PDA

View Full Version : pondering....

tegdream
01-30-2003, 05:37 PM
i currently have this system
Sony CDX-M630 deck...
2 12 inch Alpine Type S subs in apline box
Alpine MRP-F200 amp ( 100X2 RMS , or 50X4 RMS)
factory speakers
..considerin its my first system, it pounds pretty good for me

however now im realizing im more into listening to music rather than bass so i was thinking of doing this

getting some good 6X9's for the back and 6.5's in front..run those 4 off the amp i have....and then a single 10 inch or 12 inch sub off a seperate amp.....i think this would give me a much claner sound and cleaner bass....however the bass would be decent..........some thoughts and opinions would be appreciated...thanks :)

That.Guy.S30
01-30-2003, 06:50 PM
maybe u shoudl just get another sub known for good clean bass and sound quality... like the infinity perfect and grab an amp that will power the thing.. and it will sound reall nice

That.Guy.S30
01-30-2003, 06:51 PM
and replacin the factory speakers is a real good idea.. sounds alot cleaner.. and louder..

Ajay
01-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Yah you can't expect to get clean, crisp sound from factory speakers. Replace those first. And if you're looking for a SQ sub over a SPL sub there's plenty of options that will give you tight accurate bass but not as hard hitting as a MTX RFL for instance!

Couple brands for the subs you might wanna look into would definetly be Infinity, Boston Acoustics, and even PPI.

12V
01-30-2003, 09:05 PM
I'd leave the subs and amp alone, and go buy a small amp, new fronts and rears.

CanadaCivicSIR
01-30-2003, 09:16 PM
I personally, don't like the sound from 6x9's, I find them to be too overpowering, I recommend buying a good 6", speaker for the rear and build a plate to hold them.