PDA

View Full Version : Todd Bertuzzi officially reinstated

habsfan
08-08-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132827

fordo_11
08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Thank god this is over, what pisses me off the most a week later Brad Ferance of the Coyotes did the same thing to one of the Flames (the name escapes me but I know he was a call up at the time and only played like 5 games). It was barely televised and no one made a big deal out of it, because it wasn't a high profile palyer, there was no threat, and no "real" injury occured. I was furious that the league said it was setting an example and then failed to act a week later. But I was also happy the Flames did have to deal with Burt in the playoffs. It is about time we put this whole ugly period in the NHL's history behind us and start with a whole new game. Hopefully Steve Moore takes this with some grace and class, and doesn't drag the NHL through the mud any more than it has already been.

mac_82
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Hopefully Steve Moore will be able to play again too. I know docs are already clearing him to play, but concussions mess with your head, I have had a couple. Some symptoms can't be detected by doctors.

Nalgene
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Slap on the wrist in my opinon.....

88CRX
08-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Nalgene
Slap on the wrist in my opinon.....
:werd:

Bertuzzi is a hack of a hockey player and he doesnt deserve to be back in the NHL after only serving a suspension of 17 regular season games (i think it was 17) and 7 playoff games.

So he misses 24 hockey games and looses $500,000 in salary.

PURE BULLSHIT! :thumbsdow

Barely a slap on the wrist for a cheapshot that nearly paralized Steve Moore.

Cue all the Nucks fans defending Bertuzzi, saying it was an accident.

habsfan
08-09-2005, 07:46 PM
it was like 20 games total or something, but when you think about it, he lost more than that, as his ban from the nhl prevented him from playing overseas last year during the lockout, and the world cup, so although he only missed 20 games in the nhl, he missed alot more hockey games.

Nalgene
08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
The NHL should have made him serve WAY more then that. At the very least they should have held a press conference to say he was reinstated (which they didnt) and said that the NHL will not tolerate "target" hits like this again.

Say all you want about Moore hitting Naslund, Moore wouldnt have been as hurt if 3 other players hadnt piled on top of him... Blah, blah, BLAH.
The fact of the matter is Bertuzzi meant to hit Moore, and he hit him good. It wasnt an accident. He should be punished servly, and wasnt.
The NHL should be ashamed of what they let happen. They said that they changed hockey for the better, well... it doesnt seem to seem like it to me.

Davetronz
08-09-2005, 08:35 PM
FYI Moore has NOT OFFICIALLY been cleared to play. It is suspected that he will be permitted to play but the paper did say that he has not officially been cleared yet.

I think Bertuzzi shouldn't be able to play yet... Maybe a year more for him to think about what he did is in order... Wow, the guy missed not playing, just like EVERYONE else did this year (not counting those who played overseas/nationally)...

lastprodigy
08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
nhl should have set the stage by suspending moore in the first place.....then a harsher suspension on bertuzzi would hav ebeen more likely

88CRX
08-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
nhl should have set the stage by suspending moore in the first place.....then a harsher suspension on bertuzzi would hav ebeen more likely

The Moore hit on Naslund was CLEAN!

Naslund was fucking around in open ice with his head down. Oh wait, you cant hit star players :rolleyes:

awd
08-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Welcome back Bert!

wildrice
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
It's bullshit. Moore's nhl career could potentially be over due to bertuzzi and he gets to come back in the leauge and play after only missing 13 regular season games and 7 playoff games. Big fucking deal if he didn't get to play overseas.

As long as steve moore can't play in the nhl, I don't think bertuzzi should either.

Nhl rules need to be changed. If the consequences of doing stuff like this was bigger say half the season off w/ a so and so amount fine, players wouldn't do stupid things like this so easily.

awd
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
bla bla bla.

The price of Bertuzzi's suspension was much more than 20 games. It was also a chance to play for team Canada, it was a chance to play in Europe with everyone else and earn some cash while staying sharp. This inability to keep playing over the year may irreparably hurt his career as he may never get back to his old form.

It also likely cost his team a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup. The Canucks were one goal away from knocking out the eventual Western Champions, a VERY physical team, and Berts presence would surely have made an impact.

Whether you think it's enough is your own judgement call. However, it's misleading to think his punishment was just missing a few games.

Its done, the guy is playing -- suck it up.

wildrice
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by awd
bla bla bla.

The price of Bertuzzi's suspension was much more than 20 games. It was also a chance to play for team Canada, it was a chance to play in Europe with everyone else and earn some cash while staying sharp. This inability to keep playing over the year may irreparably hurt his career as he may never get back to his old form.

It also likely cost his team a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup. The Canucks were one goal away from knocking out the eventual Western Champions, a VERY physical team, and Berts presence would surely have made an impact.

Whether you think it's enough is your own judgement call. However, it's misleading to think his punishment was just missing a few games.

Yea, so what about Steve moore?? He's an innocent victim. He could potentially never play in the nhl again.

