PDA

View Full Version : Overhaulin: Honda Civic

dj_rice
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Just watched the episode where they re-did a japanese import this time instead of american muscle car....anybody catch it??

Paintjob was pretty nice, but other than that..too much bling...wasnt able to hear about the engine they threw in...

88CRX
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
i missed it :banghead: but its on again @ 10pm tonight

Aleks
08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I saw it. That thing was riced out when it came in and it went out just a little better :barf: Why can't these guys ever do something that's not so over the top when it comes to imports?!

dmtx
08-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah I've seen it.... don't really like it that much... too buzy-looks on the paint job....

Moe Man
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
i like it not bad now we now what chip foose can do to an import

IMO he should stick to domestices

he should do a luxury car next.......pimp out a 96 Cadilliac STS :thumbsup:

jumperman8
08-09-2005, 08:59 PM
i thought that civic was sick, from what it was, in 7 days, unreal.

benyl
08-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I didn't like the white stripe in the paint job... it totally took away from the car.

The paint jobs on the two pontiac G6s were awesome on RIDES.

dj_rice
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I didn't like the white stripe in the paint job... it totally took away from the car.

The paint jobs on the two pontiac G6s were awesome on RIDES.

Yeah no doubt but lol the paint job did have SOME carbon fibre lol so it wasnt too bad...

But that airbrushing artist guy who makes flames look so realistic is CRAZY....saw that hes airbrushed flames on a boat and a helicopter

rc2002
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I thought that civic looked awesome. They actually de-riced it, taking off that fugly rear bumper. And the engine looked pretty damn good too, although it was already there when the car was brought in. They just prettied it up a bit. I didn't get a good look at the intake manifold, but it was definitely a B-series.... :thumbsup:

illeagle
08-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I thought that civic looked awesome. They actually de-riced it, taking off that fugly rear bumper. And the engine looked pretty damn good too, although it was already there when the car was brought in. They just prettied it up a bit. I didn't get a good look at the intake manifold, but it was definitely a B-series.... :thumbsup:

werd, that custom spoiler was PIMP... It had a GSR intake, and the motor was pretty built, new pistons, cams, machined head race ready, with nitrous. Lucky guy. Very nice ride.

dmtx
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Looking at it again, I like the front end (headlights was awesome)....

88CRX
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
i think it looked pretty pimp :bigpimp:

its a nice clean rice lol :D and ya the engine was built up, someone on hondatech helped work on it or something....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/djfourmoney/OverhaulinTuner_11.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/djfourmoney/OverhaulinTuner_3.jpg

88CRX
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
the dude that worked on it

the car def did not end up with 18's, it got foose edition 20's on a civic. well for paint i dunno if you can say it s ricey but in some eyes its def different. The car had no jdm theme what so ever, but who would complain to have a beater turned into a show car for free.
got to look at the whole picture. This was the first time an import was ever done for the show. Lots of things shoulda coulda woulda been done, but there was lots of politics holding things back.

the first concept of the build was for boost since Dylan was into the whole import scene and had already done a GSR swap. to that once we heard that the build had to be CARB legal.

then supercharged. again nobody was able to provide CARB numbers in time for the build.

had to stay all motor since it had to go to the ref and pass emisions. got some goodies bigger bore je and eagle through in the goodies. port flow for the head
hondata, nitrous express, BDL, to name a few.

it was really all done in a 7 days.

asp integra
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
i was just going to make a thread about this, i thought the car looked really nice, sick car, also i think the engine is b18c5

finboy
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
meh, i expected WAY better from foose

rc2002
08-09-2005, 11:46 PM
No it definitely wasn't B18C5. But it did get built right. I'm glad that the guy knew what he was getting. It irks me when people's rides get pimped and they don't know or appreciate what kind of effort or parts went into it.

saiyajin
08-09-2005, 11:56 PM
i thought it was pretty sweet haha i knew there was going to be a thread started on beyond when i saw this episode :D i thought that custom trunk lip was pretty nice
so did they just paint over the cf hood? :nut:
and they didnt give him a ricey steering wheel hah i think that was the only thing original left on it

