
09-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by KLCC
Bill's fan, but they are always seem to have trouble with their quarter back and the fact they always manage to choke in super bowl. :nut: Hopefully, they will do better this year....and *ACTUALLY* win a superbowl :D

p.s. what happen to the *al'mighty * doug flutie?? :confused:
Flutie is the third string QB on the Patriots

gerrycurl21
09-11-2005, 04:50 PM
how bout make a weekly thread where we have sportsselect pics where nfl newbies like me can try to make money lol

ecstasy_civic
09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
miami baby!!

:clap: :clap:

Ive been a Dolphins fan since I was 9 and that will never change lol

They pulled off a good one today

AJL
09-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Atlanta all the way. Vick is the most interesting QB to watch in my opinion.

GSR Zero
09-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

You dont want to be updated man, Id say give the niners a good 5 years still before they can compete. You have no defense besides an all star linebacker in Peterson who does not want to play for them, no real recivers, and youve invested a lot of money into a unproven rookie QB and a overrated RB who has a case of the fumbles.

woohoo 1-0 baby! The niners are back! Ok reality check, its only one game. At least we're not going to be 0-16 this year. :dunno:

CKY
09-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Broncos is my team, but i dont think they hav what it takes yet, and they won't for a while because Plummer's aggressiveness of always throwing into tight coverage. Also they're underrated stars that makes the teams running game (Nalen, Lepsis, Rod Smith <-- yes Rod, he's an amazing run blocking WR) don't have too many years left behind them and is going downhill in abilities. So my hopes ain't no superbowl for my team, but perhaps just first in the division and at least not lose to the Colts again in the playoffs..... THAT bad...... again............. for the 3rd time......... in a row............... :banghead:

Well my non-Patriots pick would be the Colts, their biggest problem last year was defense, all they need to do is give up less yards, they're already great at forcing turnovers. With Simon as a running stopping/pass rushing addition at Tackle, they can put more man in the passing game and I have a firm believe that they might just overthrow the Pats this year.

My other pick ofcourse is the Pats, I hated them too, but you just can't go against a Bellichek ran team. Theres never internal player problems, they play like unit, not one individual takes the spotlight. Even with big missing pieces of running stopping force of Bruschi and Johnson, Billichek will still manage to make up for it. Would you've ever imagine they can shut down the opponents passing game without Law, and Poole last year? I don't think anyone did but they managed. So theres no doubting they can do it again this year.

And as much as I love the modern 46 of the Ravens i just dont see them doing it yet. Boller still can't deliver even though the weapons are there (did Tom Brady need big name recieving weapons to win the Superbowls with Pats? No), especially now with his hyperextended toe from game one :dunno: . As much as their defense shuts teams down you still need a scoring offense. Ed reed isn't going to bring an interception back every Sunday they play, neither is Ray-ray going force fumbles and make turnovers again and again until the offense finally puts points up.

Other favorites I'd begged to differ is the Eagles and Falcon. The Eagles won't do as well as they did last year not only because of the TO saga, also because of Westbrook's contract disputes and the releasing of Simon. I just don't think they have the running game down in Westbrook because he catches more than he runs, and as mcuh respect I have for Andy Reed, he's no Bill Bellichek. I see them winning their division again, but not with the kind of dominance they had last year. No bowl for them I don't think.

As for the Falcons the reasons are simple. That great tandem of Kerney and Coleman won't be as effective anymore since teams now concentrate on them. Just in case you didn't know Kerney's sack total of 13, approx 9 of them came from the first half. After offense realizes the duo's abilities they started drawing match ups for them and they havn't been nearly as effective already. Their pass defense isn't anything stellar either with just a "potential" shutdown corner in the making. Michael Vick is still their biggest question mark, he's the most talented man football has seen in a long while, but he still needs to do what a QB is suppose to do, pass the ball, Tom brady nor Manning doesn't scramble for 40 yard gains and they win. I say if he gets either 25-30 passing TDs or a QB rating of 85+ this season the Falcons will make it to the bowl.

My nod for bounceback teams are Giants, Cowboys, and Bucs. No Raiders here because they never fixed their biggest problem last year, defense.

Well, thats my 2 cent on a few teams this season

max_boost
09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I jumped on the St.Louis Rams bandwagon over 5 years ago and I'm still cheering for them. They are no longer the greatest show on turf but still good, as long as Bulger doesn't throw too many picks.

The NFL is awesome, lots of action, should be another great year. :clap:

RiCE-DaDDy
09-14-2005, 02:59 AM
^ Martz is gonna get fired lol
He took over a superbowl team and look at them now haha

heavyD
09-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Black & Sliver Baby!

Been a die hard Raiders fan since 1982 when Jim Plunket was passing to Todd Christiensen and Marcus Allen was running the ball.

Oz-
09-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Been a niners fan since about '86. When Jim Burt knocked the shit out of Montana. Right now they suck and hopefully can pull out a 5-7 win season.

The problems all started when Denise York(Debartello) and her husband screwed Eddie Debartello out of the team. It went down hill from there and then they hired Terry Donahue/Dennis Erickson. WTF were they thinking hiring these 2 idiots. Dennis Erickson has wrecked every program that he has ever touched, only got lucky when he won a national championship with the hurricanes. When he left WSU he left is in shambles also. Oregon State? Shambles. Seahawks? horrible horrible coach. Should go back to high school or pop warner coaching.

coolstoryhansel
09-14-2005, 08:54 AM
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Been a fan since the early 90's.

iceburns288
09-18-2005, 02:19 PM
GO PANTHERS! We smoked the Patriots today!:clap: :clap: :clap:

brett_00civic
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
INDY INDY INDY payton manning is the shit, plus freeney, stokley and harrison are amazing. i love the colts and i hopw to hell the can pull it this year

Canaduh
09-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Im kansas city fan, I love how the always run the ball

:werd:

and a rams fan.... used to live in Missouri. Go there, get hooked. easy as that :thumbsup:

oh and dynasty schmynasty, F**k the patriots:drama:

gerrycurl21
09-29-2005, 05:40 PM
i got eagles,panthers,broncos and cowboys takin it this week