88CRX
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by awd
Its done, the guy is playing -- suck it up. [/B]

Iginla is gonna kick his ass btw.

awd
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Iginla is gonna kick his ass btw.

LOL, bring it.

Originally posted by wildrice

Yea, so what about Steve moore?? He's an innocent victim. He could potentially never play in the nhl again.

Its a shame what happened -- but do you really think Bertuzzi meant to break his neck? and really, was it him alone that caused the break -- what about Moore's teammates that "piled" on? Its a violent sport, shit happens.

And he wasn't "innocent", he was a marked man after that so called "clean" hit on Naslund. I am not saying he deserved what he got but he knew something was coming.

Nalgene
08-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by awd
bla bla bla.

Thats hearsay. You dont know which way it could have gone. Plus the team deserves it. They were all in on it. Why do you think both the Vancouver and Colorado staff are included in the lawsuit launched by Moore.
Even if Moore had a dirty hit on Naslund, the Canucks over reacted, BIG TIME. Like they usually do...

"Oh we lost in the playoffs, lets go riot"
"OK"

Suck it up, Canucks lost in the playoffs fair and sqaure. Vancouver lost to the better team. And even if Bertuzzi was allowed to play in the playoffs, when they lost, they would have blamed it on your main goalie not being able to play. :rolleyes:

mac_82
08-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I think Bertuzzi meant to go out and injure him. Look at what was said by the whole team, not just Bert. They put a "bounty" on Moore's head, and they were out there to hurt him. Bertuzzi smashed Moore's head into the ice and fell on top of him with or without the help of anyone else. The initial impact of that is most likely what broke his neck, not the ensuing pile up.

And the hit on Naslund, it was clean. Sure players will defend their teammates, even more so their star players. Gretz always had someone watching his back. There is a clean way and a dirty way to settle a score. In the game Moore got hurt, he had already fought someone else, I can't remember who. Bertuzzi was pissed and took a DIRTY shot at him.

And the Bertuzzi suspension is :bullshit:. So what he couldn't play in Europe, big deal go cry about it. Making $750 000 for a year in Europe is nothing to him, thats pocket change compared to his NHL salary. And its not like Canada needed Bertuzzi at all. Sure the Canucks missed him in the playoffs, but missing so few games for such a serious crime is a joke in my opinion. If I threatened to hurt someone, went out and did it, and broke their neck, ruining their chances of employment and seriously hurting them, I am sure any average person would get more than a slap on the wrist. I know pro sports are different, and blah blah but just think about that happening. Just for a second.

Nucks fans should stop justifying Berts actions. It's not like Steve Moore broke Naslunds neck with a dirty from behind hit.

** End rant**

awd
08-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Nalgene

Suck it up, Canucks lost in the playoffs fair and sqaure. Vancouver lost to the better team. And even if Bertuzzi was allowed to play in the playoffs, when they lost, they would have blamed it on your main goalie not being able to play. :rolleyes:

Thats hearsay.

mac_82
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Both teams had players injured or suspended and unable to play. But when a team looses a playoff series there is always a fall guy. Think how many coaches have been sacked or star players rung out because of a lost playoff series.

lastprodigy
08-14-2005, 06:33 PM
i wont bother posting instead just pretend i quoted everything awd said :)

BokCh0y
08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Everything has already been said here about whether Bertuzzi's hit was clean or not and whether Steve Moore deserved it or what.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77182

Let's not have another thread about Bertuzzi and his hit on Moore and blah blah blah. Touchy topic. Instead lets look at this:

Hockey is Back
Bertuzzi is back
Moore will hopefully be back

That is it.

88CRX
08-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Everything has already been said here about whether Bertuzzi's hit was clean or not and whether Steve Moore deserved it or what.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77182

Let's not have another thread about Bertuzzi and his hit on Moore and blah blah blah. Touchy topic. Instead lets look at this:

Hockey is Back
Bertuzzi is back
Moore will hopefully be back

That is it.

sweep it under the rug? :rolleyes:

BokCh0y
08-14-2005, 07:15 PM

sweep it under the rug? :rolleyes:

let's just hope for a full recovery for moore and welcome back hockey and bertuzzi. remember everyone gets their day. karma will come around.

i've been without hockey for way too long. tired of watching my kids play street hockey with the other kids on the block. just not the same no matter how many beers i have.

88CRX
08-14-2005, 07:26 PM

uhhhh, i was being sarcastic..... sweeping it under the rug is the "easy" way out :thumbsdow

BokCh0y
08-14-2005, 07:33 PM
well fuk if you want to sit here and fight about bertuzzi's come back and his hit on moore again......then have fun. i'm just simply trying to say let's stop looking into the past. what happened happened. damage has already been done. you can sit here all day and yap about how bertuzzi doesn't deserve to come back and at the end of your yapping......guess what? bertuzzi is coming back anyways. quit wasting time and bringing up an old issue. bertuzzi is coming back whether you like it or not. suck it up and look forward to the coming season pal.

