PDA

View Full Version : stupid M3's

syeve
01-30-2003, 02:19 PM
I was turning onto crowchild north today from work and a buddy of mine was right behind me in his 2000 M3...long story short he was riging my ass till about half was through second gear (~80kms) the he rips into the right lane and passes me like a bitch, stock everything on the M3 and it sounded AWSOME! Neways, got my ass handed to me for the first time in the new ride, so I thought I woud feel sorry for myself a little.

I only have injen intake, so thats my excuse...:rolleyes:

shadowz
01-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Dont forget the JDM headlights 10 WHP!!!!:confused:

B17a
01-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I saw the sweetest M3 downtown yesterday, silver with some front piece on it, couldn't get a good look as I was trying to stay on the road and oggle at the same time!

max_boost
01-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Wow, your buddy has a E46 M3?!?! Dam!:love: :drool:

Any future motor mods for your Type-S?

Hakkola
01-30-2003, 03:24 PM
I was behind a silver M3 yesterday, it didn't look stock, it was right by the dealership, looked lowered, I didn't get a good look at it because by the time I got beside it i had to turn off, it looked sweet though, better then the other M3's I seen, not sure exactly what was diff. though, maybe just lowered or something.:dunno:

syeve
01-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Any future motor mods for your Type-S?

I've heard good things about the hondata reflash...

XylathaneGTR
01-30-2003, 03:58 PM
mmm, Niice.
I was at westhills a while back (dont ask why, westhills kinda sux0r :( ) And this Gold/Yellow M3 just comes slowly crusing through. it looked amazing, It had different rims, it was kinda dark out, so i couldn't get a good like, i just know they weren't stock BMW's, and it also looked a little lower...Not to sure tho.
Looked pretty nice tho.

calarina
01-30-2003, 04:25 PM
I think I saw that same yellow/gold M3. I was standing outside Blockbuster, and saw him pull up, started drooling, but anyway. He walks up to the blockbuster, and I said: "Is that your M3?" He said: "Yeah"
"Damn, that's so nice"
"Yeah, it's pretty fast"
"Wish I could own one someday"
He smiles, and walks in. He had a mentally handicapped daughter.

DAMNIT, such a sweet car :drool:

cocoabrova
01-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by calarina
I think I saw that same yellow/gold M3. I was standing outside Blockbuster, and saw him pull up, started drooling, but anyway. He walks up to the blockbuster, and I said: "Is that your M3?" He said: "Yeah"
"Damn, that's so nice"
"Yeah, it's pretty fast"
"Wish I could own one someday"
He smiles, and walks in. He had a mentally handicapped daughter.

DAMNIT, such a sweet car :drool:
Someone's looking for a sugardaddy:dunno: :rofl:

Glowrider
01-30-2003, 05:26 PM
M3's rock :) The only thing that sucks about the E46 M3 is the engine. It's a worthless piece of garbage. Too much rotating mass, spinning way to fast, alot of engine failures for these cars. Thats why BMW gave everyone with an E46 a 6 year extended warranty. Woo!

On the subject of Hondata, my friend had Hondata Stage 2 on his ITR, it was pretty kick ass. Good engine management.

kaput
01-30-2003, 06:32 PM

Tuner1
01-31-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by syeve
I was turning onto crowchild north today from work and a buddy of mine was right behind me in his 2000 M3...

Sorry, no such beast as a MY 2000 BMW M3. Must be either a '99 or an '01 :D

Rob

Tuner1
01-31-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Glowrider
M3's rock :) The only thing that sucks about the E46 M3 is the engine. It's a worthless piece of garbage. Too much rotating mass, spinning way to fast, alot of engine failures for these cars.

Huh?!?!? :dunno: Where did you come up with that? It isn't a case of "too much rotating mass" or "spinning way to(o) fast", rather a tolerance issue with bearings, etc. Some also speculate some oiling issues. Only BMW really knows! Either way the S54 is a beautiful motor that has won many international awards and acclaim. I'd love to have a 6yr/160km warranty on my engine, that is nothing to sneeze at!

Rob

syeve
01-31-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Sorry, no such beast as a MY 2000 BMW M3. Must be either a '99 or an '01 :D

Rob

He just got it not to long ago...I know its not the brand new one with 333 hp and dual exhaust, but the one made just before that one...god I sound like an idiot:nut:...it worked me good, thats all I know, and by the way, me and that guy are NOT friends anymore... :rolleyes:

actually Rob, you might know him...I dont want to put any names on the net, but he has some bitchen 19 inch wheels for summmers, but for winter he has on some 18 inch BBS wheels...its blue with white leather interior, and its soooo nice.

Tuner1
01-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by syeve

actually Rob, you might know him...I dont want to put any names on the net, but he has some bitchen 19 inch wheels for summmers, but for winter he has on some 18 inch BBS wheels...its blue with white leather interior, and its soooo nice.

A ha, yes I do know him. I sold him the 19" BBSs and some other goodies. Nice car :thumbsup: It is an "E36" chassis and IIRC his is a '98.

Rob

Glowrider
01-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Huh?!?!? Where did you come up with that?

My engine blew at 549 miles. Brand new, and it blew LOL. The engine is to high strung. 333 hp out of a N/A inline 6. It's maxed out. They might've went to far with the engine.

ecstasyracer
01-31-2003, 01:33 PM
I'd love to have a 6yr/160km warranty on my engine, that is nothing to sneeze at!
I'd be scared when that warrenty runs out though. M3 owners better start saving up now.

Tuner1
01-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

I'd be scared when that warrenty runs out though. M3 owners better start saving up now.

No, because the ones that are going to suffer from engine failure will do so in the first 30,000km or less, due to the oiling and bearing tolerance issues. Once you get past that mark you are home free.

Rob

lilboykorea
02-01-2003, 07:47 PM
i raced one too, my friends, tl-s vs m3...
damnnnn by the time i was doin like 50 he must have been doin at least 100

syeve
02-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by lilboykorea
i raced one too, my friends, tl-s vs m3...
damnnnn by the time i was doin like 50 he must have been doin at least 100

like I said...stupid M3's...:rolleyes: