PDA

View Full Version : Problem with stereo

england4957
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
hey i was just curious recently my car stereo has been doin some weird shit. when i turn my music up past a certain volume all of my speakers make a shitty crackling noise as if they were all blown or i was getting a bad radio signal or something but i find it hard to believe that every one of my speakers would go at the same time. it does it at a fairly high volume with cd's and the radio Anyways is this a sign that my deck is messed and i need a new one? please give me your suggestions

soupey
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
well someone cranked ur stereo too far and blew smthn in the internal amp IF its not all the speakers...only way to test it out is to check each speaker on its own first...meaning take the speakers out and test them, or to get a hold of another deck and install it and see if it makes a dif

whitey
08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
sometimes it happens when you keep stock speakers in. Same thing happens to my buddy with his ranger. He put a new deck, subs and a 900 watt amp. Play with your treble and put it a bit lower so you can keep your valume high :thumbsup:

rahim
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
the amp in your deck is clipping, buy a real amp or listen to your stereo with the volume lower, what do you expect from 10 watts per channel?

england4957
08-10-2005, 08:03 PM
cool thanks for the help