88CRX
08-14-2005, 08:32 PM
well fuk if you want to sit here and fight about bertuzzi's come back and his hit on moore again......then have fun. i'm just simply trying to say let's stop looking into the past. what happened happened. damage has already been done. you can sit here all day and yap about how bertuzzi doesn't deserve to come back and at the end of your yapping......guess what? bertuzzi is coming back anyways. quit wasting time and bringing up an old issue. bertuzzi is coming back whether you like it or not. suck it up and look forward to the coming season pal.

haha, i'm sorry, but last time i checked this was a message board where people talk about shit

BokCh0y
08-14-2005, 09:04 PM

haha, i'm sorry, but last time i checked this was a message board where people talk about shit

yeah this is a msg board where everyone talks about shit. i do agree with you there.

but why do you have to talk about the same old shit over and over? give it a rest pal. bertuzzi is coming back and that is that. don't like it? then don't watch hockey. practice what you preach. let everyone else here talk their shit instead of flaming anyone that tries to defend bertuzzi. SUCK IT UP princess. go waste someone elses time.

:closed:

88CRX
08-14-2005, 09:20 PM
but why do you have to talk about the same old shit over and over? give it a rest pal. bertuzzi is coming back and that is that. don't like it? then don't watch hockey. better yet why don't you go and question your girl over and over why she didn't save her cherry for you. same shit pal. practice waht you preach. let everyone else here talk their shit instead of flaming anyone that tries to defend bertuzzi. SUCK IT UP princess. go waste someone elses time.

:closed:

I dont think i quite understand what your trying to get at?

There is post on a message board specifically about Bertuzzi being reinstated. Several members are discussing it. And you dont think I should post up my opinion on the matter?

And btw, you sound like a bitter hockey fan... you wouldnt happen to be a Vancouver fan would you?

stick-boy
08-14-2005, 10:13 PM
if i may interupt, all ur complaining about bertuzzi being back sure makes a huge difference. Keep up the good work. Stop complaining about it and enjoy the season, and if you gotta piss and moan about it, drop bettman a line.

toyboy88
08-15-2005, 08:17 AM
meh don't feel like reading the whole thread to see if my thought is a repost this early in the morning...:D

anwayz the only thing that sorta makes me angry: is gary bettman high on drugs or sumthing when he said in the news conference that "bertuzzi has served a long long enough suspension over a year to think about his actions (and so on)..."

everybody has been gone for a year:banghead: :dunno:

[/rant]

HRD2PLZ
08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
I was at a wedding on the weekend where the groom's uncle is Todd Bertuzzi's lawyer, I guess they have some stuff up there sleeves too. He laughed and said, "it's not over yet..." I am not a huge fan of hockey, so I didn't stick around and get the scoop on a majority of what he said, but all the BC fans who attended the wedding were happy :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
08-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Until Moore is cleared by his doctors to play, Bertuzzi shouldn't even get to see a hockey arena.

Why should the victim be punished longer than the offender? This is yet another example of the NHL's slap-on-the-wrist policies, and it makes me sick.

toyboy88
08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
Until Moore is cleared by his doctors to play, Bertuzzi shouldn't even get to see a hockey arena.

Why should the victim be punished longer than the offender? This is yet another example of the NHL's slap-on-the-wrist policies, and it makes me sick.

agreed :banghead:

finboy
08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

but unfortunatly, the nhl wants to get as many big names back on the ice as they can to bring back fans, the punishment was a joke, but not much can be done about it anymore

derek123
08-19-2005, 08:02 PM
:drama:

yay berts back.

thought the puishment was a bit harsh.

it looked to me as if he was trying to spin him around ... then sucker punch him. subtle difference, imo.

as for him being out till moores back. no way
these guys know the risks, and are paid very well because of them. they all know that it could be over in an instant.

even with him back, the nucks will still choke in the playoffs. :(

my two...

Nissanaddict
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by awd
bla bla bla.

What a price. If someone broke into my house, went into the living room, I heard him, came upstairs from my room, snuck up behind him, and threw his head into the ground, broke a bit of hardwood, I'd probably get charged because he didn't attack me first, and may have had to go to jail. I can't play in the NHL or have a shot at the Stanley cup anyways. That's like Bill Gates plowing over 3 people in a Rolls Royce, and getting a sentence of not being able to drive a car with a million dollar or over value for a year. What Bertuzzi did UNJUSTIFIED, net him practically NOTHING. What a punishment. :rolleyes: I wish I got a 20 game suspension for throwing peoples' heads into the ground from behind only because I'm slightly agitated at them, and giving them major injuries. Jeezus.

As long as steve moore can't play in the nhl, I don't think bertuzzi should either.

Jim Rome said the same thing, and it would be the most fair punishment WITHIN the NHL. But the fact that I would be in JAIL for doing that....yeah. Stupid.