PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth kit to install in car

Forkster
08-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey guys,

I bought a Parrot Bluetooth cellphone kit to install in my car. Which Calgary shop is techie enough to handle it?

Forkster
08-10-2005, 05:45 PM
<crickets in the background>

No one knows of a shop that can install this? :confused:

westside_ryda
09-18-2005, 03:06 AM
A&B N.E. sunridge

googe
09-18-2005, 12:13 PM
tech skills not required. plugging it in to your lighter socket skills is all that is required

Xtrema
09-19-2005, 09:48 PM
I'll do it for $100 + shop material cost.

http://www.driveblue.com/images/products/easydriveok.jpg

:D I hope you're kidding because I'm.

Weapon_R
09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
It's more involved than plugging into a cig lighter, but any shop in Calgary can do it easily.

googe
09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It's more involved than plugging into a cig lighter, but any shop in Calgary can do it easily.

actually it isnt, nothing youd go to a shop for.

The speakerphone ($99 at driveblue.com) does not require professional installation. You simply plug the round microphone and speaker module into your car's cigarette lighter, and it quickly connects to your Bluetooth-enabled phone, whatever its network. The unit has a built-in microphone - older versions had wired microphones that clipped to your visor - as well as a connected manual-control module with three large function buttons.

But by using its integrated voice-recognition technology, you can make and receive calls, check voice mail and adjust volume without touching your phone or the controls. It also has digital-signal audio processing to filter out background noise and echo so you can be heard more clearly.

Because it is a plug-and-play product, the Parrot kit is useful for travelers who rent cars - and potentially an asset when you need to call for directions along the way.

unless he wants a shop to clip it on his visor ;)