Rockski
08-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I saw it. That thing was riced out when it came in and it went out just a little better :barf: Why can't these guys ever do something that's not so over the top when it comes to imports?!

because when you get a bunch of muscle head in a garage, you end up with muscle, they like to work what they know best (and what is best ;) )

Lo)2enz0
08-10-2005, 02:14 AM
god when pimp my ride did the 240sx everyone in the nissan community were pissed off. you should have seen the threads on North west nissans.

at least this car wasn't that bad, could have been alot worse

civic_stylez
08-10-2005, 08:14 AM
of course their going to do it over the top, their not going to bring a car in and do it jdm...it has to be flashy for tv because most people dont have a clue what jdm is. if the car looks stock after it leaves the shop, people would be like wtf!:confused:

freakin
08-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
i was just going to make a thread about this, i thought the car looked really nice, sick car, also i think the engine is b18c5

I'd have to say that's a B18C1 in there, unless it's an LS VTEC with a GSR head on it. You can tell by the intake manifold.

Edit: it is a B18C1,
"the first concept of the build was for boost since Dylan was into the whole import scene and had already done a GSR swap. to that once we heard that the build had to be CARB legal."

From the sounds of it, it's a pretty decent all motor car...I'd like to see more specs on that engine. JE pistons, but what compression and how much was it bored out? What cams? Eagle rods are a nice touch. The header looks decent, but I can't see the rest of it. I'm surprised they left that tank of an intake on there though.

The paint's a little out there for me...but I'm assuming that's what the owner wanted. Usually they have their 'insiders' who can tell the build team what the owner likes.

Does anyone know who built the motor? I'd be curious to see if it was Omniman.

QuasarCav
08-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by freakin

I'd have to say that's a B18C1 in there, unless it's an LS VTEC with a GSR head on it. You can tell by the intake manifold.

Edit: it is a B18C1,
"the first concept of the build was for boost since Dylan was into the whole import scene and had already done a GSR swap. to that once we heard that the build had to be CARB legal."

From the sounds of it, it's a pretty decent all motor car...I'd like to see more specs on that engine. JE pistons, but what compression and how much was it bored out? What cams? Eagle rods are a nice touch. The header looks decent, but I can't see the rest of it. I'm surprised they left that tank of an intake on there though.

They put an AEM CAI on there, you could see the filter though the hole in front of the bumper.

See I was watching it waiting for them to tell me numbers and specs. That doesn't sell commercials though.

All things considered I think they did an allright job, not exactly foose's area of expertise but they still managed to make it look better then when they started, I cant say that much about pimp my ride.

Aleks
08-10-2005, 08:46 AM
If they were going to do an import or what they called their first tuner car they should have done something nicer than a 95 civic. Anyways the man builds some nice stuff. I am not really into the muscle cars or whatever but I watch this show because the stuff they do with those older cars is HOT.

And the chick is alrite too, I saw her in person last year :poosie:

freakin
08-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Lewis, when I was talking about the intake, I was referring to the B18C1 (GSR) intake manifold. It's a 2-stage manifold...basically there's two intake paths and a valve to redirect the air. They weigh a ton compared to a B16 or ITR intake (which won't fit but there are aftermarket options available).

My only complaint:
No cappuccino maker or fish tank inside. :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by freakin
Lewis, when I was talking about the intake, I was referring to the B18C1 (GSR) intake manifold. It's a 2-stage manifold...basically there's two intake paths and a valve to redirect the air. They weigh a ton compared to a B16 or ITR intake (which won't fit but there are aftermarket options available).

My only complaint:
No cappuccino maker or fish tank inside. :thumbsdow

Whoops, my lingo isn't up to standards.

My complaint: Excessive use of the word "tuner", we are going to tune up this tuner car with tuner parts and tuner guys.

Moe Man
08-10-2005, 08:56 PM
hey did anyone notice the steering wheel......when they first got the car in there there was a big scratch in the middle on the steering wheel, and it was still there at the end, it looked so stupid. like why couldnt they have just got a momo wheel or something.....then again it is just a civic